Page 81 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 1953

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears?

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    This thread is amazing for one that is meant to be about stuff as simple as people not paying attention at traffic lights.
    Tangents and going with the flow are 2 of the greatest things in life.

All of us need to wade out into the unexpected more often.

It’s fun, and you learn things.

But legit though **** those traffic light dawdlers.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    (and by ‘fair’ I mean all religion can **** off) .
    This quote is an example of our predicament. tbh this doesnt offend me but makes a point.

Now replace religion with women, ssm, refugees etc.

This statement is as bad or worse than members about women. If you were fair about equality and not accept biased bigotry you would call this out.

The selective outrage occasionally in here and society is pathetic. Supporting select contemporary issues that suits and letting others go through without a whimper is not fighting the good equality fight. Hypocrisy wins no hearts but could create animosity to the cause you think is important.

Thats why I dont take offense to hysterical comments. Just disagree or delete them, move on.

What did I miss?

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    This quote is an example of our predicament. tbh this doesnt offend me but makes a point.

This statement is as bad or worse than members about women. If you were fair about equality and not accept biased bigotry you would call this out.

The selective outrage occasionally in here and society is pathetic. Supporting select contemporary issues that suits and letting others go through without a whimper is not fighting the good equality fight. Hypocrisy wins no hearts but could create animosity to the cause you think is important.

Thats why I dont take offense to hysterical comments. Just disagree or delete them, move on.
    actually Hawk has a good point here.

The correct thing I meant to say was ‘**** shitty people who do shitty things in the name of religion’.

I got lazy and it is exactly how things kick off.

That’s on me.

Banned

As a man of religion quite frankly I couldn't give two ****s about Plagues comment

Religion cops it in the neck all the time

SSM debate has basically been used as an opportunity by the so called liberal do gooders to put shit on religion for not being pro SSM

Not to mention the never ending stream of abuse about the Catholic church priests kids etc

We much stronger than given credit for as we cop it on a regular basis and Plagues comment was pretty tame compared to nearly all we cop

As for the hypocrisy of those throwing the stones at times it is ****ing laughable the irony and hypocrisy from them
    Last edited by MFKS; 08-11-2017 at 05:39 PM.

actually Hawk has a good point here.

The correct thing I meant to say was ‘**** shitty people who do shitty things in the name of religion’.

I got lazy and it is exactly how things kick off.

That’s on me.
    This is a good post. There's a horrible minority undermining the extremely selfless and tremendous work being performed by some Religious individuals in our community.

If you're a good person, you're a good person. If you're a dickhead, you're a dickhead. Doesn't matter what race/religion/demographic you are.

But legit though **** those traffic light dawdlers.
    Absolutely. I feel this has been lost in the entire conversation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

you might notice in my OP about this topic that I mentioned I'm all for open discussion and exchange of views.
    Its when things go from this open exchange to saying those holding certain views are "less" than others, then I feel the need to speak out.
    Interesting that standing up for the good name of the women in my life is too selective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    you might notice in my OP about this topic that I mentioned I'm all for open discussion and exchange of views.
    Its when things go from this open exchange to saying those holding certain views are "less" than others, then I feel the need to speak out.
    Interesting that standing up for the good name of the women in my life is too selective.
    Tone is philosophically discussive

With the exception of member, accusing others of making women feel less than a man was incorrect and insulting which is what you were originally fighting against. In this case your fight for equality has generalised and incorrectly criticised others which further highlights my 'inconsistency of discrimination' debate. I stand by my previous words 100%. Sure, members words were outrageous so delete, warn, ban, move on.

As for protecting family...I guarantee that his generalist/mythical words were not aimed at yours or my family. We are all in the same boat with our better halves and protect them in immediate danger. But in this case I couldnt take the members words personally and believe that your being over sensitive.

I sometimes wonder how you get caught up in football supporter groups when they are often based on rouge elements which can test social boundaries at all levels albeit not accepting the breaking of laws.

Tone is philosophically discussive

With the exception of member, accusing others of making women feel less than a man was incorrect and insulting which is what you were originally fighting against. In this case your fight for equality has generalised and incorrectly criticised others which further highlights my 'inconsistency of discrimination' debate. I stand by my previous words 100%. Sure, members words were outrageous so delete, warn, ban, move on.

As for protecting family...I guarantee that his generalist/mythical words were not aimed at yours or my family. We are all in the same boat with our better halves and protect them in immediate danger. But in this case I couldnt take the members words personally and believe that your being over sensitive.

I sometimes wonder how you get caught up in football supporter groups when they are often based on rouge elements which can test social boundaries at all levels albeit not accepting the breaking of laws.
    Well said Hawk.

gonna be real interesting when we look back in a few years to correctly determine whether the Apple watch or Google Home was the most pointless piece of tech that became popular.

leaning towards Google Home at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

gonna be real interesting when we look back in a few years to correctly determine whether the Apple watch or Google Home was the most pointless piece of tech that became popular.

leaning towards Google Home at the moment.
    wtf is Google Home ?

Edit: Ohh ffs are they serious. Sonos is shit enough we don't need another embarrassing way to play music at home.

THis was the technology we needed to develop for every home.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 21-11-2017 at 09:32 PM.

how aussie is beefy, gis a fkn cuppa tea

This grinds my gears. Not everyone in NSW lives in Sydney

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-2...ebuilt/9182798

Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    This grinds my gears. Not everyone in NSW lives in Sydney

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-2...ebuilt/9182798
    Who is the contractor and how much did they donate to the Coalition?
    If the private sector is so great let them build and pay for it themselves. Foxtel will benefit from this immensely - where the **** is Ruperts wallet the cheap khunt?
    Overall it's just another corporate welfare package for the rich.

Pay for more teachers, nurses, doctors, essential services personnel... and so on you weak pricks. That's what people need.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 24-11-2017 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    If the private sector is so great let them build and pay for it themselves. Foxtel will benefit from this immensely - where the **** is Ruperts wallet the cheap khunt?

Pay for more teachers, nurses, doctors, essential services personnel... and so on you weak pricks. That's what people need.
    We have the railway ripped out Sydney put in another billion $ worth

time to secede. New England/Hunter. newcastle the capital. hope coal price stays up

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    the main point is valid, exactly why do we need a 40k stadium in a city that never draws a crowd of 40k?

and does anyone know if the govt covers this cost via the rent to these private tenants (footy teams etc).

we arent far off following the american model where for some reason cities bankrupt themselves building new stadiums then handing them over to private teams for them to profit off.

utter bullshit
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

as a sydney wanker - if you fix the transport into allianz and build a great stadium that learns from the mistakes of the past (ANZ) you will see an increase in attendance

the tram will be immeasurably good for the precinct, also for randwick races as well. people can cry about sports getting money but fk them, sports are great and hospitals are BORING

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    as a sydney wanker - if you fix the transport into allianz and build a great stadium that learns from the mistakes of the past (ANZ) you will see an increase in attendance

the tram will be immeasurably good for the precinct, also for randwick races as well. people can cry about sports getting money but fk them, sports are great and hospitals are BORING
    Last edited by The Dunster; 24-11-2017 at 02:36 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post

Still a waste of cash

Allianz built 1988
    Homebush built 1999

Need modernising??

FMD

Government is Taking the piss trying to palm this off as a necessary idea

Same type of dumb ****s built massive stands at Stade de Newy when neither the Jets or Knights fill them yet we could have a completed 25k ground if they used the money wisely to start with