Page 40 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears?

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    seriously, what does FFA have to do with this? This is an AFC tournament.
    Very true. I stand corrected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    seriously, what does FFA have to do with this? This is an AFC tournament.
    I would have thought that the FFA would have had a fair bit to do with it tbh. Much like how they spent the $40mil odd on the World Cup bid book, I would have assumed the FFA would have been involved in the bidding process, and the inspection to get the stadiums up to standard, helped with the scheduling, etc of the tournament.

I know the Asian Cup has a 3-4 day turnaround on group stage games (as opposed to 4-5 for World Cup), and the host nation always gets the 4 days as opposed to 3. I would have assumed this is because the host nations FA would have had a hand in scheduling, and "rigged" it this way.
    OK

What's more unbelievable is that they did nothing with the grass area, hence reducing capacity to 22000 for a semi final!!!....
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

See, I was always under the belief that for every Asian Cup game we were going to have temporary seating where the grass is. I have no idea where I took this belief from, but rocking up to the Japan/Palestine game and not seeing it took me by surprise.
    OK

Maybe they could make temporary seating from all the discarded glad wrap boxes

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    See, I was always under the belief that for every Asian Cup game we were going to have temporary seating where the grass is. I have no idea where I took this belief from, but rocking up to the Japan/Palestine game and not seeing it took me by surprise.
    I thought the same tbh
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Would have made sense straight away to do the temp seats for the semi well in advance and sold more tix from the off

The other games were not necessary at all.

Cost would have been significant for no return for the Japan Palestine game and the Oman V Kuwait effort. Semi could have been cost effective 3rd and 4th a bit iffy depending on opponents anyway

L
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Would have made sense straight away to do the temp seats for the semi well in advance and sold more tix from the off

The other games were not necessary at all.

Cost would have been significant for no return for the Japan Palestine game and the Oman V Kuwait effort. Semi could have been cost effective 3rd and 4th a bit iffy depending on opponents anyway
    Be worth it now as 3rd v 4th could be Australia or Japan. Surely either would still attract a good turn out, especially if it's iran as the opponent.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by redwah View Post
    L

Be worth it now as 3rd v 4th could be Australia or Japan. Surely either would still attract a good turn out, especially if it's iran as the opponent.
    Traditionally 3rd V 4th games are not that well supported.

People were buying them for the WC and tried flogging them off but were having a hard time giving them away. The game is an after thought for the losing semi finalists and the interest wanes.
    Usually good spectacles but when you have the 2 semis the final in the same area it is game no 4 on the interest demand stakes by a long long long way

Being though it may well be Australia the game will be well supported then. If it ain't involving Australia I do not envisage a sell out even if it is Korea/ Japan/ Iran match up.

Sure people will go but they ain't gonna be selling tickets hand over fist for it

Traditionally 3rd V 4th games are not that well supported.

People were buying them for the WC and tried flogging them off but were having a hard time giving them away. The game is an after thought for the losing semi finalists and the interest wanes.
    Usually good spectacles but when you have the 2 semis the final in the same area it is game no 4 on the interest demand stakes by a long long long way

Being though it may well be Australia the game will be well supported then. If it ain't involving Australia I do not envisage a sell out even if it is Korea/ Japan/ Iran match up.

Sure people will go but they ain't gonna be selling tickets hand over fist for it
    Fair enough....I think because of the 15000,17000 of 20000 for the first Japan game in newy, the fact that the Iranians are pretty well supported, the fact it could be the Aussies and it's only a 22000 capacity could see a healthy crowd, could be wrong though.

Why were we even given a semi? Serves them right. i want chair service as well

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Why were we even given a semi? Serves them right. i want chair service as well
    Good point.

Lets be honest no one here was expecting it and it came as a gift out of left field but in light of our support of the games we have had a case could have been argued to give us more of the rank and file group games also

They fixed your glad wrap problem lads.
    You done it.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    You done it.
    Woooo!

The marketer that came up with this has got themself a pay rise
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 23-01-2015 at 12:06 AM.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Woooo!

The marketer that came up with this has got themself a pay rise
    dont have to make your own box to avoid rippin & tearin

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    You done it.
    Read an article saying it will happen over the next few months. Need to maintain the rage....and the old style boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Read an article saying it will happen over the next few months. Need to maintain the rage....and the old style boxes.
    Yeah well you will need to fight that battle alone my friend.
    Plague don't do glad wrap, that shit is straight up women's work.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Just had a terrible hamburger at the takeaway in Branxton, staleish bun, bland patty and all round crap

Quote Originally Posted by sh10 View Post
    Just had a terrible hamburger at the takeaway in Branxton, staleish bun, bland patty and all round crap
    nice straya day then

Irony..
    Working as an hydrographer to measure flooding rivers, however am now stuck in my office because the adjacent creek has flooded bigtime..
    Hoping the waters will recede enough that I'll be able to get the car out and still make it back to Newy in time for the game tonight..