Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rd 4 Perth Glory Vs Newcastle Jets 01/11/14 k/off 7:30pm AEDST

Quote Originally Posted by outsider View Post
    Ben is back-referee Ben Williams
    Optimism gone. I'll update stats tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by outsider View Post
    Ben is back-referee Ben Williams

We're screwed

Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    We're screwed
    we already were, lol.

Banned
    When is that **** of a ref gonna ref a game in Newy again??

I have a few more choice words to give him for a little matter I have not forgotten about last time I seen him ref the Jets. I gave him heaps in Brazil when i seen him but I have not yet finished

Newcastle Jets squad: 1.Mark BIRIGHITTI (GK), 2.Scott NEVILLE, 3.Taylor REGAN, 4.Kew JALIENS (c), 5.Ben KANTAROVSKI, 7.Jeronimo NEUMANN, 8.Zenon CARAVELLA, 9.Joel GRIFFITHS, 10.Marcos FLORES, 11.Andrew HOOLE, 12.Sam GALLAGHER, 13.Edson MONTANO, 16.Jacob PEPPER, 17.James VIRGILI, 18.Allan WELSH, 20.Ben KENNEDY (GK), 21.Sam GALLAWAY, 23.David CARNEY
    ***two to be omitted***

Ins: 5.Ben KANTAROVSKI (promoted), 18. Allan WELSH (promoted), 20.Ben KENNEDY (GK) (returns from illness).

Outs: 30.John SOLARI (GK)

Unavailable: 6.Adrian MADASCHI (calf – 1 week), 14.Billy CELESKI (groin – 3-5 weeks), 15.Josh BARRESI (knee – season), 19.Mitch COOPER (knee – 3-5 weeks), 22. Jonny STEELE (calf – 1 week).

Read more at http://www.newcastlejets.com.au/arti...hMcWouTYq0o.99
    So Steele has an injury now

Perth by at least three goals.

OK, a few of these are maybe a bit of a stretch to draw conclusions from, however I've included them for interest anyway.

THE REFEREE: – Ben Williams
    • The W-D-L record under Ben Williams is 5-3-16. Away from home it is 1-2-11.
    • All 3 Perth v Jets fixtures Williams has refereed have been in Perth and all were victories to Perth. The results were 0-4, 0-2 and 0-3. Two penalties were awarded to Perth in this time.
    • Williams has awarded the Jets 2 penalties and 5 to the opposition.
    • A total of 6 Jets players have been dismissed by Williams. The last was Joel Griffiths on his return to the Jets against Western Sydney Wanderers last year. He has only dismissed 2 opposition players in Jets fixtures.
    • Williams has handed out 46 yellow cards for the Jets, at an average of 1.91 per match, while he has booked opposition players 35 times at an average of 1.46 per match.
    • Williams hasn’t booked a Jets player in the last two matches he has officiated.
    • The average goals scored by the Jets and the opposition in matches which Williams officiate are 0.79 for the Jets and 2.1 for the opposition. This has included a run of 7 matches without a clean sheet.
    • In saying that, the Jets have only ever kept 2 clean sheets. Both kept by Ben Kennedy.
    • Danny Vukovic has only conceded 1 goal against the Jets in 6 matches officiated by Williams.

One last point – Danny Gypobitch is currently on a streak of 225 minutes without conceding a goal against the Jets
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Jets v Glory Trivia:
    1. Adam, Joel or Ryan – Who has the most bookings, and how many have they had, in this fixture?

3. Who has scored the fastest goal in this fixture?
    Answers for those not already answered

1. Adam with 3. Ryan has 2 and Joel 1

3. Tiago Calvano in the 6th minute

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    OK, a few of these are maybe a bit of a stretch to draw conclusions from, however I've included them for interest anyway.

