Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jonny Steele

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Why would a personal issue be made public?
    Rather than being about "hiding" something, maybe it's about respecting the player's privacy.

I took some leave last year as a matter of fact. The reasons for it were private, and the only person at work who knew the reason was the boss. My close work colleagues, even my direct supervisor still don't know why I had a week off in February last year. I asked her not to tell anyone why I was away, she respected that. If she'd blabbed to all at a staff meeting, or told the media, I'd most likely never have wanted to return and the boss would soon be known as one who didn't show her workers any respect.

Can't see the difference here tbh. steele asked for some time, Stubbins said yes, and has asked for everyone to respect the player's privacy as it was a personal issue.

Would you rather the club go down the politically incorrect route and divulge to all the reason why he's taken time off and end up being known as a club who disrespect their players?

the assumption that this suggest steele is weak of character and can't cope....FFS, at least start down the path of character assassination when some facts are known..... Or we know a little more about this bloke's character, he's really only just arrived. Who knows what the hell he's dealing with? Nothing else has been made public.

But hey, let's prove Adelaide isn't the only pissant town in this league. Let's all assume the worst of everyone 'eh, bag the shit out of our players before knowing all the facts and scream blue murder when the club try an deal with what appears to be a tricky situation with a little bit of decorum and respect for the player.
    Newcastle! What a great club/city/fan base for great players to come play for. No wonder we struggle to get anything more than "other teams rejects" to sign on for us.

I'm not advocating we don't hold the players or the club to account when things go wrong, far from it, but with zero facts known, zero negative assumptions should made IMO.
    +1bravo

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Do u really believe it's Personal Issue..... Sounds to me if it really was then it would be made public, a case of nothing to hide
    Could be an illness but more probably discipline. hasnt really shown enough if we are to retain a trouble maker.
    Might wait n see to what the real reason is.

Should have known from all those tats that this would end badly... clearly he wasn't stainless Steele.

Shit tats.
    1 step closer to the spoon, with or without him.

Move on....

Rather than being about "hiding" something, maybe it's about respecting the player's privacy.

I took some leave last year as a matter of fact. The reasons for it were private, and the only person at work who knew the reason was the boss. My close work colleagues, even my direct supervisor still don't know why I had a week off in February last year. I asked her not to tell anyone why I was away, she respected that. If she'd blabbed to all at a staff meeting, or told the media, I'd most likely never have wanted to return and the boss would soon be known as one who didn't show her workers any respect.

Can't see the difference here tbh. steele asked for some time, Stubbins said yes, and has asked for everyone to respect the player's privacy as it was a personal issue.

Would you rather the club go down the politically incorrect route and divulge to all the reason why he's taken time off and end up being known as a club who disrespect their players?

the assumption that this suggest steele is weak of character and can't cope....FFS, at least start down the path of character assassination when some facts are known..... Or we know a little more about this bloke's character, he's really only just arrived. Who knows what the hell he's dealing with? Nothing else has been made public.

But hey, let's prove Adelaide isn't the only pissant town in this league. Let's all assume the worst of everyone 'eh, bag the shit out of our players before knowing all the facts and scream blue murder when the club try an deal with what appears to be a tricky situation with a little bit of decorum and respect for the player.
    Newcastle! What a great club/city/fan base for great players to come play for. No wonder we struggle to get anything more than "other teams rejects" to sign on for us.

I'm not advocating we don't hold the players or the club to account when things go wrong, far from it, but with zero facts known, zero negative assumptions should made IMO.
    Well said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by mervan View Post
    You sound like the club
    And you sound like you should be on the Herald forum or the Jets facebook pages.

How about you tell us why the jets should release the information instead of simply bagging out everyone who disagrees with your opinion. Create a discussion and help us understand your point of view.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

My issue with this is that the club continue to keep the fans mis informed and in the dark over most issues. They did the same with the knights.

Surely the truth with this one won't take too long.

Banned

The issue here is less so what exactly is the reason behind the absence of Johnny Steele but more in the way the matter is being handled by the club and the lack of honesty or at the minimum a consistent story.

The situation where one week he is left out as he isn't putting in at training next week he has a minor injury and now this week he has been given indefinite leave for unknown issues is the issue.

Most people can see there is an issue here and the clubs handling of it is amateur at best. Hell I could even handle them lying to us about what is going on but at least provide a solid story and stop changing it 3 weeks running to explain away the absence of a player.

