Page 50 of 98 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1953

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears?

Banned
    ****s in customer service who ask questions and then not listen to your answers.

How ****ing hard is it when making a sandwich at Subway that after asking what I want that they actually listen to my reply and take note of it so they don't have to ask me 4 times if I want this when I have already told them what I wanted???

Not rocket science.

Pay attention it isn't that hard

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    ****s in customer service who ask questions and then not listen to your answers.

How ****ing hard is it when making a sandwich at Subway that after asking what I want that they actually listen to my reply and take note of it so they don't have to ask me 4 times if I want this when I have already told them what I wanted???

Not rocket science.

Pay attention it isn't that hard
    Come on man, how many orders must they take every day? It's best they be doubly/triply sure they don't put something on your sandwich that you don't want.

It cost you maybe 15 seconds and a few more breaths. Chill out

Apple iOs.

Forced my wife's phone to upgrade because it said it was deleting apps to force the installation. Made them so slow (4S).

Has anyone made the change from Apple to Samsung? What are your thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Android is millions of times better than Apple

Apple force you to do everything in their stupid way, which is supposed to improve 'user experience' but basically just makes it so you can't do what you want and have to pay for it

I can see this discussion starting it's own new, nerdy, vitriolic thread

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    Android is millions of times better than Apple

Apple force you to do everything in their stupid way, which is supposed to improve 'user experience' but basically just makes it so you can't do what you want and have to pay for it

I can see this discussion starting it's own new, nerdy, vitriolic thread
    Might move it before it starts
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

I had a friend tell me that after over a decade of using Apple products, his switch to Android felt like what he imagined people who escape Scientology feel like. Apple is pretty much a cult, getting by with inferior products on the back of a monstrous amount of marketing.

WGMG, NCC sacking a GM costing $1,000,000 after he got a performance review that said he was meeting and exceeding some expectations
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Apple iOs.

Forced my wife's phone to upgrade because it said it was deleting apps to force the installation. Made them so slow (4S).

Has anyone made the change from Apple to Samsung? What are your thoughts?
    Convincing people that Apple is better than Samsung is like convoncing people Troy Hearfield is a more prolific goal scorer than Lionel Messi.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    WGMG, NCC
    Could have just said this

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    WGMG, NCC sacking a GM costing $1,000,000 after he got a performance review that said he was meeting and exceeding some expectations
    GM is a political appointment. hired and fired at the whim of the council.

what I don't get is why they did it now. you've got a premier hell bent on amalgamations, why give him ammunition?

i made the switch to an android phone about 3 years ago from an iphone to a galaxy s3 to an s5 (which i promptly lost a week after i got), then ended up with a motorola moto G

can easily say the motorola is the best of the bunch and a third of the price. native android (no shitty skins and bloatware like the samsungs), drag and drop efficiency, and can run SD cards to bump up the storage. rips it, won't change from the moto series

if you want to go outside of the walled garden, android is yer mate. some people don't like it though and are perfectly happy with the iphone (i.e. my parents, thank god it just works most of the time hahaha)

that being said - i'm a convert to a macbook pro for work (quad-core i7, 16gb ram with an SSD), the thing is bulletproof and shits on any other laptop i've used from a great height. space, heat and performance wise it outstrips anything else on the market, and the build quality is impeccable. if i need to run windows software i use an oracle virtualbox to run windows 10 in parallel.

50/50 fanboy signing out

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    i made the switch to an android phone about 3 years ago from an iphone to a galaxy s3 to an s5 (which i promptly lost a week after i got), then ended up with a motorola moto G

can easily say the motorola is the best of the bunch and a third of the price. native android (no shitty skins and bloatware like the samsungs), drag and drop efficiency, and can run SD cards to bump up the storage. rips it, won't change from the moto series

if you want to go outside of the walled garden, android is yer mate. some people don't like it though and are perfectly happy with the iphone (i.e. my parents, thank god it just works most of the time hahaha)

that being said - i'm a convert to a macbook pro for work (quad-core i7, 16gb ram with an SSD), the thing is bulletproof and shits on any other laptop i've used from a great height. space, heat and performance wise it outstrips anything else on the market, and the build quality is impeccable. if i need to run windows software i use an oracle virtualbox to run windows 10 in parallel.

50/50 fanboy signing out
    As a musician it pains me to say this but Macs piss all over the competition when it comes to DAW's. The reason is that Macs are electrically superior when it comes to grounding and that means no humming / digital noise when you record - the competition [if you can call it that] leave you with far too many clicks and pops.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    GM is a political appointment. hired and fired at the whim of the council.

what I don't get is why they did it now. you've got a premier hell bent on amalgamations, why give him ammunition?
    Ken was McCloys boy, and Nelmes made it clear from day one he was gone as soon as she could get rid of him.

Ken was in favour of a merger (for the right reasons is debatable).
    Nelmes and the rest know that ain't gonna fly politically so want someone who isn't as keen.
    Then there was the unprecedented decision by Nelmes to approve her own expenses. Ken was not cool with that.

So you can't give your mates a few grand in a paper bag yet you can sign off on anything you need from the ratepayers cash.

Seems fair.

McCloy back IN.

I also recently switched to a MacBook Pro.
    It is very good.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Ken was McCloys boy, and Nelmes made it clear from day one he was gone as soon as she could get rid of him.

Ken was in favour of a merger (for the right reasons is debatable).
    Nelmes and the rest know that ain't gonna fly politically so want someone who isn't as keen.
    Then there was the unprecedented decision by Nelmes to approve her own expenses. Ken was not cool with that.

So you can't give your mates a few grand in a paper bag yet you can sign off on anything you need from the ratepayers cash.

Seems fair.

McCloy back IN.
    This.

Mike Baird has a trigger to fire this rabble now. Bring it on.

50/50 fanboy signing out
    Moto G is great hey. Loved mine until the gf knocked it into a pond ops:

Now have the Moto G3 not releaseed yet in Australia, so it ain't all bad, viva españa etc. The G3 has a bigger screen (better visually but harder to hold), better camera and has some hand wavy things that make you feel like Harry Potter, but other than that it's the same and is also 3x as expensive as the first gen one so first gen is still king (have seen that for like $100, is ridiculous).
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    I also recently switched to a MacBook Pro.
    It is very good.
    Cool. Which DAW are you running ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Cool. Which DAW are you running ?
    Mostly the front DAW but if I've got washing to hang out i use the back DAW.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Moto G is great hey. Loved mine until the gf knocked it into a pond ops:

Now have the Moto G3 not releaseed yet in Australia, so it ain't all bad, viva españa etc. The G3 has a bigger screen (better visually but harder to hold), better camera and has some hand wavy things that make you feel like Harry Potter, but other than that it's the same and is also 3x as expensive as the first gen one so first gen is still king (have seen that for like $100, is ridiculous).
    Generally I find the range of phones available from overseas vastly superior to the shit we have on offer in this country.

Only problem when buying overseas you need to check phone cases batteries screen protectors are readily available whether on the net or with a comparable option in this country.

So easy to get caught out

Generally I find the range of phones available from overseas vastly superior to the shit we have on offer in this country.
    Jesus Christ the bloke makes one trip to Thailand to get lap dances off ladyboys and now he thinks he's Galileo.