THE REFEREE: – Ben Williams
    • The W-D-L record under Ben Williams is 5-3-16. Away from home it is 1-2-11.
    • All 3 Perth v Jets fixtures Williams has refereed have been in Perth and all were victories to Perth. The results were 0-4, 0-2 and 0-3. Two penalties were awarded to Perth in this time.
    • Williams has awarded the Jets 2 penalties and 5 to the opposition.
    • A total of 6 Jets players have been dismissed by Williams. The last was Joel Griffiths on his return to the Jets against Western Sydney Wanderers last year. He has only dismissed 2 opposition players in Jets fixtures.
    • Williams has handed out 46 yellow cards for the Jets, at an average of 1.91 per match, while he has booked opposition players 35 times at an average of 1.46 per match.
    • Williams hasn’t booked a Jets player in the last two matches he has officiated.
    • The average goals scored by the Jets and the opposition in matches which Williams officiate are 0.79 for the Jets and 2.1 for the opposition. This has included a run of 7 matches without a clean sheet.
    • In saying that, the Jets have only ever kept 2 clean sheets. Both kept by Ben Kennedy.
    • Danny Vukovic has only conceded 1 goal against the Jets in 6 matches officiated by Williams.

One last point – Danny Gypobitch is currently on a streak of 225 minutes without conceding a goal against the Jets
    Out of curiosity when was the last time we won with this clown???

Am I right in thinking it was the F3 Derby when Zads tried snapping Roses legs 17 seconds in???

How many games we gone since our last win and what is the streak like with him in charge???

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Out of curiosity when was the last time we won with this clown???

Am I right in thinking it was the F3 Derby when Zads tried snapping Roses legs 17 seconds in???

How many games we gone since our last win and what is the streak like with him in charge???
    Yes it was that one. Why do you need me here with a memory like that!?!?! ha ha!

Our last result was a draw with WSW. The last 5, from most recent, have been DLLDL. We've scored 3 goals and had 3 clean sheets kept against us.

Longest streak was 4 losses which has occurred twice. We had Williams a lot during season 5 - 8 matches in fact. We won once. Never won or drawn more than 1 game with him in a row.

Basically, with him in charge, over in Perth, it will be one of the best victories the club has had if they pull it off.

To be fair, we tend to do alright after a bit of a touch-up. When the opposition put 4 or more past us we generally draw the next match.

i always laugh when people worry about the "last time we won under referee X". we're perfectly capable of putting in a pathetic performance all by ourselves. we don't need assistance from the ref.

Flores and Neville rested..

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    That I don't get? FFS rested for what?
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Answers for those not already answered

1. Adam with 3. Ryan has 2 and Joel 1

3. Tiago Calvano in the 6th minute
    Curse you, I only just got around to this thread and was going to answer these.

Although to be fair, I would have guessed Joel for Q1 and a Perth player for Q3
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Umm....ok. I wonder why? I suppose both players are coming off knee injuries.

What is the line up going to look like then? Anyone reckon a 3-5-2 formation? retain 4-2-3-1? I hope Pepper isn't force to right back because he has been excellent in the middle of the park.

-------------birraz---------------

AH------KJ-----SG----------SG

---------ZC---------JP--------

JN---------JG-------------DC

-----------EM---------------

BK, TR, BK, JV, ?

Oh goody, just what we need, Gallaway starting!

**** this, won't be watching.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

What is the line up going to look like then? Anyone reckon a 3-5-2 formation? retain 4-2-3-1? I hope Pepper isn't force to right back because he has been excellent in the middle of the park.

BK, TR, BK, JV, ?
    Is that Diego Costa on the left wing?
    .... all hope restored.

BK, TR, BK, JV, ?
    Didn't we mess with a 3-5-2 in pre-season?

Anything that keeps Gallaway out of the side is good for me.

MBK

TR - KJ - SG

BK

AH - ZC - JP - DC

JG - EM

Didn't we mess with a 3-5-2 in pre-season?

Anything that keeps Gallaway out of the side is good for me.

MBK

TR - KJ - SG

BK

AH - ZC - JP - DC

JG - EM
    Yeah we did. There was talk earlier in the week hinting Jeronimo may start. You reckon him ahead of Edson? I don't think Edson deserves to be dropped.

Yeah we did. There was talk earlier in the week hinting Jeronimo may start. You reckon him ahead of Edson? I don't think Edson deserves to be dropped.
    No, I reckon EM ahead of JN... thats why I put EM in the line up