Page 45 of 70 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: Gypos - lolz go in here

Hoole back at magic soon
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    There's more info in that Reddit thread on Hoolegate. Apparently massive two day bender after the Smurfs game, rocked up to training late and in no condition to train. Allegedly, of course.
    HAHAHA, if it's possible I'm even more happier we got rid of him!!

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Hoole back at magic soon
    If it doesn't work out at the Mariners, where is he going to go? Malaysia like Reegs or Nabbout? I feel he would struggle to get another A-League gig in the near term.
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Okon is king of drama, apparently. Went on some podcast and rambled on about how terrible the fitness regime at the club was when he arrived and no one knew players BMI's or skinfolds or performance data. Former club doc/physio came out with a statement of "yeah, that's BS and Paul is a lying wanker". Sauce: https://www.reddit.com/r/Aleague/com..._on_paul_okon/

Love Gypo drama, it's like a real life version of Home & Away except the people aren't attractive, the houses are caravans and there are no waves at the beach.
    I have known their former Strength and Conditioning coach for going on 2 decades and he is one of the most honest and professional people you would ever come across. On the weekend he posted about it calling out Okon for BS and attached reams of screenshots of all sorts of the sort of data that Okon said did not exist (obviously without the names of players visible). Okon is starting to feel the pressure and is starting to try and throw mud everywhere and hope that some of it will stick on someone other than himself

Quote Originally Posted by The Camel View Post
    I have known their former Strength and Conditioning coach for going on 2 decades and he is one of the most honest and professional people you would ever come across. On the weekend he posted about it calling out Okon for BS and attached reams of screenshots of all sorts of the sort of data that Okon said did not exist (obviously without the names of players visible). Okon is starting to feel the pressure and is starting to try and throw mud everywhere and hope that some of it will stick on someone other than himself
    It definitely does appear this way..
    Okon looks like he has the weight of the world on him and feels the only way to deal with it is to blame anyone/everyone else..

After Brama's "tackle" and subsequent send-off, all I could think of was "surely Okon can't blame the ref for that one, so who is he going to sh!t on this time to clear his own name??"

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    It definitely does appear this way..
    Okon looks like he has the weight of the world on him and feels the only way to deal with it is to blame anyone/everyone else..

After Brama's "tackle" and subsequent send-off, all I could think of was "surely Okon can't blame the ref for that one, so who is he going to sh!t on this time to clear his own name??"
    His evolving story this year has been interesting to watch, that's for sure. From "Horses", to his post F3 derby press conference, his sidenline antics following Delbridge's challenge against City - it seems it all comes back to bite him. His responses haven't been what I'd call considered - they've been very....dramatic?
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Criminal i'd say.

Hilarious how he ran on and got stuck into Aloisi and Gameiro after the game as if accusing them of cheating. Aloisi handled it well.

As for Hoole - well Nux beckons. That said if he blows CC, he's close to finished and sadly going down the Hearfield/Stuey road.

There's more info in that Reddit thread on Hoolegate. Apparently massive two day bender after the Smurfs game, rocked up to training late and in no condition to train. Allegedly, of course.
    Hoolegate?
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    If it doesn't work out at the Mariners, where is he going to go? Malaysia like Reegs or Nabbout? I feel he would struggle to get another A-League gig in the near term.
    I disagree, I reckon multiple clubs would want him.

If he leaves CCM i reckon we'll see him at Adelaide or Roar very quickly.
    OK

That’ll be the Jets and Mariners that he’s pissed off with his antics.
    I think he’s get one more shot with an A league club.

Europe v3.0, likely.

Aka Hamilton Azzuri (ZL1)

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I disagree, I reckon multiple clubs would want him.

If he leaves CCM i reckon we'll see him at Adelaide or Roar very quickly.
    Brisbane, maybe. I couldn't see him at Adelaide.

In the last 4 seasons he has been at 4 clubs (granted 2 were the jets, but you get what I mean) and can quickly be labelled a journeyman. There have been questions around his attitude at all of these clubs - would another be likely to take a punt? I'm not convinced.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    That’ll be the Jets and Mariners that he’s pissed off with his antics.
    I think he’s get one more shot with an A league club.
    Sydney too.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Hoolegate?
    Being left out of the squad entirely with allegations of misconduct and a bust up with Okon.

Brisbane, maybe. I couldn't see him at Adelaide.

In the last 4 seasons he has been at 4 clubs (granted 2 were the jets, but you get what I mean) and can quickly be labelled a journeyman. There have been questions around his attitude at all of these clubs - would another be likely to take a punt? I'm not convinced.
    Don't forget in his recent spell with us, we offered him a contract extension.

And that in his first stint with us was player of the year and the club didn't want him to leave.

And the questions about his attitude with us in the recent tenure were under head coach Mark Jones, a dude we probably won't see head coach in the AL again.
    OK

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    And the questions about his attitude with us in the recent tenure were under head coach Mark Jones, a dude we probably won't see head coach in the AL again.
    Questions about his attitude came from anyone who watched him play for 5 mins, particularly if things weren't going his way. I know you've got a hard on for anything that worms it's way south of Swansea but he's done nothing but be on the verge of being decent for 4 years now (is that how long he's been playing in the aleague?).

Don't forget in his recent spell with us, we offered him a contract extension.

And that in his first stint with us was player of the year and the club didn't want him to leave.

But the question about his attitude were also under Graham Arnold, a bloke who is doing quite well as a coach, and now Paul Okon.

Yeah we offered him a contract - i'll give you that. And I will acknowledge he was player of the season but note that was in a Stubbins team that were nothing short of diabolical.

Attitude is the thing - he believes he is a better player than he is. That maybe down to his own self belief or more likely the agent that his him under the thumb.

He refused to sign the same contract Vuj and Johnny K signed because of big dreams pontificated by said agent that soon afterwards turned to dust. We offered him a chance and he spurned it to take a step backwards.

He does not handle pressure well at all and frequently falls apart on the field before your eyes once things go wrong - he falls over his own feet and can't deliver the simplest set pieces. I'm thinking this is a dummy spit in response to Wales getting the set piece gig recently.

Arnie couldn't do anything with him and had he stayed Ernie would have him on the list now as well.

He may get another club but it will be on the cheap and would have to be an experienced coach who will slap him across the chops and tell him to wake up to himself. It would be his last chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    He refused to sign the same contract Vuj and Johnny K signed because of big dreams pontificated by said agent that soon afterwards turned to dust. We offered him a chance and he spurned it to take a step backwards.
    He actually declined the contract Jackson and Ugarkovic signed with a release clause contained within.

That was the sticking point. He didn't want the release clause at the amount it was so the club withdrew the offer.