Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1026

Thread: Stubbins = He's Out (pg 47)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    And what will the media now having a go at Stubbins achieve? The only reason it needs to be brought up is if these people feel they have an entitlement to compensation.

He's gone. It's time we all moved on and focus our efforts on making things better for the future, not dredging up and focusing on the past..
    Fair enough that's your opinion and I'm sure many would agree with you and I do to a certain extent.
    Thing is that in particular the five sacked players were tainted with the "troublemakers" brush and I just feel that their side of the side of story hasn't truly been heard yet (and that of course depends on whether they want to discuss it anyway).

In the end the fact that Stubbins' career as an A League coach is most probably dead ad buried is probably consolation enough for the many that he effected in his time here.

Whether right or wrong the boss is entitled to make decisions he sees fit. And I do get the vibe that the famous five were not 100% guilt free angels either.

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Fair enough that's your opinion and I'm sure many would agree with you and I do to a certain extent.
    Thing is that in particular the five sacked players were tainted with the "troublemakers" brush and I just feel that their side of the side of story hasn't truly been heard yet (and that of course depends on whether they want to discuss it anyway).

In the end the fact that Stubbins' career as an A League coach is most probably dead ad buried is probably consolation enough for the many that he effected in his time here.

I don't think the media could do any better a job on him that he has not done to himself IMO. People in " the game " associated with clubs in this league will be more than aware of his shortcomings he clearly demonstrated here in Newy in regards to his treatment off the field of those around him.

The mere fact that the muppet will most likely have to move again to some third rate B League o/seas to get a first team gig is punishment enough, No more missing NYL games and training days to get his end wet back in S.A at the drop of a hat as he will be too far away.

He brought a fair bit upon himself and even if he does jag a role as an asst somewhere here Aust i will be the first to offer our esteemed member a hand in making a banner to let the bloke know we outlasted him and is arrogent bullshit attitude to those who refused to buy his repeated crap.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    He brought a fair bit upon himself and even if he does jag a role as an asst somewhere here Aust i will be the first to offer our esteemed member a hand in making a banner to let the bloke know we outlasted him and is arrogent bullshit attitude to those who refused to buy his repeated crap.
    The banner will be done within days of him getting a gig somewhere and the stars aligning and ready to rock n roll

If Muppet comes back to Newy the only help I will need is having someone post my bail money for me.
    Job will be yours if you want it

I will be getting dragged out of the stadium every step of the way as the abuse flying over the fence will be at a level someone will want me gone.

PS The other thing is I will be also getting my moneys worth and stringing it out

Banned
    Heard at the WE that back in the day when Branko got the arse and Tinkler had enthusiasm for the club (well some) that the clubs first choice to Branko replace was not GVE.

The clubs first choice was sounded out and a deal could not be done for whatever reason and the club moved on and signed GVE.

Bloke in question was none other than Muppet.

Yep We could have had Muppet Managing us in 2011 if things had of panned out differently.

Needless to say second time around the club got their MAN and boy was that a great decision

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Heard at the WE that back in the day when Branko got the arse and Tinkler had enthusiasm for the club (well some) that the clubs first choice to Branko replace was not GVE.

The clubs first choice was sounded out and a deal could not be done for whatever reason and the club moved on and signed GVE.

Bloke in question was none other than Muppet.

Yep We could have had Muppet Managing us in 2011 if things had of panned out differently.

Needless to say second time around the club got their MAN and boy was that a great decision
    which one was worse?

Anyone know what the Muppet is doing now ? Is he still in this town ?... sorry just saw earlier post he's doing the trivia rounds !!
    Last edited by Footyhead; 16-06-2015 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Footyhead View Post
    Anyone know what the Muppet is doing now ? Is he still in this town ?
    Hopefully they couldn't afford to fly him home and he's stuck in England.

Quote Originally Posted by Footyhead View Post
    Anyone know what the Muppet is doing now ? Is he still in this town ?... sorry just saw earlier post he's doing the trivia rounds !!
    Maybe ask Pascoe, he was after all his right hand man for the last few months of the season!!!

Poor kids.....@johnnyddavidson: Phil Stubbins goes back to school https://t.co/hMkYYz9XvE @rawprawn25 @behindthegamepd @newyboys @nfhistory @ZadsLads @aaronkearneyaus
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Scar the kids for life that experience will.

Moving forward kids
    Dare to Zlatan

tinks didn't become a major sponsor of Adelaide high did he?
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Look at this absolute shit.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/...f73083f89961d8

Stubbins was the fall guy!
    None of the players he punted have got contracts now so that's somehow proof that he was right? **** off, Kew went straight into finals football and Griff would have been golden boot and JW Medal again with Nix if he didn't do his knee.

**** off Val, you father of a shit goalkeeper.

that was a painful ****ing read
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

It's basically an article with Val sticking his nose as far up Nubbins arse as he possibly can.

Ridiculous.

Banned
    What a load of shit.

The bloke had his chance to build a side last pre season chose not to so and it ****ing imploded.

If he was still here yeah we may have done better this year

It would be hard not to.

Where the **** were his signings he made last year??

Madaschi Celevski Jeronimo Flores Montano etc. They all left.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    how is this even an argument?

Stubbins was/is an absolute failure - there's no way you can take anything positive out of his record with us, I mean look at it

it's like a crazy person telling you they're a hedgehog - you usually just give them a mirror and a few pictures of hedgehogs and let them work it out

give Stubbins his win/loss record, articles about how shit he was, the combined hatred of everyone involved in football in Australia, a few pictures of cunce and a mirror and he'll eventually work it out

Muppet coach. Muppet writer......Both Manamana
    Dare to Zlatan

There is one positive to come out of Muppets reign, Miller.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out