Page 5 of 70 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Gypos - lolz go in here

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Gypos installl scoreboard at their Centre of "Cough" "Cough" Excellence. Glad to see they spared no expense on it. Now they have a field backing onto a sewerage works carved into the swamp with a cheap arse scoreboard
    Rather poetic that the scoreboard displays how many grand finals they've been to AND how many wins! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by zorse View Post
    Rather poetic that the scoreboard displays how many grand finals they've been to AND how many wins! LOL
    Well done.

Gypos installl scoreboard at their Centre of "Cough" "Cough" Excellence. Glad to see they spared no expense on it. Now they have a field backing onto a sewerage works carved into the swamp with a cheap arse scoreboard
    Is that the camera angle or does that field have a bigger slope to it than West Wallsend's Wembley?

TBH I think the more pressure concern is that their training base has grass on it, while our Stadium where we play our matches doesn't.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Banned

Couple of images I took down there at the recent NYL game

Ground appears reasonably flat with no obvious slopes. Field has only just come together and I believe the NYL game was the first official game played there. Coasties have plans to put in a 2k grandstand(**** knows where the money is coming from I know) There is a bit of space around the area with some bushland that can be bulldozed as their Centre of "Cough Cough" Excellence takes shape

Biggest problem with the joint was it had the smell of shit in the air.

Being on the Gypo Coast not that surprising but I believe that there is some sort of sewerage place not far away.

Banned
    It WAS an unbearable high that lasted several days and ended in a naked, bloodied death.

A Central Coast truck driver, Glenn Punch, 44, and his girlfriend, Rachael Hickel, 42, injected a drug while in the cabin of his truck one afternoon two weeks ago. They thought it would just be some fun.

But two days later, after further doses, they were in a deep psychosis. Suffering unbearable heat, both had shed their clothes. A naked Mr Punch had jumped a barbed wire fence in an industrial area near Newcastle and attacked a security guard before going into cardiac arrest.

He died in Prince of Wales Hospital two days later.

Ms Hickel, who was found with no top on hundreds of metres away, highly agitated and bloodied after falling from the truck, survived the intense high to bury her long-term partner on Friday near their Berkeley Vale home.

But this was not a normal drug overdose. The pair had done nothing illegal.

The culprit was so-called ''bath salts'', a legal synthetic drug that mimics the effects of cocaine and has quietly reached Australia after sparking widespread concern overseas.

The pair had bought a bag of nondescript white powder called ''Smokin' Slurrie'' from the Nauti & Nice adult shop in Rutherford. It was labelled ''not for consumption'' but marketed online and in forums as a legal high.

Mr Punch's death was the first bath salts fatality in Australia but the commander of the state's drug squad, Detective Superintendent Nick Bingham, has since revealed that the mysterious product is ''flying off the shelves'' in adult shops, tobacconists and online, prompting a parliamentary inquiry into the rapidly emerging synthetic drug market.

Manufacturers tweak the composition of the substances so they circumvent illegal drug classifications yet can still trigger many of the same effects of amphetamines. In NSW, the powder has become astonishingly easy to buy and users boast of their exploits online.

''I was up all night and the next day and I had only gone through about .5 grams. Teeth grinding and hard to sleep the next day,'' wrote one forum user.

A new psychoactive drug enters the European market every week, far outpacing efforts to legislate against them, yet no figures on consumption exist in Australia because the substance is so new.

A Brisbane lawyer representing several sellers, Patrick Quinn, said the products were becoming ''huge'', particularly among miners because they were not detected in urine tests.

''There's a lot of money to be made and my clients make no secret about what they do,'' Mr Quinn said. ''The profit margins are incredible and they are intent on selling a legal product.''

Nauti & Nice refused to comment and the distributor of Smokin' Slurrie, who gave his name as Brett, hung up on Fairfax. A woman earlier said he couldn't talk because he was dropping his children at school.

The director of the National Drug Research Institute, Professor Steve Allsop, said authorities needed to take seriously what was happening around the world.

''I think we need to be concerned,'' he said. ''We're not clear on prevalence in Australia because all people have to do is click a couple of buttons and the substance comes through Australia Post, so that makes it hard to detect. It's a new challenge.''

Several synthetic cannabis blends were banned in NSW last year but manufacturers can simply tweak recipes, causing further confusion.

