Page 54 of 98 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1953

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears?

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Why the bloke was massively over rated

Yeah he had some decent stuff but his reputation is absurdly higher than it should be
    Go put on another Drake diss track and shut up.

You know nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    of all the dumb shit you've ever said this rates about second or third on the list
    What is rated first?
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

The saddest part is that there are a LOT of people out there today saying "yeah, well Dave Grohl plays all his instruments too".

And this is not a knock on Dave Grohl but Jesus Christ some people are weird.

Why the bloke was massively over rated

Yeah he had some decent stuff but his reputation is absurdly higher than it should be
    He played pretty much all the instruments on his recordings and only really used a band for live work.

Played a piano like Rubinstein and had pretty much mastered the guitar as well.

His song writing and style were years ahead of the pack as well. Nearly 30 years on and the Sign of the Times album still sounds fresh - and why wouldn't it when everyone since has been trying to emulate it.

Much like Bowie, Prince was a once in a life time musician / artist who will be talked about and studied for a very long time.

Sad day indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    He played pretty much all the instruments on his recordings and only really used a band for live work.

Played a piano like Rubinstein and had pretty much mastered the guitar as well.

His song writing and style were years ahead of the pack as well. Nearly 30 years on and the Sign of the Times album still sounds fresh - and why wouldn't it when everyone since has been trying to emulate it.

Much like Bowie, Prince was a once in a life time musician / artist who will be talked about and studied for a very long time.

Sad day indeed.
    The Mozart of the 21st Century
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    of all the dumb shit you've ever said this rates about second or third on the list

the man is a god damn musical icon, and i thought you, of all people would be getting around the bloke

he did not give a **** what anyone thought of him. dude couldn't care if people thought he was gay, straight, washed-up, a weirdo or whatever, he just went and did it. he was also a christian fundamentalist who didn't believe in the gay marriages but whatever. he's prince. he is the griff of music. untouchable. you can't stop the magic.
    Hey each to their own. I just don't rate him as highly as others do.

To me there are plenty of artists out there who were better. There are many artists I think are over rated

He is just one of them. Hell some people fap off at The Stones and The Who and The Led

Me I think they are nothing special

Hey each to their own. I just don't rate him as highly as others do.

To me there are plenty of artists out there who were better. There are many artists I think are over rated

He is just one of them. Hell some people fap off at The Stones and The Who and The Led

yeah but theres a difference between you not liking someone, which is absolutely correct, and them being 'overrated'.
    i mean, 100 million albums, Grammys and an Oscar are probably a good indicators that plenty of people rated him quite highly.

and I'm with you on Zeppelin and the Who (some Stones stuff is ok) but you can't call them overrated.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    yeah but theres a difference between you not liking someone, which is absolutely correct, and them being 'overrated'.
    i mean, 100 million albums, Grammys and an Oscar are probably a good indicators that plenty of people rated him quite highly.

and I'm with you on Zeppelin and the Who (some Stones stuff is ok) but you can't call them overrated.
    One Direction Justin Bieber Brittany Spears have probably sold 100 million albums I wouldnt think that means they are talented now does it??

As for the Stones they haven't put out a decent album in 40 ****ing years

But people still fap over them

cheer up guys, you dont really fkn care anyway, its only fap time when someone "popular" departs. and that lasts 30mins (cept for the lonely chicks with purple hair, cry fest for a week) tomorrow there'll be tears over a brand new disaster....sh1t have kitkats disappeared?

go back to your bondage parlours, jimbeam and sports watching.... better? better.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    cheer up guys, you dont really fkn care anyway, its only fap time when someone "popular" departs. and that lasts 30mins (cept for the lonely chicks with purple hair, cry fest for a week) tomorrow there'll be tears over a brand new disaster....sh1t have kitkats disappeared?

go back to your bondage parlours, jimbeam and sports watching.... better? better.

you have a heart of stone and have probably never owned a labrador puppy.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    you have a heart of stone and have probably never owned a labrador puppy.
    time to stop singing into the hairbrush

One Direction Justin Bieber Brittany Spears have probably sold 100 million albums I wouldnt think that means they are talented now does it??

As for the Stones they haven't put out a decent album in 40 ****ing years

But people still fap over them

depends on your definition of talent i guess.

i think it takes talent to make kids buy your stuff when the songs aint that good.

also, it says more about how people consume their music these days but Bieber sold 15.5m albums, Britney between 90-100m.
    Seems like I am WRONG

also The Scorpions sold about 75m albums.

holy freaking hell theres some people out there who love them some Winds of Change.
    Seems like I am WRONG

music is personal anyway. If you love it, play it. We shouldnt judge.

Btw pretty sad that anyone passes on at 57 cept for crims

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    music is personal anyway. If you love it, play it. We shouldnt judge.
    amen to that
    Seems like I am WRONG

Now I have to fight you....judge great bands on their legacy. Bands like that don't have to prove anything to the "cool" brigade.

Members been outside yelling at clouds all day its fantastic bring on the offseason.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Now I have to fight you....judge great bands on their legacy. Bands like that don't have to prove anything to the "cool" brigade.
    geez man the word legacy is scary though. you can't just blot out bands that go on for too long. you think guns n roses should be swanning around vegas with Axl in a wheelchair or should they have quit after Appetite for Destruction?

Longevity is a curse in that industry.
    Seems like I am WRONG

I think we need to look at some of the things they have contributed to modern music Plague - sure you might not like the sounds, or think they are over-rated. Personally, I am no fan of Led Zep and can't stand "Stairway", but I acknowledge the influence they had on many young metal bands to come.

The Stones made everyone aware of the original blues roots of rock and developed the "stadium gig" to the money spinner it is now. Jagger was the first real "frontman" of rock.

The Who made Marshall's what they are now, had the greatest bass player of all time and one of rocks most influential songwriters - Townshend even predicted the internet in 1970 when he wrote "Lifehouse".

As for longevity - who are we to say when a band should pack it in? As long as they are physically capable, enjoy it and have punters willing to pay why stop? The baby boomer bands are going to places where nobody else has thanks to longer life spans - will be interesting to see if anyone follows.

Music is a culture of very differing opinions - it's the beauty of it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    I think we need to look at some of the things they have contributed to modern music Plague - sure you might not like the sounds, or think they are over-rated. Personally, I am no fan of Led Zep and can't stand "Stairway", but I acknowledge the influence they had on many young metal bands to come.

The Stones made everyone aware of the original blues roots of rock and developed the "stadium gig" to the money spinner it is now. Jagger was the first real "frontman" of rock.

The Who made Marshall's what they are now, had the greatest bass player of all time and one of rocks most influential songwriters - Townshend even predicted the internet in 1970 when he wrote "Lifehouse".

As for longevity - who are we to say when a band should pack it in? As long as they are physically capable, enjoy it and have punters willing to pay why stop? The baby boomer bands are going to places where nobody else has thanks to longer life spans - will be interesting to see if anyone follows.
    Music is a culture of very differing opinions - it's the beauty of it.
    Yep bang on

That why I can say Prince is overrated

Same with the Stones The Led and The Who

Not my thing.

Others can knock themselves out but I ain't interested in them and hold differing views on who are great musos

Anyway back to yelling at the clouds