Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Attn: Jeterpool aka statto

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    There's A4 size ones, and the banner at the FFA cup game v Perth was made with larger versions.
    If you wanna go big, you can use them too.
    I haven't been in to pick them up. I was told that you are missing a few characters apparently

Banned
    Also Mr Statman am I right that in Stabbins reign of disaster and what a reign of disaster it has been the longest losing streak for this muppet stands at a whopping 2???

Surely that is a ****ing anomaly???

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    ....muppet stands at a whopping 2???
    WSW (A)-Adelaide (H) -Victory (A) -Perth (H)-FC (H) -Brisbane (A)........I think fair to call him Mr 1 in 27
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Also Mr Statman am I right that in Stabbins reign of disaster and what a reign of disaster it has been the longest losing streak for this muppet stands at a whopping 2???

Surely that is a ****ing anomaly???
    I'm sorry member but I don't know what you're asking. I need more punctuation than 3 question marks
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    WSW (A)-Adelaide (H) -Victory (A) -Perth (H)-FC (H) -Brisbane (A)........I think fair to call him Mr 1 in 27
    It just worries me that one of our opponents may see the juicy odds the Jets are paying and put some bets on and go easy one day

OK, so I've been thinking, are we really a thug team or are we getting a raw deal from the referees with regards to yellow cards. As it stands after 22 matches, a Jets player has been booked on 57 occasions while only 16 opposition players have received a booking. That to me seems heavily slanted but I will note for the purpose of this I will be looking at simply numbers and not the nature of each foul or discretion.

Now it's more likely that a player will receive a booking while the team are defending, not attacking, which is something we have been doing a lot of this season. Unfortunately I don't have the figures to use this data, but it's just a theory.

I decided to look at fouls drawn and committed by the teams. Jets players have been fouled approximately 283 times this season, while a Jets player has fouled an opposing player 336 times. If we are looking at frequencies, a Jets player is getting booked approximately once every 6 challenges while the opposition are booked once approximately every 11 challenges.

So maybe the opposition are spreading the challenges around? Not the case, the Jets have had 174 "players" commit fouls, while 167 opposition players have committed fouls.

And how many “warnings” should the players get? I thought after a players 4th foul it would be enough for a booking for “incessant fouling”. Of the 10 opposition players who committed 4 or more fouls, only 3 received a booking. Similarly of the 20 Jets players with 4 or more fouls, 11 received a booking.

What can’t be measured by the analysis is, as I mentioned earlier, how bad the challenge was which earned a booking. Nor can the reason for it – I don’t have that information. But just looking at the data what’s obvious is that despite a minor to moderate difference in the number of fouls committed, the Jets may be getting a raw deal. But then it’s always been like that. We’ve always received more cards than the opposition but I’m really starting to wonder why. Are we thugs or are we getting a raw deal? Happy for people’s thoughts.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Banned
    No conspiracy theory but I am of the opinion we get the rough end of the stick.

Last weekend we had a WSW player do a deliberate handball. Got picked up for a FK no yellow. We did it guaranteed yellow.
    We also had a bloke try and swap shirts with Montano who was running away from him. Was quite excessive shirt pulling. Ref played advantage no yellow though

V Gypos Rd 1 we had 4-5 bookings for minor matters where blokes made 1-2 fouls Montgomery made 4-5 yet no card.

We have had quite a few instances where we have been booked delaying a FK by standing over the ball. Our opponents do it and no action.

Even little things opponents allowed to take quick free kicks from off the spot yet we are made to bring it back and move it 2 yards

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    OK, so I've been thinking, are we really a thug team or are we getting a raw deal from the referees with regards to yellow cards. As it stands after 22 matches, a Jets player has been booked on 57 occasions while only 16 opposition players have received a booking. That to me seems heavily slanted but I will note for the purpose of this I will be looking at simply numbers and not the nature of each foul or discretion.

