Page 30 of 52 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Stubbins = He's Out (pg 47)

the iggy azalea of football coaching

Banned
    How big is his Ego???

Has won one game and loses at home and is all smiles about it??
    FFS

Also loved his presser blowing smoke up Sydneys arse about what a great side they are.

Like to point something out. Arnold took over Smurfs about the same time as Stubbins did the Jets.
    Arnold does not have HIS SIDE.
    He has a few signings of his but the bulk of players were inherited.
    He has just got on with the job of rebuilding their club and not made excuses.

Stubbins on the other hand takes no responsibility for anything and offers up excuses to divert the blame from his taking the club backwards.

Banned
    Glad to see Griff scored today.
    Not only a huge **** you to Mr 1 in 20 poor Boogaard and Elrich got schooled by the great man

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    love Griff, hate Stubbins

I despise this bloke. The longer his tenure goes, the more of a joke it becomes. I was thinking the same as a point which was raised earlier - why can't this coach, whether they're his players or not, be adaptable, motivate and send out a squad that can be somewhat competitive. It demonstrates to me more and more that he is really stubborn or tactically inept....or more than likely both
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I despise this bloke. The longer his tenure goes, the more of a joke it becomes. I was thinking the same as a point which was raised earlier - why can't this coach, whether they're his players or not, be adaptable, motivate and send out a squad that can be somewhat competitive. It demonstrates to me more and more that he is really stubborn or tactically inept....or more than likely both
    I thought Hooles body language was ordinary last night.

Gallagher how bad is he

Quote Originally Posted by mervan View Post
    I thought Hooles body language was ordinary last night.

Gallagher how bad is he
    I think hoole's head has gone. No benefit playing him for the rest of the season unless a certain coach is trying to save his job
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    How big is his Ego???

Has won one game and loses at home and is all smiles about it??
    FFS

Also loved his presser blowing smoke up Sydneys arse about what a great side they are.

Like to point something out. Arnold took over Smurfs about the same time as Stubbins did the Jets.
    Arnold does not have HIS SIDE.
    He has a few signings of his but the bulk of players were inherited.
    He has just got on with the job of rebuilding their club and not made excuses.

Stubbins on the other hand takes no responsibility for anything and offers up excuses to divert the blame from his taking the club backwards.
    Spot on Member, what really grates on me and by nature I'm not a hateful or spiteful person but the way Stubbins is all smiles in interviews and sometimes even laughing, trying to play the charisma "card" and win over the media.......WHAT THE FARK IS THERE TO LAUGH AND SMILE ABOUT!!!......really makes me boil inside. Players like Griffo and Rubes who literally spilt blood for this club were just pushed out as if they were nothing and their years of service to the club meant nothing, and then he goes on about "rebuilding" the club and the culture. We here the bullshit line....."in twelve months time this club will be a force.....". Phil your tenure at the club started about 9 months ago....you get judged (or should get judged) from when you took over and no matter how many smokescreens and mirrors you try to put up and try to blame the "troublemakers" or your staff or your "inherited" squad (which we all know is bullshit). The fact is you have won ONE GAME FROM TWENTY!!!! You would be gone by now in probably 95% of football clubs around the world but you have only been saved because the owner is a loose cannon who no one knows what his true agenda is and who is keeping the club afloat solely because of the generosity of Gerry Harvey. As they say "Kharma is a bitch" and one day it will catch up with you Mr 1 in 20!!!

At the end of the day it's simple

1. Stubbins is signed on 5th May 2014 (Because apparently he was a better choice that Arnie [Who by the way sings NTUA])
    2. He signs madashi, flores, newman, welsh, Gallagher, montano, steele, re-sign carney, gets roundabout back
    3. Goodwin prob smarter that what all we assumed and smells how bad it's going to get...He goes
    4. Steele here for 3 months and see u later ( ^ same as Goodwin)
    5. Flores goes in the bad books.
    6. No one really like 1 in 20
    7. Carney warns everyone that things are going to get worse bfore it gets better (How right was he!!)
    8. Mutiny against Muppet
    9. Birraz rather be on the bench in Serie B than here
    10. 5 players / 3 staff members sacked and Bridgy leaves (Another one who smells shit)
    11. Now 1 win in 20 games (But don't have to remind everyone)
    12. This time next year we will see a different Newcastle Jets....Yeah right

