Page 92 of 98 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 1953

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears?

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Sorry to hear this Grim.

What's your field of expertise maybe someone here can give you a lead or two for another job.
    Bad puns and average disc golf?

I don't really have one. I fell into a casual job with Telstra nearly 12 years ago after sucking at university. I've climbed my way up but have no qualifications in any field. Kind of just learnt anything on the fly, made some stuff up as I went and found myself to be good at something I had no plans to be involved in 15 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Bad puns and average disc golf?

I don't really have one. I fell into a casual job with Telstra nearly 12 years ago after sucking at university. I've climbed my way up but have no qualifications in any field. Kind of just learnt anything on the fly, made some stuff up as I went and found myself to be good at something I had no plans to be involved in 15 years ago.
    10 years or more in a job is about as good a qualification as you can get.
    It shows that you are dedicated, demonstrates that you were always learning new systems and procedures, and because of that would have no issues transferring to another sector of employment.

What has your job involved mate? As Dunster said, maybe some of us know something coming up.

Are you still in Newy?
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

found myself to be good at something
    You should look at turning your skills into your own business.

Because that's a pretty good qualification right there.

Plus you cant get sacked if you own the joint.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    You should look at turning your skills into your own business.

Because that's a pretty good qualification right there.

Plus you cant get sacked if you own the joint.
    I tried that after 20 years working in the same joint....not all beer and skittles. Back in a management job I hate micro managing underlings. Not my cup of tea but it pays the mortgage.

Very sobering to find 20 years management and HR experience means jot these days against a 21 year old with zero experience but a Diploma.

Anyone know where I can get a fake licence?
    So hard to find these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    i might know a guy...PM me

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post

I wonder if they rate Hazard in the top handful of players or support Liverpool?
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Banned
    ****s at West Connex

Get home tonight to find the cunce have sebt me a bill for using a ****ing tol road in Sydney

This is the second time this year the cunce have fraudulently sent me a letter demanding cash for services not rendered

First time the car was at my mechanics who somehow they reckon drove it to the other side of Sydney in 37 mins after I dropped it off
    This time I was at work on the day involved

Another 20/30 mins of arguing with ****s on the phone again coming up

FMD

Redundancy

This is the only job I have ever known. ****.
    Meeting put into calendar today. Update on consultation process. I suspect this is the end!

But I'm on holidays, on my way to Byron Bay for a disc golf tournament, so meh.

Not making trillions from all the minor accidents and injuries I've had all my life...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-10-05/cricket-game-at-manly-life-saving-club-ends-with-$700k-payout/10339364

When kids get gastro and it strikes at night.

Fortunately this time it's earlier in the night.

31st October appears to be the end. Unsuccessful in a few redeployment opportunities, including an amazing role in Hong Kong. Such a kick in the guts to be told you're not good enough despite a decade of high performances and some major achievements against my name.

31st October appears to be the end. Unsuccessful in a few redeployment opportunities, including an amazing role in Hong Kong. Such a kick in the guts to be told you're not good enough despite a decade of high performances and some major achievements against my name.
    That sucks mate

Sorry to hear man..

It's got nothing to do with not being good enough. It's about a business / organisation restructuring.

Get a job in retail, work at a service station... whatever. If you don't have kids and so on to worry about you can work the hours most people don't want to making you very employable

Do that to keep the money coming in and who knows you might actually enjoy it.

Do some labouring... anything. Just don't wait for a job to be handed to you because it rarely happens.

Don't think of it as a step backwards either - it's capitalism - so all jobs are shit in the end and you really only work to make a handful of people you will never meet rich anyway.

Disc Golf > Work. Remember that.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 24-10-2018 at 09:57 AM.

Airport baggage carousels.

Why can people hang back until their bag comes? Nah let's stand right beside the thing and block people who actually have their bag coming.

Australia Internet especially during storms

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Australia Internet especially during storms
    Australia internet is shit

Can sit in the middle of the bay of Thailand in a sparsely populated island 30km from the mainland on Data and stream video effortlessly yet in a supposed first world nation cant get a signal in some spots in the Hunter to make a ****ing phone call

Having the wife’s family over and putting on a lovely bit of lamb on the BBQ rotisserie, serving it up with roast vegies and greens only to see her brother and mother ignore the gravy I have made with the juices from the lamb to smother their entire plates in tomato sauce.