Now it's more likely that a player will receive a booking while the team are defending, not attacking, which is something we have been doing a lot of this season. Unfortunately I don't have the figures to use this data, but it's just a theory.

I decided to look at fouls drawn and committed by the teams. Jets players have been fouled approximately 283 times this season, while a Jets player has fouled an opposing player 336 times. If we are looking at frequencies, a Jets player is getting booked approximately once every 6 challenges while the opposition are booked once approximately every 11 challenges.

So maybe the opposition are spreading the challenges around? Not the case, the Jets have had 174 "players" commit fouls, while 167 opposition players have committed fouls.

And how many “warnings” should the players get? I thought after a players 4th foul it would be enough for a booking for “incessant fouling”. Of the 10 opposition players who committed 4 or more fouls, only 3 received a booking. Similarly of the 20 Jets players with 4 or more fouls, 11 received a booking.

What can’t be measured by the analysis is, as I mentioned earlier, how bad the challenge was which earned a booking. Nor can the reason for it – I don’t have that information. But just looking at the data what’s obvious is that despite a minor to moderate difference in the number of fouls committed, the Jets may be getting a raw deal. But then it’s always been like that. We’ve always received more cards than the opposition but I’m really starting to wonder why. Are we thugs or are we getting a raw deal? Happy for people’s thoughts.
    There are some alarming stats there Jeterpool, well done for bringing them to light.
    I'm not one to blame refs but even last season in many matches the refs seemed to be quick to give yellows out to our players but opposition players were spared for similar offences. Going by your stats we are averaging 2.6 yellows per game while the opposition only 0.7!!!
    I don't know what it is but I don't think we are overly thuggish as compared to other sides....maybe there is something a bit more "sinister" going on behind the scenes between the FFA and the refs!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    There are some alarming stats there Jeterpool, well done for bringing them to light.
    I'm not one to blame refs but even last season in many matches the refs seemed to be quick to give yellows out to our players but opposition players were spared for similar offences. Going by your stats we are averaging 2.6 yellows per game while the opposition only 0.7!!!
    I don't know what it is but I don't think we are overly thuggish as compared to other sides....maybe there is something a bit more "sinister" going on behind the scenes between the FFA and the refs!!!
    Thanks Stopper2. I've got the past season stats too. I'll calculate them as well.

This isn't meant to be an attack on Regan necessarily but IMO most of his challenges which are called a foul are worthy of a yellow. He's extremely rash, to the point of dumb, with some of his challenges. I'm surprised he hasn't been suspended yet - probably helps that he hasn't played a great deal particularly earlier in the year.
    OK

Season 9

JETS
    68 yellows
    414 fouls
    234 "players" committing fouls
    Average fouls per card - 6
    Players with >4 fouls - 13 and who received yellows - 4

Opposition
    40 yellows
    353 fouls
    211 "players" committing fouls
    Average fouls per card - 9
    Players with >4 fouls - 6 and who received yellows - 4

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    This isn't meant to be an attack on Regan necessarily but IMO most of his challenges which are called a foul are worthy of a yellow. He's extremely rash, to the point of dumb, with some of his challenges. I'm surprised he hasn't been suspended yet - probably helps that he hasn't played a great deal particularly earlier in the year.
    As well, the number of cards before an automatic suspension is now 8 because of the point of the season.

Jets overall competitive matches - minutes when goals were scored
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 24-03-2015 at 03:46 PM.

Jets goals and the minutes they were scored during SEASON

Opposition goals and the minutes they were scored during SEASON

Here's an interesting question:

What is the average number of appearances for a player in their Jets career?

34 or 42
    Go jetties

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    34 or 42
    Lower

Go jetties

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    Close. 28.

What are people's thoughts on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Close. 28.

What are people's thoughts on this?
    Interesting and perhaps revealing stat.
    Would be even more interesting to compare with other AL clubs.
    Any links to that info anywhere?