The club should be providing answers to their 9-10k of members and fans as to what is going on. I do not buy this bullshit that they have to say absolutely nothing at all for privacy of the player. A competent organisation can still provide a solid answer as to why the player is missing with out going into specifics of the players personal situation and can keep the real issues quiet.

The terms that could be used are "family matter". Useful description as it gets people off his case as this actually can cover a wide variety of issues and people will back off.

Actually the club are probably doing the bloke more harm by the shoddy way they are handling it and not giving a suitable answer to get people off the subject.

The actual reason people are making assumptions here is down to the shitful public relations offered up by those at the club but considering that most of them have no ****ing idea on running a chook raffle anyway that is hardly surprising

Should have known from all those tats that this would end badly... clearly he wasn't stainless Steele.
    i'll give it a 5 out of 10. I did groan slightly, but there was no eye roll or chuckle. must try harder grim. Adelaide must be dulling your edge.

Quote Originally Posted by mervan View Post
    Surely the truth with this one won't take too long.
    That I agree with you on. I think we'll see a resolution to this one way or another.

How's Ryan Griffiths doing overseas? Anyone know?

Steele most likely left because he didn't want to be on a sinking ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    That I agree with you on. I think we'll see a resolution to this one way or another.

How's Ryan Griffiths doing overseas? Anyone know?
    F*** him. Tried to get Griff to move to Malaysia end of last season, as well as not being loyal (ie signed for the pissants then bailed 3 games later to go to Malaysia)
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    F*** him. Tried to get Griff to move to Malaysia end of last season, as well as not being loyal (ie signed for the pissants then bailed 3 games later to go to Malaysia)
    True - short memory.

If, and it's a big if, Steele goes we should look at the left fullback position. That's where I think our most pressing need for a player is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post
    what exactly did u hear?
    That GVE Pinto'd Ox, in a sense. Basically destroyed the kid mentally.

Same happened to Goodwin.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    i'll give it a 5 out of 10. I did groan slightly, but there was no eye roll or chuckle. must try harder grim. Adelaide must be dulling your edge.
    Sorry

I thought he might have been the reason Biraz was so shit on crosses. You would have to think without a Jonny, you would catch something when you let the opposition penetrate your box so often.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    That GVE Pinto'd Ox, in a sense. Basically destroyed the kid mentally.

Same happened to Goodwin.
    I heard the same about Goodwin from a reliable source.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    The issue here is less so what exactly is the reason behind the absence of Johnny Steele but more in the way the matter is being handled by the club and the lack of honesty or at the minimum a consistent story.

The situation where one week he is left out as he isn't putting in at training next week he has a minor injury and now this week he has been given indefinite leave for unknown issues is the issue.

Most people can see there is an issue here and the clubs handling of it is amateur at best. Hell I could even handle them lying to us about what is going on but at least provide a solid story and stop changing it 3 weeks running to explain away the absence of a player.

The club should be providing answers to their 9-10k of members and fans as to what is going on. I do not buy this bullshit that they have to say absolutely nothing at all for privacy of the player. A competent organisation can still provide a solid answer as to why the player is missing with out going into specifics of the players personal situation and can keep the real issues quiet.

The terms that could be used are "family matter". Useful description as it gets people off his case as this actually can cover a wide variety of issues and people will back off.

Actually the club are probably doing the bloke more harm by the shoddy way they are handling it and not giving a suitable answer to get people off the subject.

The actual reason people are making assumptions here is down to the shitful public relations offered up by those at the club but considering that most of them have no ****ing idea on running a chook raffle anyway that is hardly surprising
    Surely the reasons behind his absence (or at least what he tells the club) dictate how the club react? Perhaps the most suitable answer to stop the small town scrutiny has been given, then the actions of the player escalate the situation. who knows?

I suppose it all depends on when in the timeline of this sitaution people believe the club started bending the truth. if at all.

"I want the truth!" ...... "you cant handle the truth"

maybe having the truth of the situation in the public domain is not the best solution for the player or more importantly the club, in the long term.

I'm not suggesting we don't just swallow whatever spin the club put out, but the pitchforks and paraffin torches don't need to come out so early.
    Last edited by GazFish35; 07-11-2014 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I heard the same about Goodwin from a reliable source.
    I have heard the same from an even more reliable source than yours, I reckon.

I have heard the same from an even more reliable source than yours, I reckon.
    Goodwin himself I take it

Jets missed a massive marketing opportunity to put him and Luke Remington in centre mids together.
    Would have brought Pierce Brosnan fans from around the globe out here to witness it.

Once again the Jets fail to think outside the box.