Page 21 of 52 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Stubbins = He's Out (pg 47)

Quote Originally Posted by Footyhead View Post
    Can anyone please enlighten as to what Stubbins "style of play" is ?? Reading about it and watching games I have no idea. At least with GVE it seemed clear albeit not working.
    Don't think he knows either.

Quote Originally Posted by Footyhead View Post
    Can anyone please enlighten as to what Stubbins "style of play" is ?? Reading about it and watching games I have no idea. At least with GVE it seemed clear albeit not working.
    Ipswich town FC 1971 style
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Is anyone else of the belief that Friday's game might need to be postponed in the next couple of days - unless a miracle occurs we could be forfeiting or fielding the Youth team.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Is anyone else of the belief that Friday's game might need to be postponed in the next couple of days - unless a miracle occurs we could be forfeiting or fielding the Youth team.
    I think they may field a weakened team, unless they want to demonstrate they are still "serious" but I still think things can stoop lower by Tinkler playing behind closed doors, barring the members out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

and give tinkler a win? at the moment, I reckon tinkler is humiliating himself (and us) more than the FFA. plus foxtel would be extremely pissed not to have anything to show on a Friday night after such a great run.

also, if by PFA rules the 5 "sacked" players have to agree to be sacked (and they don't appear to have done so yet), then they must still (by my logic) be counted in the squad. so we have at least 18 players, plus a few extra signings over the last few days.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    also, if by PFA rules the 5 "sacked" players have to agree to be sacked (and they don't appear to have done so yet), then they must still (by my logic) be counted in the squad. so we have at least 18 players, plus a few extra signings over the last few days.
    Not necessarily. They may be contracted but Tinkler has stated clearly in the media on multiple occasions that they will never play for the Jets again.

It's all in the FFA's court.

They will count the sacked players in the maximum 23 squad of players until contract disputes are resolved and refuse to approve the signing of new players once that 23 maximum has been reached. I'm not sure how many they have now with Gallaway and Birighitti gone.

On the other hand, they will claim that the Jets are bringing the game into disrepute by not fielding a competitive team.

They will simply blame it all on poor decision making at the Jets, that they should have had all their ducks in a row before they acted.

Quote Originally Posted by hausmann View Post
    Not necessarily. They may be contracted but Tinkler has stated clearly in the media on multiple occasions that they will never play for the Jets again.
    Isn't there some law about preventing someone from performing their job? Or is that just an EU thing where players forced to train with the reserves take legal action?

and give tinkler a win? at the moment, I reckon tinkler is humiliating himself (and us) more than the FFA. plus foxtel would be extremely pissed not to have anything to show on a Friday night after such a great run.
    If Tinks is indeed taking the piss and destroying the club then I think having a barebones side go up against the Roar and getting flogged by double figures to nil would be a Tinkler win !

If Tinks is indeed taking the piss and destroying the club then I think having a barebones side go up against the Roar and getting flogged by double figures to nil would be a Tinkler win !
    I actually don't think that is his tactic. I think he is trying to restore some value in it so he can sell it for what he thinks its worth. He probably thinks that Dundee United are small fish and he wants the big fish to bite. He has banked on Stubbins being able to do this for him and backed him to the hilt. He is trying to show that he is working to have all the participation agreement points covered, probably without knowing what they are, because there is no point trying to restore value if the FFA can just take it away from him . The only problem is that sacking so many people at once has destabilised the club and given the FFA more than enough ammunition to take it off him if they want to.
    Last edited by hausmann; 02-02-2015 at 11:18 AM.

So tinks didnt meet the deadline and now only has to show "cause" for this situation. We know tinks is great at saying what others want to hear to get his way.

Showing cause is a soft option from a weak FFA.

Tinks will talk, FFA will lick his boots and let him continue. terrible.

just going through the process hawk...

just going through the process hawk...
    Precisely. Play it by the book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    So tinks didnt meet the deadline and now only has to show "cause" for this situation. We know tinks is great at saying what others want to hear to get his way.

Showing cause is a soft option from a weak FFA.

Tinks will talk, FFA will lick his boots and let him continue. terrible.

As belchardo said, I think the initial deadline was to say "do something yourself before we get involved". Now the show cause is "we are getting involved. tell us why we shouldn't strip you of your license". The initial deadline was the critical step for Tinkler. Because he has missed it he now has lost control of the process.

It's a more serious step and just covers them legally from any claim from Tinkler that they have been unfair or that the FFA have themselves breached the participation agreement.

The FFA can (and probably will if Dundee United are in the background) put maximum pressure on Tinkler by saying that he needs to prove he has a competitive team for Friday's game against Brisbane (which he hasn't unless he re-employs the senior players).

Tinkler has played himself into a checkmate position. There is little he can do to get out of it and the timeframe will be up to the FFA.
    Last edited by hausmann; 02-02-2015 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hausmann View Post
    As belchardo said, I think the initial deadline was to say "do something yourself before we get involved". Now the show cause is "we are getting involved. tell us why we shouldn't strip you of your license". The initial deadline was the critical step for Tinkler. Because he has missed it he now has lost control of the process.

It's a more serious step and just covers them legally from any claim from Tinkler that they have been unfair or that the FFA have themselves breached the participation agreement.

The FFA can (and probably will if Dundee United are in the background) put maximum pressure on Tinkler by saying that he needs to prove he has a competitive team for Friday's game against Brisbane (which he hasn't unless he re-employs the senior players).

Tinkler has played himself into a checkmate position. There is little he can do to get out of it and the timeframe will be up to the FFA.
    Makes a lot of sense what you are saying. As supporters we are all frustrated but we have to try and understand that in Legal matters there are no short-cuts. There is a process and as you said, FFA are just following it through to the letter so Tinkler has no leg to stand on hopefully by the end of the process

Tinklers defence will be that the Jets haven't fielded a competitive side since season 3.

One would hope that if a sporting Roar team were easily outclassing and beating an inexperienced young Jets team come Friday night that they would take their foot off the accelerator at 8 or 10 nil. Though there is the issue of goal difference which Brisbane may consider important further down the track.

Quote Originally Posted by smoo View Post
    One would hope that if a sporting Roar team were easily outclassing and beating an inexperienced young Jets team come Friday night that they would take their foot off the accelerator at 8 or 10 nil. Though there is the issue of goal difference which Brisbane may consider important further down the track.
    and glory. trivia questions galore would all have the answer "Brisbane roar"

HE'S ALIVE!!!!!

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/28...ilence/?cs=306

can't watch, at work.

says moving forward a hundred times

says he could share a beer with neil young and andrew packer lol

stubbins says that the assistant coach is a very good man, got a lot of respect for him but in football it doesn't always work out, things happened at adelaide etc

said that underminining is not the word he would use

and we're moving forward

moving forward

moving forward

ffs said absolutely nuffin