Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: This weather

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    That sucks mate because it's just not a third of the roof it's the rest of the house it'll damage too.
    Yeah, that's the issue at the moment. Fortunately the main leakage into the house happens to be in the bathroom... so the bulk of the water is just going down the plughole. The wiring in the roof is ****ed though... she still had power last night when I talked to her but the leak had fried the circuit the lights were on so while she could cook in the microwave and watch TV, she had to use a torch to get around the place.

The tin shed out the back was ripped in half too, apparently. Lots of water damage to stuff that was kept in storage out there, probably completely trashed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Quite a pleasant night in the end with candles, a good old tranny radio, curry and wine. No power, no interwebz and no mobile phones. A little flooding but no biggie.

Actually, love how all the "my smartphone does everything" fanbois fall to pieces with no recharge capability and no radio. Heard of people spending the evening in their cars to get charge rather than spend it with their families !
    Sounds nice mate! We'd be ok if we had a kitchen or a lounge to sit on at the moment. The gas cook top which is about to get delivered would have worked a treat. Feel for my Mrs who has our 11 month old confined to a blank rectangular room for 2 weeks. Hopefully she can work out how to get the car from the garage and can get a cuppa tea at the folks or in-laws.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    For some reason I always picture plague as nf.net's Tony Montana.
    Oh man.
    Without bragging tho but there's been some occasions.

Anyway back in Newy now. Jesus there's some trees upside down. I know one former manager at NCC who is all like "HOWS THEM FIG TREES NOW HIPPIES!!!!!"

No power at Plague central, and nowt work on.

Probs as good a time as ever to teach Plague Jnr how to loot without gettin caught.

We fared pretty well out of this one. A lot less flooding downstairs than during the 2007 storm. Somehow, despite multiple trees in in the surrounding streets taking out powerlines we managed to not get a blackout.

But why, the day after we get a new dog, does our fence need to be put into orbit.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Oh man.
    Without bragging tho but there's been some occasions.

Anyway back in Newy now. Jesus there's some trees upside down. I know one former manager at NCC who is all like "HOWS THEM FIG TREES NOW HIPPIES!!!!!"

No power at Plague central, and nowt work on.

Probs as good a time as ever to teach Plague Jnr how to loot without gettin caught.
    When I seen that tree come down the first thing I thought is they were right about those figs.

Go cit the rest of them down and upset the usual brain dead dropkicks

Would at least keep SOR from the limelight for a while and that's a big positive

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    When I seen that tree come down the first thing I thought is they were right about those figs.
    Had dinner last night with a bloke from NCC who was in the middle of all the fig tree decision making.

There was a bit of chuckling about this subject.

Is claiming food lost in fridges/freezers from this power outage a thing? Has anyone been through it? Details if so?
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Is claiming food lost in fridges/freezers from this power outage a thing? Has anyone been through it? Details if so?
    I reckon things like this they will have a get out of it clause, kind of like Telstra does with paying fees for phone outages during disasters.

I've done it in the past though... big storm when I lived at Stockton, lightning hit the power pole out the front and I was without electricity for 3 days. Itemised everything that was in my fridge/freezer, sent a claim and was reimbursed.

act of god mayne

You trying to claim for the zooper doopers mate?

I lost two paddlepops. We were fortunate that our fridge was run down with the kitchen renos. But the lack of power has brought progress to a standstill.

There is natural disaster assistance offered by the government but there is heaps of eligibility criteria associated with it.

Who were you thinking of claiming against?
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 24-04-2015 at 10:33 AM.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

You trying to claim for the zooper doopers mate?

I lost two paddlepops. We were fortunate that our fridge was run down with the kitchen renos. But the lack of power has brought progress to a standstill.

There is natural disaster assistance offered by the government but there is heaps of eligibility criteria associated with it.

Who were you thinking of claiming against?
    I have no idea who to claim against, I was kind of after assistance/info on it.

Whether it is claim against my insurance, against Ausgrid, against whoever.

And was kind of after info on how much is worth claiming, and if I need to prove it, etc. As in can someone just say "I lost $500 worth of food" and get $500? Or does someone come and check? And what about foodstuff that has been thrown out already, if we do have to prove it?

With the stuff in my fridge, plus freezer etc, I reckon it'll cost me around $200-300 to replace what I had there. I just have no idea if that is worth claiming, and if insurance excess comes into play, or what.

I assumed someone on here would have sussed that out already, and would know.
    OK

I have no idea who to claim against, I was kind of after assistance/info on it.

Whether it is claim against my insurance, against Ausgrid, against whoever.

And was kind of after info on how much is worth claiming, and if I need to prove it, etc. As in can someone just say "I lost $500 worth of food" and get $500? Or does someone come and check? And what about foodstuff that has been thrown out already, if we do have to prove it?

With the stuff in my fridge, plus freezer etc, I reckon it'll cost me around $200-300 to replace what I had there. I just have no idea if that is worth claiming, and if insurance excess comes into play, or what.

I assumed someone on here would have sussed that out already, and would know.
    I think you'd go under your home contents policy and you'd have to look at the wording that's contained within relating to food damage.

For example, your policy might say that food spoilage as a result of damage to your house from the storm is covered, however it might not cover the food if power is lost as a result of damage to the network.

You'd have to present evidence, so photos of what food has gone off.

And as with any claim, there is the excess. Is paying the excess on your policy worthwhile covering the food? If you've got other damage to claim as well, perhaps it'll be worth it.

Best bet is to call your insurer and ask about it because each policy is different.

I just got word that power to Kotara might get restored Sunday, however it may push to Wednesday.

Banned
    I just got word that power to Kotara might get restored Sunday, however it may push to Wednesday.
    Can advise no issues at all in Kotara SOUTH

4 days with no power was a test for all.

Civic park as usual had heaps of trees down but now ready for Anzac day.

But bad news is... the lone pine tree (transplanted from Melbourne and before that Gallipoli) in the eastern memorial took a big hit and is now gone

Just got da powah back less than an hour ago.

Disgrace it was not restored to my well-known suburb earlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Upside - didn't have to worry about the Jets losing again.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

I'm over it now!!!... Still no power since Monday night!!!!!..... Camping was fun but not anymore!!!!!.....
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.