Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Rd 3 Wellington Phoenix Vs Newcastle Jets 26/10/14 k/off 3:00pm AEDST

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Anyone else noted that we have played the three weakest teams in our first 3 matches for 6 against, 2 for and 1 point. God help us when we meet the Smurfs or Victory. It will be ugly.
    Like **** it will we tend to beat the best teams.

I also don't think come seasons end Wellington will be considered a weak team by many

So ****en typical

Perf away next week ffs
    Quote Originally Posted by benfathers45 View Post
    Mangoes? You should try eating it first before you hate it. I'm sure after you have tasted it, you will love it.

Bet we get flogged next week then get a 2-1 win against Victory the week after.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Stubbins out!
    Not quite yet but FMD he got outcoached today deluxe. We were getting raped in the middle of the park from the get go. As previously mentioned i don't think we even had a formation to change from or to.

Taking big Edson off surprised me. Bloke trying to live of absolute shit service. Perhaps those meant to provide him with half decent service should have been hooked first.

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    Oh dear. I missed the game and just saw the result.

#BringBackGVE
    Go back to the ACT Gaz LOL !
    Last edited by 380; 27-10-2014 at 12:29 AM.

Only just caught the lowlights.

Who was (or perhaps wasn't) playing/pretending as our left back?

Birraz for the forth. Oh my.
    He better train well.

I haven't read too many comments. And I have only watched the highlights but for Burns' second goal does anyone else think that Jaliens gave up chasing the ball too easily. I mean I think he should of instead of stop running go to around to the back of Birighitti incase of the scenario that happened. He was never going to tackle burns, he did what he could but than he handed responsibility to birraz and gave up.

I think he could of saved that goal if he had of kept going and went behind Birighitti for the scraps.

I know the initial problem was made much further up the park.

What the actual ****?
    I mean, we never expect to win in Wello but ffs why do we insist on hoofing the ball up towards our forwards every five seconds in swirling winds - wondering why the ball never find its intended target?
    And Griff & Kew are the only blokes who give a shit, they were all about to slink off down the tunnel until they made the rest of the team come and thank the 8 Newy people who made the effort to travel.

Caravan, great bloke but he finally starts and then can't pass a ball to save his arse. Main culprit for our terrible midfield today, so many mislaid passes.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    What the actual ****?
    I mean, we never expect to win in Wello but ffs why do we insist on hoofing the ball up towards our forwards every five seconds in swirling winds - wondering why the ball never find its intended target?
    And Griff & Kew are the only blokes who give a shit, they were all about to slink off down the tunnel until they made the rest of the team come and thank the 8 Newy people who made the effort to travel.

Caravan, great bloke but he finally starts and then can't pass a ball to save his arse. Main culprit for our terrible midfield today, so many mislaid passes.
    did you see them at the pub before the game? only reason I can think of for such a pathetic performance is that you had them on the cans before the game.

To answer the question before - BK didn't travel because he has an ear issue I believe.

That was a very poor performance, which is an understatement I know. It was really hard watching because we got schooled by a very good midfield and an excellent counter attacking team.

I think we had a number of passengers yesterday. It took me 4 replays to spot where David Carney was for the first goal. He ended up at the top of the box and I have no reason why he was there. Carney is a real problem for me and I'm unsure if he is under instruction or if he's doing It himself but he's always 10-20m further upfield than Neville and I rarely see him doing his defensive duties. Bringing on Gallaway introduced a left back for us because Carney was continuously in the attacking third.

Flores really did nothing yesterday. We looked far more threatening, and Edson had greater service, when Griffiths played behind him. We also looked much stronger in midfield with Regan in there. Celeski can't come back soon enough.

Credit to Pepper, Griffiths and Jaliens yesterday. They ran their asses off.

Re: Birrighitti, the first and third goal wasn't his fault and the second was simply unlucky. He made a very brave save diving at the feet of Burns and I was giving him a point in my MoM until the last goal - that was a very poor effort. Those who have been at the game - how vocal is he?

Anyway, Stubbins certainly got done over yesterday. Those calling for GvE to come back I hope you're taking the piss. And I know someone was wanting a new untried coach and not the same old dross - well we have one. Let's give him some time. I certainly think he'll learn from this for the next game - but we have a big challenge against Perth next weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Carney is a real problem for me and I'm unsure if he is under instruction or if he's doing It himself but he's always 10-20m further upfield than Neville and I rarely see him doing his defensive duties. Bringing on Gallaway introduced a left back for us because Carney was continuously in the attacking third.
    I think they are under instruction, Carney (and to a lesser extent Neville) are very quick to move forward when we have the ball, no doubt to release Griff and Hoole further up the park.

That left us with two at the back, and no one busting their arse to cover in defence when we lost the ball. I don't even think it was us trying to hold a high line, just the wide backs trying to get involved in the attack too quick too often. We look completely without structure on the park, so often it just looked like a random splattering of players whether we had the ball or not.

My belief is we really do have the players this season. But in preseason it was evident we were being overrun in the mids and nothing has changed to address this.

The midfield is the problem for me. Not the players, but the formation, or lack of.

on the plus side i dont think we can possibly play any worse than that!!!
    basic basic errors
    watching a NPL team against a league side in the ffa cup put up more of a fight

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    To answer the question before - BK didn't travel because he has an ear issue I believe.

