Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: This weather

Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Upside - didn't have to worry about the Jets losing again.
    U should worry... Muppet still in charge!!
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

I work as an hydrographer, we were all preparing to get out chasing the flood water last week, however we copped it in East Maito and we lost 4 work vehicles and had a metre of water go through our office.. Irony, come on in..

Word is that there is another (however smaller), east coast low on the way for this week.. There is a kiwi bloke who predicts the weather off of sunspots, he called the '07 floods, and these..

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    I work as an hydrographer, we were all preparing to get out chasing the flood water last week, however we copped it in East Maito and we lost 4 work vehicles and had a metre of water go through our office.. Irony, come on in..

Word is that there is another (however smaller), east coast low on the way for this week.. There is a kiwi bloke who predicts the weather off of sunspots, he called the '07 floods, and these..
    now this is a couple times of times this has happened. lol

Still no power :'(
    OK

Pv4 if your area has been declared a natural disaster zone, your excess will be waived and you will get reimbursed (don't hold me to that because insurance companies will weasel their way out of everything)
    Jaliens gives me the horn

My neighbour is with the same insurance company (NRMA) and he said they went in and were told they could claim $500 and not effect premium or excess.

I was thinking of waiting a few days to a week to see if anything gets broadcasted, but if not I'll head in and hopefully get some money somehow.
    OK

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Still no power :'(
    Bet your loving the decision to be living on the Gypo Coast now

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    we will loose

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    You know how much that hurts me :'(
    OK

what kind of model does he use? have they been published? has he predicted anything in the space between june '07 and now?
    we will loose

Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    what kind of model does he use? have they been published? has he predicted anything in the space between june '07 and now?
    OK

i'm guessing it's something similar to that. no-one paying attention to all the misses, sandwiched between two resounding hits
    we will loose

Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    i'm guessing it's something similar to that. no-one paying attention to all the misses, sandwiched between two resounding hits
    I've heard so many similar stories to what Bon has posted since 07. I remember my mum battened down the hatches in July 2012 because she heard on the radio some dude predicted the June 07 weather, and had predicted July 2012 to have something worse. And IIRC nothing eventuated.

For me, it's just like all those twitter accounts made to predict World Cup groups, and if you make enough of them you're bound to get one right, at which time you delete the rest. And then it's all a FIFA conspiracy innit.
    OK

My neighbour is with the same insurance company (NRMA) and he said they went in and were told they could claim $500 and not effect premium or excess.

I was thinking of waiting a few days to a week to see if anything gets broadcasted, but if not I'll head in and hopefully get some money somehow.
    Me too.
    For some reason Mrs Plague decided to store all of our Picasso's and Monèts on the fridge.

Damn things are now ruined.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Bon, I'd be interested in hearing about this blokes modelling and predictions as well

obviously what i do deals in longer timeframes and uses statistical techniques to make synthetic storms but i find these real time predictions ascinatingf

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Me too.
    For some reason Mrs Plague decided to store all of our Picasso's and Monèts on the fridge.

Damn things are now ruined.
    I assume they're just going to give everyone $500, because the neighbour also told me that NRMA wouldn't need pictures/evidence of what was spoiled.

Is it true that the government or insurance places gave everyone $1000 back in 07 storms? I can't remember, but am being told it happened.
    OK

Is it true that the government or insurance places gave everyone $1000 back in 07 storms? I can't remember, but am being told it happened.
    Yeah it was.
    Howard govt gave it out willy nilly apparently.
    It's means tested and scrutinised a bit more now so people in real trouble get
    a helping hand.

You ain't getting that cash for your soiled pecan pie homie.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Yeah it was.
    Howard govt gave it out willy nilly apparently.
    It's means tested and scrutinised a bit more now so people in real trouble get
    a helping hand.

You ain't getting that cash for your soiled pecan pie homie.
    M8 if they got a taste of the zuchinni slice that got spoilt in my fridge, they'd be giving me squillions of dollars to make up for the emotional damage this storm has caused.
    OK

I think the forecast for the smaller low later in the week is that it will be further up the coast than the last one.

Banned
    WLG Keep us updated on the insurance government rorting your doing

Wouldn't mind getting some money out of the pricks myself to fund my holiday to Thailand.

Can just see myself now knocking back a beer at a Bangkok BJ Bar getting my flute played and thinking how good it is having Tony Abbot paying for it