Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Rd 5 Newcastle Jets Vs Melbourne Victory 08/11/14 k/off 5:00pm AEDST

I thought Carney did well in attack and we seemed more enterprising down the left. My only concern is that he doesn't track back fast enough which, if your left back is that WOFTAM Galloway, is a recipe for disaster.

When the Roundabout goes forward quickly he is value. I noticed yesterday that for a small bloke he wins a lot of tackles and rides their tackles quite well. He needs to be quicker going forward and needs options to be available.

Gallagher, Galloway and Walsh to slow on the ball. Will give Walsh and Gallagher time to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    There are more fans in the stadium than Bay 60.
    Couldn't agree more. 4 sides around the playing field so fans are everywhere.

My thoughts:

This formation sucks.
    Montano although worked very hard, was isolated for the whole game. I'm not sure if he should've been man of the match. How many shots on target did he have? Griff running off the big man could be quite effective.

Carney was rubbish. I agree with Plague that we may expect too much from him. This bloke couldn't hold down a regular spot at any club. 7 clubs in 5 years.

Caravella and Kanta were okay without providing any great attacking threats. Sitting very deep.
    Welsh - okay without being good enough - yet.

Kew & Taylor are forming a quite decent partnership. Nev was pretty okay. Gallagher hasn't impressed me.

Once again we lost a lead.

Stubs forced to play grif on the right to accomodate montano...

Probably because the Ffa want every coach to play a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1
    Creating Robots...
    Get Grif up Top...

Another point

The team hates each other... Johnny Steele at Sawyers boozing up during the game... Birraz rocks up bagging out Kanta for getting the 3 points..way to talk about a team mate... Then didn't even care who could hair was just talking to chicks.
    Gallaway is shit yet turns up like he is the boss... They don't care....

Think of the good times when Durante and grif even stu all the boys would hang together and be tight nit...
    They all have there seperate congregations...

Telling you...
    Middleby
    Barrtzz
    Have to go... And a culture has to be created... Much like wsw or victory...

Couldn't give to shits they aren't mates.
    They aren't getting paid to be mates, they're getting paid to play football together end off.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Get over yourself, this is the attitude of why people stay away from bay 60. The attitude that you believe you're better fans so the players should celebrate in front of you piss off and keep playing with your member.

Couldn't give to shits they aren't mates.
    They aren't getting paid to be mates, they're getting paid to play football together end off.
    How can you create a good culture?

Quote Originally Posted by Allimpic View Post
    How can you create a good culture?
    By winning
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Get over yourself, this is the attitude of why people stay away from bay 60. The attitude that you believe you're better fans so the players should celebrate in front of you piss off and keep playing with your member.
    Please don't think mfks speaks for bay60.
    I didn't even see him in 60 yesterday, and the attitude you mention certainly isn't present amongst the 20-30 blokes I stand with.

And before he logs on and argues semantics, he didn't mention bay60 or the expectation that Kew or griff should go to that bay to celebrate.

Please don't tar bay60 with "they think they're better fans" brush. I'm not sure it was ever a fair accusation (though I recognise enough from outside the bay feel this way, so it must in someway be a reality) but is far less so now.

20-30 might actually be 10-15
    Last edited by GazFish35; 09-11-2014 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Please don't think mfks speaks for bay60.
    I didn't even see him in 60 yesterday, and the attitude you mention certainly isn't present amongst the 20-30 blokes I stand with.

And before he logs on and argues semantics, he didn't mention bay60 or the expectation that Kew or griff should go to that bay to celebrate.

Please don't tar bay60 with "they think they're better fans" brush. I'm not sure it was ever a fair accusation (though I recognise enough from outside the bay feel this way, so it must in someway be a reality) but is far less so now.

20-30 might actually be 10-15
    Apologies for that gaz I do see all the hard work you guys put in to be more inclusive.

I did assume MFKS was talking about bay 60, altough comparing the 2 different celebration my assumbtion seems to be correct. With comments like MFKS it gives off the mantra that he feels superior to all the other fans and when he uses collective nouns it's easy to make the connection I did.

Once again I apologies for putting the squadron in that collective and would use this chance to comend all of you on the efforts you put in week in week out.
    Last edited by Premy; 09-11-2014 at 11:31 AM.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Just rewind then Kew going towards Eastern stand and everybody happy......
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Apologies for that gaz I do see all the hard work you guys put in to be more inclusive.

I did assume MFKS was talking about bay 60, altough comparing the 2 different celebration my assumbtion seems to be correct. With comments like MFKS it gives off the mantra that he feels superior to all the other fans and when he uses collective nouns it's easy to make the connection I did.

Once again I apologies for putting the squadron in that collective and would use this chance to comend all of you on the efforts you put in week in week out.
    All sweet premy!

I think griff only ran towards bay60 as a few of us had bumped into him earlier in the day.

something we need to talk about is the poor training of the children at the MFKS School for Ball Boys and Girls.

twice late it the second half Melbourne were on a quick break and counter with our lads booting it into the stands only to see one of our own newy ballboys firing it into the hands of your archie Thompsons ricky-tick etc without even dropping the ball, pretending not to hear, holding onto it or even partaking in any kind of skullduggery and packing the pressure on our already puffed out defense

sort it out member ffs

Don't know what the Member is banging on about. Berisha went over to Bay 60 to celebrate.
    I thought Kew gave a few large ones to the blokes in that corner terrace (who were making a good noise considering there didn't look too many of them).
    I love that Griff always goes to bay 60. I love love love that Griff makes blokes go to the travelling fans on away days.
    Other than that blokes can go meditate in the centre circle for all I care as long as they score ****ern.

Flores used to float past defenders. Now he moves like he has a house brick tied to each boot.

From a guy that was once the best in the league to someone that probably isn't good enough to start for the Jets,the poor bloke must be doing it tough.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Flores used to float past defenders. Now he moves like he has a house brick tied to each boot.

From a guy that was once the best in the league to someone that probably isn't good enough to start for the Jets,the poor bloke must be doing it tough.
    He looks (to me) like someone who is carrying a back injury. He just looks uncomfortable, and as Dunster said moves like he's got bricks for boots.

I was not out at cricket and won a game of pool at the wackers aye.

Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post
    Did anyone notice everytime Carney was in a decent shooting position he took far too long to shoot meaning his chances were lost
    Carney in the box is a disaster. at the back, can get caught out. everywhere else, pretty good for mine.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Carney in the box is a disaster. at the back, can get caught out. everywhere else, pretty good for mine.
    Takes an eternity when the ball comes across his body. I agree about in the box and at the back rubbish. Needs to stay wider sometimes and whip more balls in for monty and griff.

We were very risk averse yesterday. Our first instinct is to play back, which has come from years and years under GvE and to an extent Branko. It's ruined a number of our current crop and will still happen with his involvement in the youth system. couple withis with tediously slow ball movement and it's no wonder we struggle to create anything. The few one-two touches between Griff and Montano tells me a) these blokes know what they're doing and b) there is something of a partnership there.

Where was Pepper yesterday? He is one of the few who hasn't deserved to be dropped.

I agree with all those calling for the diamond formation. Joel is wasted out right.

Also Montano is a beast - Heskey but with more pace and the ability to beat a player.

Kanta did a really good job hanging off Finkler for the majority of the match.

Strebre and his assistants were pretty ordinary yesterday. Strebre blew for everything so no momentum could be gained, and the Western stand linesman was terrible. The number of times Thompson or Barbarouses were offside and he missed it because he wasn't watching or was 10m behind the play was terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles