Page 40 of 52 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Stubbins = He's Out (pg 47)

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Can't believe that dick head last night. Team under the pump just before half time ball goes out and the dick head kicked it back so they could take a quick throw. Anyone with half a brain gets out of its way and allows his team time to regroup whilst the opponent is looking for a ****ing ball
    Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    Blew up about the same thing myself.
    Was in the company of my better half, so held my tongue as she wouldn't know why I was so annoyed. But yes, certainly a dumb thing to do. Catch the ball, hang onto it while you bark out a few orders and slowly give the ball back, but don't show off your tekkers when you're under the pump.

in those kind of situations, you need to ask yourself: "what would kossie do?"

Stepping the campaign up in the off season.

Just booked a trip to Thailand.

Gonna call into Bangkok Glass FC whilst there and find out how they got rid of the Muppet and we can't.

Any chance I can get a tax deduction for this???
    So now it's the Thai connexion, is that like the Fred Nile connexion. Hope you like spicy prison food, and penis.
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

So, this whole moving forward thing has really got some legs. Given our position this year we certainly can't go backwards!!

And does anyone else notice when Stubbins talks about next year, he's saying look back in 12 months time and you'll see we're in a better position. We can be 9th and what he's saying will be true!! Lots of smoke and mirrors smooth talking going on here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    So, this whole moving forward thing has really got some legs. Given our position this year we certainly can't go backwards!!

And does anyone else notice when Stubbins talks about next year, he's saying look back in 12 months time and you'll see we're in a better position. We can be 9th and what he's saying will be true!! Lots of smoke and mirrors smooth talking going on here.
    The bloke is just making it up as he is going.

Make no mistake this is not some grand plan that was in the works. A 7-0 hiding and a player revolt were the catalyst for self preservation and this bullshit empty dream of moving forward.

Seriously if Griff Carney Kew were such a problem before we got raped by Adelaide why were they playing every week???

A lot of older players, past their best, create an illusion around them to sure up their positions/ status.
    usually it involves blaming others for the poor performances, rather than any walk into the room of mirrors.
    The coach is usually the number one target and it is usually accompanied by creating a pack mentality to convince others to see it the same way.
    Happens in all sports and at all levels.
    Tinks is a knock about bloke who has seen this sort of stuff in the workplace.
    he made a pretty good call on getting rid of the under performing ageing types because he could see through it.

Definitely better off without all the players that were chopped- different reasons for all too.
    Stubbins is a terrible coach who prepares poorly organised and tactically inept teams.
    But at least this lot have some athleticism, some commitment and have a go and they don't have that negative / divisive self interest serving lot to derail the team further.
    We are still a dumb team but at least their is some united spirit now.

Quote Originally Posted by Raw Boned Youngster View Post
    Stubbins is a terrible coach who prepares poorly organised and tactically inept teams.
    So you are saying he is the problem aren't you?
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Banned
    A lot of older players, past their best, create an illusion around them to sure up their positions/ status.
    usually it involves blaming others for the poor performances, rather than any walk into the room of mirrors.
    The coach is usually the number one target and it is usually accompanied by creating a pack mentality to convince others to see it the same way.
    he made a pretty good call on getting rid of the under performing ageing types because he could see through it.

Definitely better off without all the players that were chopped- different reasons for all too.
    But at least this lot have some athleticism, some commitment and have a go and they don't have that negative / divisive self interest serving lot to derail the team further.
    Fear is not exactly a spirit

Mate apart from......"Stubbins is a terrible coach who prepares poorly organised and tactically inept teams"....which is pretty well common knowledge now.
    Most of your comments are based from your observation of someone from the outside looking in without no real knowledge of what happened in January and the months leading up to the cull.

Yeah Tinks "made a pretty good call on getting rid of the under performing ageing types"......we still finished last FFS!

In our last game to avoid the spoon we virtually played a 2nd string Roar side but like you said we now have....."some athleticism, some commitment and have a go"......but we still lost.

Don't buy this illusion that what the club done was the right thing to do because that only feeds their whole propaganda machine of "moving forward" "rebuilding" etc. There is nothing we can do about changing the past but we still don't have to accept that what Stubbins and Tinkler done was right and in the best interests of the club.

Lastly there is nothing united about the spirit of the team, the happenings of the past few months have created a psyche now where each individual is looking out for himself, there is no collective.

I think we would have finished last even if we hadn't culled those players mid year. I think we would've still missed out on finals football even if we sacked Stubbs.

However Tinks is backing Stubbs until next year, there's nothing we can do that will actually change his mind in the short term, so... i reckon that the cull was good as the team would've just moved further and further backwards with all those people trying to work against each other.

We have definitely been more enjoyable to watch over the last month than the first half of the season and i think a lot of that has come down to some of the young players running themselves around the park with some enthusiasm as well as Alivodic and Lee finding their feet and influencing games.

So if he is staying and is getting a clean slate does anyone actually think he can build at least a slightly competent football team to compete next year? I think we have been ok, so far, in our player retention and the signing of Booger. That's one positive..
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Banned
    Only fair I offer praise when it is due.

The decisions made today by Muppet are actually good for the future of the club. Muppet has actually done the right thing in my eyes

As I said yesterday The Serb and Cowburn are the only two we should retain.

Reegz may well be a top bloke and well loved etc but re signing him would be a foolish mistake when we are in the hole we are in. We can't afford to be making decisions on sentiment and misguided local loyalty. We do need to be signing better players than Reegz or we will be in the same spot next season. As for this bullwhip about signing someone as a Squaddie all our blokes should be signed for the future or for now. Not to fill in and be second fiddle to someone

Obviously now we have plenty of space in our squad to rebuild and it is now over to the Muppet to not tuck it up.

PS I still want the Muppet gone

Thank christ for your post script.

Thought you were wavering there for a moment.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Thank christ for your post script.

Thought you were wavering there for a moment.
    Wavering no way.

My expectations are that we win the league next season. No ****ing about.

Muppet will have the players he wants and if he can't achieve this goal then he should be sacked.

If anyone thinks I am being unrealistic then I couldn't give a ****. What he has put us through this season will only be worth it if he delivers the title next year. If he can't then he GTFO

Only fair I offer praise when it is due.

The decisions made today by Muppet are actually good for the future of the club. Muppet has actually done the right thing in my eyes
    Look how soft the Member has gone since meeting Stubbins at the airport.

He must have done gone and scared 6 levels of shit right out of you.

You've changed.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Look how soft the Member has gone since meeting Stubbins at the airport.

He must have done gone and scared 6 levels of shit right out of you.

You've changed.
    Scared no.

Me just realistic to know that the Muppet will be here for another 6 months anyway and fark all can be done to change that.

He has 5 Months to learn to Coach
    I have 5 Months to prepare banners

Pressure ain't on me at all

Banned
    NBN News just said Chilli has been trying for 3 months to speak to Muppet about his future but has been ignored by Muppet.

Really good people skills there

Unfortunately not the only one to be ignored by Muppet and his poor people skills

NBN News just said Chilli has been trying for 3 months to speak to Muppet about his future but has been ignored by Muppet.

Really good people skills there

Unfortunately not the only one to be ignored by Muppet and his poor people skills
    And also said Regan was told he would be offered a new contract and that even assistant coach was taken by surprise and didn't know he was getting axed!!!!!......Dictatorship mate... dictatorship....!!!!!
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    yes that was a very damning report

it actually made me feel passionate about the club for the first time in a long time

it was a feeling of hatred but it's a start
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    So you are saying he is the problem aren't you?
    yes he is a major part of the problem. The reality is the Jets have never had a decent coach who can improve, develop or implement any tactical style.

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    And also said Regan was told he would be offered a new contract and that even assistant coach was taken by surprise and didn't know he was getting axed!!!!!......Dictatorship mate... dictatorship....!!!!!
    Actually told by Tinks he had a contract after the Sydney game - bizarre!