Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: This weather

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    WLG Keep us updated on the insurance government rorting your doing

Wouldn't mind getting some money out of the pricks myself to fund my holiday to Thailand.

Can just see myself now knocking back a beer at a Bangkok BJ Bar getting my flute played and thinking how good it is having Tony Abbot paying for it
    If you are with NRMA ring them now, you have lost $400 / $500 worse of food in your freezer / fridge, answer their questions........and $500 will be deposited in your account within 72 hours....
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    i'm guessing it's something similar to that. no-one paying attention to all the misses, sandwiched between two resounding hits
    I would not be surprised if Paul the Octopus faked his own death and has shifted his focus from Football results to predicting the weather.

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    If you are with NRMA ring them now, you have lost $400 / $500 worse of food in your freezer / fridge, answer their questions........and $500 will be deposited in your account within 72 hours....
    Does this effect your premium/whatever for later though?
    OK

Is anyone still without power?

I got it back yesterday afternoon - 6.5 days since I lost it.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Does this effect your premium/whatever for later though?
    No it does not....
    Dare to Zlatan

Banned

People that live in Newy didn't have to wait that long

Love how Energy Australia are taking it out on Gypos

Should have make u wait till we get the Sheep answers ....
    Dare to Zlatan

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I would not be surprised if Paul the Octopus faked his own death and has shifted his focus from Football results to predicting the weather.
    outstanding
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Should have make u wait till we get the Sheep answers ....
    Imagine poor WLG putting together the Sheep Quiz Answers FINALLY just to get his power back on.

Energy Australia should have made it happen

Banned
    DESPITE recent storms bringing down thousands of trees causing millions of dollars worth of damage, Newcastle Greens councillor Therese Doyle has called for stricter rules on cutting them down and accused the council of chainsawing more than it needed to.

She said the post-storm danger posed by trees was being ‘‘significantly overstated’’ and was ‘‘like the shark theory’’.

‘‘There’s more chance of being killed by a shark or a car than a falling tree,’’ she said.

‘‘I have great sympathy for those who were killed during the storms last week, but it should be remembered they were killed by floodwater, not by trees.’’

The comments came as she defended moves by the Greens to strengthen levels of community consultation over the council’s tree policies.

She said ‘‘people’’ had complained about the council chopping down nine London plane trees in Newcastle’s King Street two weeks ago, and there needed to be a better process of consultation.

It also follows the removal of up to five trees from Laman Street at the weekend.

In a notice of motion set to be tabled at Tuesday night’s council meeting, Cr Doyle and Greens counterpart Michael Osborne call for a briefing on the council’s current tree policy, call for a new committee to be established to determine what trees should stay or go, and for a moratorium on the removal of ‘‘significant trees’’ except those which pose a ‘‘significantly imminent and otherwise avoidable danger’’.

Cr Doyle said the council’s consultation with the public and councillors on the removal of the King Street plane trees was poor. But the Newcastle Herald has seen a string of emails that were sent to all councillors in the two months prior to the work being done.

It was also included in the council’s operational plan, which was approved by councillors.

It was announced in four media releases also sent to councillors, was the subject of paid advertisements in the media, and the subject of face to face meetings between council, business and property owners in King Street.

Asked who else should have been consulted, Cr Doyle said ‘‘all of the LGA’’.

‘‘Putting notices up is not proper consultation, and since the Laman Street figs fiasco, people feel disenfranchised by the process,’’ Cr Doyle said.

‘‘It’s not just people in King Street affected by the trees. The trees are in the city centre which belongs to everyone, and they add a sense of place and grandeur to the city.’’

Cr Doyle also accused the council of using the storm damage as an excuse to take out more trees than was needed.

‘‘Some obviously had to be removed after the storm, but there were many that were borderline and I question whether we needed to lose as many as we have.’’

Her comments angered some of her opposition councillors.

‘‘Therese Doyle has shown an absolute lack of empathy and decency and a lot of stupidity,’’ councillor Brad Luke said.

‘‘People have had homes badly damaged and their lives have been put at risk.

‘‘If the Greens plan goes ahead, will Therese Doyle offer to personally indemnify anyone who suffers loss or damage or injury?’’

Lord Mayor Nuatali Nelmes distanced herself and the council from the comments.

‘‘They are the views of Therese Doyle and not something I’d personally agree with,’’ she said. ‘‘But this council has been managing the risk to life posed from falling trees for a week so far and we will continue to manage public safety as our priority
    Lefty Nutters

Seems timely to revive this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    Seems timely to revive this thread...
    Hot innit?

It was 44c outside here yesterday but a comfortable 25c inside.
    I cannot remember a summer this hot in NSW. Our power usage is 75% higher than it was the same time last year.
    My respects to any of the communists on the foz that don't have air-conditioning.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 11-02-2017 at 11:48 AM.

Almost hot enough to postpone football matches
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Surprisingly the beach wasn't all that busy at 8am this morning.

Was I the only bloke not invited to SD's pool party?

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Surprisingly the beach wasn't all that busy at 8am this morning.

Was I the only bloke not invited to SD's pool party?

Hawks Entourage at SD's pool party 11th February 2017.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 11-02-2017 at 01:02 PM.

Thats quality and all confirmed in. ill throw in a keg with that.

about to tick over to 40 down here

It's 45.6c at Oakhampton.

150.5 in Wingham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.