Eight ''families'' of synthetics were scheduled by the Commonwealth but enforcement has to be implemented in state legislation, something a state parliamentary inquiry is exploring. The committee finished hearings two weeks ago and will draft recommendations over Christmas.
    See your ad here

Detective Superintendent Bingham has suggested copying New Zealand, where legislation has placed the onus of proof about safety on the manufacturers. He said Australian sellers were willing to foot the bill for testing, which topped $1 million in New Zealand.

NSW's Young Lawyers group has cautioned the committee against knee-jerk, blanket legislation without proper research.

Yet, poignantly, on the same day Detective Superintendent Bingham gave evidence to the inquiry on the urgent need for action, Mr Punch was rapidly losing his battle in a hospital a few kilometres away.
    Gypos getting high on bath salts

Being on the Gypo Coast not that surprising but I believe that there is some sort of sewerage place not far away.
    I think that place is called "Gosford"...

Gypos getting high on bath salts
    whether or not they are Gypos I don't think it's appropriate to laugh at the death of someone.. Just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by david silva View Post
    whether or not they are Gypos I don't think it's appropriate to laugh at the death of someone.. Just sayin
    no-ones laughing, chill high horse vir-gil.

I still think it's pretty funny...just sayin

High Ho Silva awayyyyyyyyyyyyy
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

They were taking drugs mate

Whether they were gypos or not, if you take drugs you deserve any repercussions that come your way.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

ffs who thinks that injecting this stuff is a good idea...darwinism at it's finest here

I find myself quite often injecting substances marked "NOT FOR CONSUMPTION" into my toes.

Just clumsy I 'spose.

Banned
    -LEAGUE fans will be given an access-all-areas pass into the life of the Central Coast Mariners in a six-part documentary that goes behind the scenes of the club.

The Mariners will announce on Friday that the landmark documentary, entitled The Code: Life with the Mariners, is expected to air on Fox Sports after April.

The series is being created by Onion TV and will have a similar angle to its documentaries on Super Rugby's Waratahs and ANZ Championship netball team Adelaide Thunderbirds, where viewers were given an insight into the daily life of professional athletes.

Camera crews have been following the club since the start of the A-League season in October, and have captured intimate moments, such as scenes from within the dressing rooms and daily training at the Mariners' centre of excellence.
    Advertisement

"This documentary series will be another feather in the cap of the Mariners," club chairman Peter Turnbull said. "We will be the flag bearer for the Hyundai A-League in terms of this type of venture, and will be able to present the competition in the positive way that it deserves."

The players' characters away from the field will also be revealed as several Mariners allow the cameras into their homes and personal lives. Former Sheffield United midfielder Nick Montgomery will become the first player to reveal his life outside of football to the cameras; the focus will be on his experience in Australia. The series will also feature local player Oliver Bozanic and Socceroos duo Tom Rogic and Mat Ryan as well as a host of other players and personalities associated with the club.

Fairfax Media understands that coach Graham Arnold was initially hesitant to allow TV crews to be embedded within the Mariners' ranks but warmed to the idea as the project progressed. When filming began, crews mainly shot from a distance as the players and coaches became more accustomed to their presence. However, last weekend's F3 derby against Newcastle Jets was the first time the crews entered the dressing rooms.

Crews will follow the Mariners closely throughout the remainder of the A-League season as well as travel with the team in the Asian Champions League.

"The Mariners have been very, very open. They have a great understanding of the need for a product like this," Onion TV producer Nick Piper said. "Sure, it takes time to gain the trust of the coaching department and also the players, but I think the culture of the Central Coast Mariners is a fair indication of how they've embraced us. Everyone has been very relaxed and very kind and giving."

The series is funded largely by Central Coast Tourism, which hopes the six-part documentary will promote the region as much as the club.

"The production of this TV series is an opportunity not only for fans to go behind the scenes of the club, but it will highlight the lifestyle and culture of the players nationally, and the area where they choose to live," Central Coast Tourism chief executive Robyne Abernethy said.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/a-league...#ixzz2FAYeamlu
    Should be a barrel load of ammo in this for us!!

Am I the only person on here who thinks it would actually be interesting to watch? I won't go out of my way to do it, but it's always nice to see some life behind the robots that we only see on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    Am I the only person on here who thinks it would actually be interesting to watch?
    Yes.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Yes.
    Should be a right laugh watching the Gypos handing over their loose change to buy their meals at their community kitchen

Not to mention Hutcho doing his weekly Coles canned tuna run.