That was a very poor performance, which is an understatement I know. It was really hard watching because we got schooled by a very good midfield and an excellent counter attacking team.

I think we had a number of passengers yesterday. It took me 4 replays to spot where David Carney was for the first goal. He ended up at the top of the box and I have no reason why he was there. Carney is a real problem for me and I'm unsure if he is under instruction or if he's doing It himself but he's always 10-20m further upfield than Neville and I rarely see him doing his defensive duties. Bringing on Gallaway introduced a left back for us because Carney was continuously in the attacking third.

Flores really did nothing yesterday. We looked far more threatening, and Edson had greater service, when Griffiths played behind him. We also looked much stronger in midfield with Regan in there. Celeski can't come back soon enough.

Credit to Pepper, Griffiths and Jaliens yesterday. They ran their asses off.

Re: Birrighitti, the first and third goal wasn't his fault and the second was simply unlucky. He made a very brave save diving at the feet of Burns and I was giving him a point in my MoM until the last goal - that was a very poor effort. Those who have been at the game - how vocal is he?

Anyway, Stubbins certainly got done over yesterday. Those calling for GvE to come back I hope you're taking the piss. And I know someone was wanting a new untried coach and not the same old dross - well we have one. Let's give him some time. I certainly think he'll learn from this for the next game - but we have a big challenge against Perth next weekend.
    Good Post

I honestly couldn't give a **** we got beaten and we got flogged.

What interests me now is the response from Stubbins and the team.

Are these blokes gonna put their shoulder to the wheel and dig in and fight for their fans and for Newy and turn it around in the next few weeks and rest of the season or are they gonna surrender??

PS As for Carney's positioning one time in the first half we had the ball on half way and had Phoenix pushed back in their half and Carney was in the right back spot and on the ball??

WTF is going on to be so ****ed up

That game yesterday was surely as bad as it can get.

I think it's been mentioned on here by those that love Griff that maybe he, Pepper and Kew can hold their heads high I tend to agree mostly, but kinda feel a bit for Birra too. There was bugger all structure in front of him and yes, he could have done better for the 4th. I'll get to Caravella later.

On Kew - obviously a class player and does appear to continue to put in a shift regardless of how the game is panning out. However, as a leader and as a captain he needs to take more responsibility for those in his backline. He needs to be constantly communicating with them and reeling them in. Blind Freddy can see we over-commit too often. Sure let the wide fullbacks push whilst the DM cover is there. If that cover isn't set the fullbacks simply don't go. It's quite simple really. Kew should be able to see all that and direct accordingly.

I'm happy to be shot down here but Caravella doesn't deserve some of this criticism. He works his socks off to cover those around him and generally tries to be an option wherever possible and likewise he tries to keep the ball moving. There are a few that could do with being slated before him I think..... (can't defend him for last weeks miss)

Totally outplayed, there passing game was spot on. Our backs were f*#king always out of position.
    Yes we should have been awarded that dot shot but all in all bloody bad performance...

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    I think they are under instruction, Carney (and to a lesser extent Neville) are very quick to move forward when we have the ball, no doubt to release Griff and Hoole further up the park.

That left us with two at the back, and no one busting their arse to cover in defence when we lost the ball. I don't even think it was us trying to hold a high line, just the wide backs trying to get involved in the attack too quick too often. We look completely without structure on the park, so often it just looked like a random splattering of players whether we had the ball or not.

My belief is we really do have the players this season. But in preseason it was evident we were being overrun in the mids and nothing has changed to address this.

The midfield is the problem for me. Not the players, but the formation, or lack of.
    more like 1. Gallagher did nothing all game

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbelong@jesmondpark View Post
    That game yesterday was surely as bad as it can get.

I think it's been mentioned on here by those that love Griff that maybe he, Pepper and Kew can hold their heads high I tend to agree mostly, but kinda feel a bit for Birra too. There was bugger all structure in front of him and yes, he could have done better for the 4th. I'll get to Caravella later.

On Kew - obviously a class player and does appear to continue to put in a shift regardless of how the game is panning out. However, as a leader and as a captain he needs to take more responsibility for those in his backline. He needs to be constantly communicating with them and reeling them in. Blind Freddy can see we over-commit too often. Sure let the wide fullbacks push whilst the DM cover is there. If that cover isn't set the fullbacks simply don't go. It's quite simple really. Kew should be able to see all that and direct accordingly.

I'm happy to be shot down here but Caravella doesn't deserve some of this criticism. He works his socks off to cover those around him and generally tries to be an option wherever possible and likewise he tries to keep the ball moving. There are a few that could do with being slated before him I think..... (can't defend him for last weeks miss)
    My issue with Zenon was not his work rate. The issue was his constant turnovers when we needed to keep possession.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Problem was, who was Caravella supposed to give the ball to? Our shape was horrendous and we rarely had players in position to receive a ball or give options.

Yes he gave the ball away, but the rest of the team didn't give him many options.

Needs to be more gallaway hate on here, its died down to an unacceptable level. He is pure gash.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    Problem was, who was Caravella supposed to give the ball to? Our shape was horrendous and we rarely had players in position to receive a ball or give options.

Yes he gave the ball away, but the rest of the team didn't give him many options.
    Maybe if caravella released the ball
    a forward
    b quickly

a lot of his issues would be resolved.

The problem is he needs to take 8 touches before passing the thing. Of course then his options are less and to be perfectly fair he is the greatest contributor to his downfall