Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Stubbins = He's Out (pg 47)

Wander if in this week Herald, Stubbins will declare: WSW are not coping under pressure? Or is Baartz going to ask for patience But we should be right Billy is the missing link isn't he?
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Calling it now, we'll give WSW their first win of the season. The league can't have the asian champs on the bottom!

#goodguyjets
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Wander if in this week Herald, Stubbins will declare: WSW are not coping under pressure? Or is Baartz going to ask for patience But we should be right Billy is the missing link isn't he?
    But we are rebuilding, work in progress and all all that.

AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I blame tinkler more than anyone.

Ya kidding are you not ?.

At what point do these blokes Stubbs included have a crack for the shirt. I could not care less if the grim reaper himself owned the club, If you have any sense of pride you have a go, If not for themselves then the fans at the very least.

Stubbs biggest problem is he has been delusional in his appraisal of our performances when blind f%^&'n freddy could see we have been shit. He has refered to our effort against the Victory as an indicator and expectation for a good performance last night. Any Mong could tell our result against the Victory was an assy one. One goal from a corner and one a pen, Never looked like bothering the Victory keeper from general play.

These so called pro footballers embarrassed our shirt deluxe last night, No excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    But we are rebuilding, work in progress and all all that.

AGAIN
    Still
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    Until FFA or another owner step in, what we have now is what we will have.

The sad thing is, tonight game went out on free to air. Gallop looked less than impressed on the pitch at half time.

What needs to happen is for tinks to be pissed off. Either the FFA or someone buy us (FFA more likely), then re-evaluate what needs changing in the club back room. Until that happens, the same shit will be dished out. Sad thing is, I am not sure we have hit rock bottom.

Is Stubbins GVE in a mask, or was GVE not the problem all along??
    Maybe, just maybe, Gallop was thinking..."we are going to have to do something about this."

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Maybe, just maybe, Gallop was thinking..."we are going to have to do something about this."
    RIP Newcastle Jets

Banned
    PHIL Stubbins doesn’t plan to park the bus just yet but the Jets coach is considering a more conservative approach.

The Jets, ninth on two points, have adopted horses for courses tactics in the opening six games.

In the process they have conceded a whopping 14 goals – the most in the league – and have a negative-nine goal difference.

Eight goals have come in a 4-1 loss to Wellington in New Zealand and 4-0 defeat to Brisbane at home on Friday when attempting to get on the ‘‘front foot’’.

‘‘We have to accept where we are at,’’ Stubbins said.

‘‘Trying to go out and win the [Roar] game was possibly a mistake by myself.

‘‘Thinking we were in a position to go out and play in a way that we could break them down, playing two up top, it never really worked.

‘‘Do we take stock and defend what we have got? Set the game plan up not to lose the game as opposed to trying to win the game?

‘‘With evolution comes progression. The only way we are going to progress is by having time together and being able to get the balance right between defending, and also trying to set the team up to win the game in a way that is more proactive with the ball at our feet.’’

After sitting deep in a scoreless first half against Brisbane, Stubbins changed to a more aggressive 4-4-2 formation with disastrous results.

‘‘We played a pretty dull brand of football in the first half,’’ Stubbins said.

‘‘We wanted to try to change things up and get on the front foot. Changing the formation perhaps dented, not only the resolve, but the wall we had in front as a defensive unit.

" ‘‘It happened against the Roar, we capitulated very early on in the second half.’’ - – PHIL STUBBINS "

‘‘Luke Brattan was certainly one who picked us off at certain moments.

‘‘We got stretched and as a consequence of that we suffered the first goal. Thereafter we never really recovered.’’

A big turnover in personnel, combined with late arrivals, players returning from long-term injuries and others suffering setbacks made for a disrupted pre-season.

That has flowed on to the opening six rounds, in which the Jets have been a yard or two behind their rivals in most areas.

‘‘We have lacked the chemistry the players get from playing time after time,’’ Stubbins said.

‘‘To have a back four that has not played consecutive games together in a very strong competition is obviously an area a good side can exploit. We are getting our players back now. That is the positive thing for us.

‘‘We are starting to get some parity in condition with everyone on an even keel.

‘‘We have a good group. There are some things in the group we need to improve on, a lot of those are mental.

‘‘We have spoken about conceding goals early in the second half and late in games.

‘‘It happened against the Roar, we capitulated very early on in the second half.’’

The Jets have failed to make the finals for the past four seasons and have firmed into $2.85 favourites for the wooden spoon this campaign.

They left a place open on the roster, are yet to replace Josh Barresi (knee reconstruction) and could have another vacancy if, as appears likely, Jonny Steele doesn’t return from the US.

The A-League transfer window opens in January.