So let's recap

1. He had to build a squad on salary cap restriction (Imposed by Tinks), no much different than Arnie (Except he could get Marquees/ Which is a big difference I agree)
    2. So no one really likes him
    3. The common denominator at the end of the day is Muppet, but he is going nowhere because now the culture at the club is great (Still 1 win in 20 / And Griff nicely pointed out how can Tinks talk about culture when he lives in Singapore)
    4. So Next year we will be ok.....Yeah Right
    5. 1 in 20 Laughing at the (Protesting) fans / Has no guts to talk to the (Protesting) fans because he thinks we are all fools and know nothing about football.....
    6. What a joke...... And I cant help myself to get personal here: Even his wife must not like him cause she still lives in Adelaide!!!!
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    would be gone by now in probably 95% of football clubs around the world
    100%
    Dare to Zlatan

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    100%
    Which I guess we ask the question why we are in the remaining 5%? The club has a number of debts as it is and by sacking Stubbins we will add to this debt, providing we can successfully negotiate a termination. If we can't, he will get "stood aside" or put into another role within the club like technical director or something, still her causing havoc.

I guess the club needs to decide, is the income it has best used paying off debts or terminating the coach in an effort to increase future revenue?
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 07-03-2015 at 10:17 PM.

^^^^^
    Summed up beautifully lquiqer, who made the call to get rid of Rubes, I'm sure Stubbins was already at the club. Wasn't the original plan to get rid of Rubes, free some $$$ in the salary cap and get Paartalu?
    Don't care what anyone says, but shit we've missed Rubes' this season....his drive, leadership, tenacity and heart. The bloke wasn't the most technically gifted but he was a workhorse who lifted the team when we were down!

^^^^^
    Summed up beautifully lquiqer, who made the call to get rid of Rubes, I'm sure Stubbins was already at the club. Wasn't the original plan to get rid of Rubes, free some $$$ in the salary cap and get Paartalu?
    Don't care what anyone says, but shit we've missed Rubes' this season....his drive, leadership, tenacity and heart. The bloke wasn't the most technically gifted but he was a workhorse who lifted the team when we were down!
    This. Bloke really played for the shirt. Deadset love and miss rubes

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Which I guess we ask the question why we are in the remaining 5%? The club has a number of debts as it is and by sacking Stubbins we will add to this debt, providing we can successfully negotiate a termination. If we can't, he will get "stood aside" or put into another role within the club like technical director or something, still her causing havoc.

I guess the club needs to decide, is the income it has best used paying off debts or terminating the coach in an effort to increase future revenue?
    Not sure debt is the issue regarding sacking him . What is he on 150k max , so 200k max to pay him out...,what's an extra 200k to Tinks???.... Would be like me being in debt for 450k instead of 400k.... More to gain by sacking him and investing in the club to make it successful (then sale for better money) than stick with that Muppet....
    Dare to Zlatan

^^^^^
    Yeah forgot about Rubes
    Dare to Zlatan

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Not sure debt is the issue regarding sacking him . What is he on 150k max , so 200k max to pay him out...,what's an extra 200k to Tinks???.... Would be like me being in debt for 450k instead of 400k.... More to gain by sacking him and investing in the club to make it successful (then sale for better money) than stick with that Muppet....
    Possibly, but we can't service our debts so any severance would get added to the bottom line

stabbins media talk is just fantasy. he has less then no idea

Banned
    Now I am only speculating out my arse here.

Possibility in play.

Now assuming our last CEO was competent. You would think when Stubbins was signed there would be a pile of clauses in his contract. Some good for Stubbins some good for the club. Now obviously if things went well and we won the comp Stubbins would be entitled to a cash bonus etc. Is it possible that being Stubbins is a rookie coach you would put some form of minimum performance KPI in??

Ie You come worse then say 8th the club can part ways on the remainder of the contract for not achieving enough success??

I know I am clutching at straws on a few fronts my desire to get rid of him and also my faith in Middleby but there is the possibility the reason the club are not sacking him are because if they sack him now they have to pay him out obviously. If they hold on and the season is done and dusted they may be able to offload him for nothing.

Hopefully it pans out this way

WRT Stubbins' wife, she has business interests in Adelaide. She does come up to Newcastle (or at least she has before the season started).

I know we don't like the bloke coaching at our club, but personal insults are a bit on the nose. His reputation professionally provides more than enough fodder.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    WRT Stubbins' wife, she has business interests in Adelaide. She does come up to Newcastle (or at least she has before the season started).

I know we don't like the bloke coaching at our club, but personal insults are a bit on the nose. His reputation professionally provides more than enough fodder.
    'don't like' lol. This thread is taking it very easy on him.