Page 42 of 52 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Stubbins = He's Out (pg 47)

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    once this Muppet is gone I will purchase a new season ticket in one of them fancy seats where you get a waiter and shit

cmon Dundee, clear the decks and shut up and take my money

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OmeletteDuFromage View Post
    The FFA article says players will be offered a contract at the new club. No mention of staff.
    Tinkler could have done us all a great favour in sacking him before he went.

Add his wages to the 2million debt to be settled at a creditors meeting where Muppet got 8c in the $$

Don't let the door hit you on the way out Muppet!
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

You would have to think any new owner or even the FFA if wanting to sell memberships next season and/or get on the good side of the fans would dismiss the Muppet immediately

I don't even think that the ffa would have to terminate his contract. They're setting up a Brad new club which means all positions are vacated,
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    once this Muppet is gone I will purchase a new season ticket in one of them fancy seats where you get a waiter and shit
    We'll be careful what you say in this thread as Stubbins will prob end up being that waiter.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    We'll be careful what you say in this thread as Stubbins will prob end up being that waiter.
    back in his real position.

Calling all new coaching wannabes

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    I don't even think that the ffa would have to terminate his contract. They're setting up a Brad new club which means all positions are vacated,
    Thats my understanding. Its start from scratch as a new entity with the same name.

They would know the community backlash at stubbins, and FFA know they need to connect with the community. There is no way that he will be retained. He may as well hop on the next bus out of town and never return.

I'm guessing.....

Newcastle football operations in no longer the license holder.

Players contracts must be honoured because the PFA argued to protect them.
    Managers have no union.

Stubbin's contract with HSG or newcastle jets football operations wouldn't be protected in the same way.

I think phil might be able to spend some more time in the uk visiting friends and family.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    Thats my understanding. Its start from scratch as a new entity with the same name.

They would know the community backlash at stubbins, and FFA know they need to connect with the community. There is no way that he will be retained. He may as well hop on the next bus out of town and never return.
    Hopefully he is not even in town. Finding out his demise by viewing the internet would be so ****ing fitting

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Hopefully he is not even in town. Finding out his demise by viewing the internet would be so ****ing fitting
    Will he be told to play Carney

Would be better via Duct tape and builders plastic tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Would be better via Duct tape and builders plastic tbh.
    Good thought, but MFKS already made enough banners. And utilised better materials...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    Good thought, but MFKS already made enough banners. And utilised better materials...
    ????

The best one was done with builders plastic and tape

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    I assumed the builders plastic and gaff tape was to roll him up and push him off a pier, not make a banner

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    I think phil might be able to spend some more time in the uk visiting friends and family.
    A stop over in Thailand on the way back ?
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

????

The best one was done with builders plastic and tape
    Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    I assumed the builders plastic and gaff tape was to roll him up and push him off a pier, not make a banner
    I was being facetious

Banned
    THESE players stood alongside Jets coach Phil Stubbins for a pre-season promotion.

All have since parted ways with the club under Stubbins’ tumultous reign – and the coach himself appears likely to be the next head to roll after Football Federation Australia’s decision to depose owner Nathan Tinkler.

The game’s governing body revoked Tinkler’s A-League licence on Wednesday afternoon, just hours after the one-time billionaire had placed the club into voluntary administration, citing liabilities of $2.7million.

FFA officials travelled to Newcastle on Thursday to begin sifting through the mess Tinkler has left behind and start rebuilding the Jets.

One of the first calls made by the head of A-League, Damien de Bohun, was to advise Stubbins that he and his assistant coaches, Mark Jones and James Pascoe, would initially not be ‘‘coming across’’ to the new Newcastle entity.

Players have been offered identical contracts with the FFA entity, and administrative staff have also been brought across to ensure continuity while their positions are reviewed.

Do you think Jets members should be involved in owning and running the club?

Yes
    No

VoteView Results

It is hoped all Jets employees, who were supposed to be paid seven days ago, will receive their wages on Friday.

FFA has not ruled out reappointing Stubbins, but that would appear highly unlikely given his dismal debut season.

See your ad here
    Under the 52-year-old Englishman, the Jets finished last with three wins from 27 games and it seemed players and fans lost faith in his ability.

He was nonetheless backed to the hilt by Tinkler, who insisted he would honour Stubbins’ two-year deal.

That contract is now effectively worthless and Stubbins’ fate is in the hands of the FFA executives who have assumed interim control of the Jets.

FFA chief executive David Gallop said the coaching positions were under review and ‘‘would need to be considered separately’’.

He said it was ‘‘too early to make a decision in relation to them’’.

The Newcastle Herald asked to speak with Stubbins, but he said he would prefer to wait until Monday when he returns from an overseas scouting trip.

But in an interview with FourFourTwo website he said he was ‘‘100 per cent committed’’ to Newcastle.

“I think we’ve now got a chance to rebuild well,’’ he was quoted as saying.

‘‘There’s a lot of good people and things in place at the club that with the addition of a balanced roster and a stabilised day-to-day running can assist the club to gain the gap on finals football.

“I took the entire pre-season with Adelaide United as interim head coach under FFA administration in 2010 and the club went on to finish third that season.”

Former Socceroo David Carney, who spent four months in limbo last season after falling out with Stubbins, indicated he would welcome a change of coaches.

Speaking on Fox Sports, Carney was asked if he was willing to continue playing under Stubbins.

‘‘That’s a difficult one,’’ Carney said. ‘‘He stopped me going to another club and then he sacked me two weeks later or three weeks later. It’s a difficult one to accept, that.’’

Carney, who has another year to run on his Jets contract, said it was ‘‘definitely a relief’’ that FFA had stepped in to remove Tinkler.

‘‘It’s a real good club for the A-League and it’s a good fan base there, so we don’t want to lose them,’’ Carney said. ‘‘It’s important that whoever comes in brings in the right coaching staff and they move forward.’’

Jets midfielder Zenon Caravella, who was released at the end of last season, said he had ‘‘a couple of options’’ but would be more than willing to rejoin Newcastle if required.

‘‘I’d love to come back and play for the Jets next season,’’ Caravella said
    Zenon may well be earning himself many fans by exhibiting his character in recent weeks but to me it would be a massive backward step to be giving him a new gig

Zenon may well be earning himself many fans by exhibiting his character in recent weeks but to me it would be a massive backward step to be giving him a new gig
    I agree

as do I. thanks for the service zen, but no thanks.