‘‘If you are a club that has not achieved for so long, how long do you keep trying to wrap people in cotton wool and say it is OK it will be right next week,’’ Stubbins said.

‘‘When do you start saying it is not good enough and we need to start making changes. I’m in that process of working out which is the best way to go.’’
    Seriously am i reading too much into these statements or is every other person in Newy also seeing issues with them??

‘‘Thinking we were in a position to go out and play in a way that we could break them down, playing two up top, it never really worked.
    No shit. You played Caravella on the right wing and your right back spent most of his time defending in the middle of the ****ing pitch. Your two central midfielders are both deeper playing players, neither of them got forward to link with the two up front. And then when you did change it up, you brought on a ****ing defender to play in midfield! No ****ing wonder it didn't work, you complete ****ing fraud.

He has no pace to play defensively and on the counter... Virgili and Hoole would be our quickest, I think, and you wouldn't exactly call either of them lightning fast at an A-League standard. Guess we are playing 4-5-1, lump it forward to Montano, hope we can win a free kick and grind out 1-0 wins from set pieces.

****ing hell

When do you start saying it is not good enough and we need to start making changes. I’m in that process of working out which is the best way to go.
    Wake the **** up Stubbins. You were supposed to get this shit sorted out in the pre-season ffs.

After six years of shit the time for experimenting has long since past.

Start winning games or fall on your sword.

I'm actually happy to hear that he had a game plan. It failed miserably... but at least they had some sort of discussion on how they were going to play.
    Kew at right wasn't an experiment, he had played there in the past, but he was just poor on friday. The midfield was an experiment because it was Celeski's debut. This week will be a big test of his mettle as a head coach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Wait, we went out to try to win that match?

Looked like we parked the bus quite early in the first half.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

two up front?

did this happen?

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seriously am i reading too much into these statements or is every other person in Newy also seeing issues with them??
    I'd rather us attack than sit back and try and defend a 0-0 from the get go.

That's a worrying.

I was coming in here to turn over a new leaf and get back behind the team today after the weekend, but this just makes me shake my head again.

He started very well in what he was saying, and I was feeling confident, but the longer this goes on the trust and belief that he can make the change is waning.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not calling for Stubbins head, but I want to see more from not just the team but also from him this weekend than simply sitting in his chair watching. There's no point complaining about what he's got because he's got what he has so he needs to get the best out of them until January when we can use the two free spots (Baressi injury spot & assuming Steele leaves) to attract other players. However I fear by then the ship may have sailed.
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 18-11-2014 at 08:52 AM.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    two up front?

did this happen?
    Yeah it did, but I don't know if this was the first time we tried it this year.

I remember in the pre-season game against the Nix, we had Griffo in behind, Neumann out wide and it was actually going ok. Griff is wasted out wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Wait, we went out to try to win that match?

Looked like we parked the bus quite early in the first half.
    My thoughts exactly when reading it.

I fail to remember a time this season when you could consider Stubbins' gameplan to NOT be defensive. Wasn't the Roar game the first that a centre back DIDNT play centre mid?

We've played 2 holding mids every game this season. How much more conservative an approach can you get.
    Last edited by pv4; 18-11-2014 at 09:18 AM.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    two up front?

did this happen?
    Against the Roar Griff went up front with Montano for that 20mins or so before he was subbed
    OK

Griff-Montano
    Hoole-Flores-Kanta-Neuman
    Carney-Dash-Kew-Neville
    BK

Not ****ing hard.
    Go jetties

Bloke should be punted before the weekend for his quotes regarding trying to win the Brissy game.

Frigg'n disgrace to himself and the club to even endorse such a halfwit.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    Griff-Montano
    Hoole-Flores-Kanta-Neuman
    Carney-Dash-Kew-Neville
    BK

Not ****ing hard.
    That team would be carved apart. We need two DM's because we always give away the ball and our fullbacks get caught out in the opposing half.
    Monty can play up front by himself, that's his game. We need Celeski and Flores in the middle of the park so that we can have some confidence on the ball. Dash and Kew should do well together within a game or two. Neville at right back is big must but if he is injured we need to sort that out. Carney and Gallagher will be fine at left back, one more of an attacking option than the other. Nuemann needs to start some games. I bet he doesn't even know everyone else's names he's played so little football. Maybe if we hadn't had half a first team of injuries when the season started we might have some consistency but Stubbins definitely has NOT managed to embed any sort of 'philosophy' or 'playing style' in this team yet.

Give him the season to see what he can do to the club, but if these perfomances continue and the FFA don't want to buy us off Tinks we might be driving a little further to watch football games in the next few years. I don't see more than 5000 people coming to the game to watch us play as bad as we have been this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.