Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Stubbins = He's Out (pg 47)

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    two up front?

did this happen?
    I think he meant to say "Kew up front".

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Give him the season to see what he can do to the club, but if these perfomances continue and the FFA don't want to buy us off Tinks we might be driving a little further to watch football games in the next few years. I don't see more than 5000 people coming to the game to watch us play as bad as we have been this year.
    That's a great idea. Then we can get to the end of the season, finishing in last spot whilst Stubbins goes through the motions, re-signing half of the shit players and letting go half of the good ones. Then he gets the boot, new bloke comes in and we start yet another ****ing rebuilding phases whilst he uses the excuse of not having HIS players in the squad. Pyramids were built quicker than it has taken us to rebuild after winning the GF, ffs.

Why not , he was everywhere else Friday that he should not have been.

Adopt a similar gameplan to the wanderers dare I say, stay compact and solid in defence, break quickly with the aim of getting in behind the fullbacks. They also crowd areas forcing opposition players into long switches which they pounce on if ill directed. Zane basically had us playing the 442 version of it last season. I'd go with
    Birras
    Nev. kew. Dash. Gallagher
    Celeski. Kanta
    Hoole. Griff. Carns
    Monty

Ps. Not saying we have to play as dour as they play, just set up similarily

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    break quickly
    Hoole. Griff. Carns
    Monty
    Hmm....

Hoole would be the only one that might be considered quick in that lot these days.

--------------Biraz--------------------
    Neville--Kew--Madaschi--Gallagher
    --------------Celeski------------------
    Hoole-------------------------Carney
    --------------Flores-------------------
    ---------Griff--Jeronimo-------------

Give us 1 game of that pls.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post

That's a decent line-up. No-one other than defenders really weak on the ball, maybe Nuemann and Hoole have a few stray passes in them. Gallagher won't overlap Carney so we won't be caught out there. Neville and Hoole can interchange.

If we go 1-0 up and want to defend a lead, bring Monty up front and bring on Kanta/Pepper/Caravan on for the other striker. We can then play 4-5-2.

The only thing i like different to what you have PV4 is maybe play 4-1-2-2-1 and let Griff drop deep to get the ball as well as Flores, let Nuemann drag defenders wide and play off the shoulder. If Griff then wants to join him up front we are 2 on 2 in attack with a little pace and Flores ability to pick out a pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Hmm....

Hoole would be the only one that might be considered quick in that lot these days.
    True, quicker ball movement then, doesn't have to be leg speed although it obviously helps

Also, it would be great to have the option on bringing on Big Monty in the 70-80th minute to out muscle tired defenders and cause havoc. Just send up some long balls when we are chasing the game in the last quarter, as will probably happen many times this year. Even if you're playing poorly, anyone can score from a goal mouth scramble if you can get the ball in there and have a bit of luck.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

I don't think Jeronimo and griff can play together up front, they both play the same style, trying to get in behind whereas montano likes to come for the ball and hold it up.

In the game Jeronimo started besides the goal he was shit, didn't come for the ball once. Love PV4s lineup but I would swap montano for Jeronimo.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Unless you have Hoole and Carney playing narrow, that means one man in the middle. Absolute destruction.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    stubbins sounds like moyes.

i love it how our coaches always seem to lament a lack of preparation time (despite the a-league having the longest pre-season in world football) and a large turnover of players (despite the fact that it's the a-league and every ****ing team has the same problem every ****ing season).

it's actually embarrassing. up until the roar game i didn't really have an opinion on stubbins either way, but now i think he's clearly out of his depth and has to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

I like PV4's line-up too, with the team we have that's the best we can hope for. As for Phil....... I was hesitant when wr signed him as he's not exactly the guy on anyones radar, but now that he's spomen and shoen what he can do, I'm afraid that my girls will never know a winning mentality in Newy.
    Too many excuses, not enough arse kicking and too much putting players and laughable line-ups together. I'd send him to hang out with Theo alla season two and give miron a call. We need someone who has proven credentials and charisma.

Isn't Welsh a centre half?

I'd place him over Madaschi in that formation and probably swap pepper in for celeski.

What ?... No Chile
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Stubbins out. He should have shot back at Hutchos better than "that's disrespectful". Hutcho bags our club, our record and our stadium. Don't let that prick off so lightly. I'm limiting the talking I do over the weekend so I can save it for a verbal barrage at that scum Hutcho

Should have interviewed griff. Would have been more entertaining
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 27-11-2014 at 07:58 PM.
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Stubbins out. He should have shot back at Hutchos better than "that's disrespectful". Hutchos bags our club, our record and our stadium. Don't let that prick off so lightly. I'm limiting the talking I di over the weekend so I can save it for a verbal barrage at that scum Hutcho
    To be honest I couldn't really give a shite what hutcho has to say and I think stubbins was the same. Hutcho will be without his minder (Montgomery) this Sunday so I'd rather see our response to his comments shown against him on the pitch rather than in some chit chat during the week. The way I see it, our club has the potential to be one of the better in the comp under the right ownership. His beloved club only has the potential to be moved to north Sydney or somewhere else in the future. As the years roll by I have no doubt who's the better club will be

To be honest I couldn't really give a shite what hutcho has to say and I think stubbins was the same. Hutcho will be without his minder (Montgomery) this Sunday so I'd rather see our response to his comments shown against him on the pitch rather than in some chit chat during the week. The way I see it, our club has the potential to be one of the better in the comp under the right ownership. His beloved club only has the potential to be moved to north Sydney or somewhere else in the future. As the years roll by I have no doubt who's the better club will be
    Fair enough. Hutcho on TV just made me fill with rage
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Newcastle has always been a club the other is a camp.

Fair enough. Hutcho on TV just made me fill with rage
    It all just sounded a little to manufactured and predictable to me, from both of them.

Its almost like the FFA marketing department handed them a script.

The jets twitter feed response to it just made it look even more manufactured.