Page 58 of 98 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1953

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    New shapes flavours. Tried them for the first time yesterday. Cheddar shapes taste more like the old cheese and bacon ones. Not a fan.

Haven't been this angry since the glad wrap cutter
    Why do they even bother.

BBQ and Savoury Shapes can stay - the rest can all **** off. I feel your pain.

yes cheese and bacon rock. dont trust anyone that doesnt eat bacon.

Football laws...would like some feedback. I feel the laws are too complicated and are ruining the game. The main ones I have issue with....

Handball - it used to be simple, if the hand moves toward the ball deliberately it's handball. All this rubbish about un-natural positions etc makes it far too subjective. You should be able to protect yourself too.

Holding in the box - you put your arms around someone at a corner, penalty. Why does it just get totally ignored now and we see WWF at each corner?

Tackle from behind
    - was originally brought in to stop Gentile types scything studs up from behind on Maradona types which was fair enough. But now a fair tackle with the bootlaces, getting the ball is a foul (a la Boogs).

Physical contact
    - harden up. Arms flail when jumping for the ball, knees go into backs, there are (legal) shoulder charges - all part of the game. But poofs roll on the ground and get free kicks and yellow cards for offenders.

Offside - go back to the old rule. Only offside if you play the ball.

Watch some games from the 70's - any league. Never seemed to do any more people harm than now.

Have you read the new rule book released a few weeks ago?

Also... WGMG, inadvertent homophobia. Sick of dealing with the serious results of people's lack of value on the impact on others of the words they choose to use.

Handball- this is to prevent things like birraz a few seasons ago when he came out like a massive X and jumped at the kicker and it hit his arm and he was sent. Like is this ok? Cause the ball hit his arm? Like defenders can use their arms to make themselves look bigger and harder to get around. Next we will have defenders with hands up in the walls, but sir, my arm was there the whole time, the ball hit it...
    Holding - agree, I think a lot of it is 2 ways. Skrtel used to rugby tackle players to the ground.

The offside one is interesting. Defenders crying wolf has probably lead to this being changed a lot.

Banned
    The offside one is just complete garbage.

Passive offside can see a bloke get a 10 yard head start on his marker.

Ball gets played down the flank. Early ball in

The bloke in the offside position is then advantaged by being offside.

Happens far too often.

Yet you see ridiculous offsides pulled up where an attacker is offside and runs back towards his own goal and is on half way and gets pulled up when he receives the ball and nothing is happening. We get a needless free kick when no one got an advantage

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post

Yet you see ridiculous offsides pulled up where an attacker is offside and runs back towards his own goal and is on half way and gets pulled up when he receives the ball and nothing is happening. We get a needless free kick when no one got an advantage
    I reckon the advantage for the attacker in that situation comes from bind able to "arrive from nowhere" effectively being able to blindside a defender by being behind him - in an illegal position.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    I reckon the advantage for the attacker in that situation comes from bind able to "arrive from nowhere" effectively being able to blindside a defender by being behind him - in an illegal position.
    Most of the time in this situation the defender knows exactly where the striker is and is just beaten to the ball by the striker

Add in that most of the time in this scenario the attacker is usually only a yard from being onside and if is a bit picking technicality that just sees play needlessly stopped by a free kick

Completely needless delay where neither team is actually impacted.

Those watching are the ones who see a needless restart added thanks to some useless ****ing rule

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Have you read the new rule book released a few weeks ago?

Also... WGMG, inadvertent homophobia. Sick of dealing with the serious results of people's lack of value on the impact on others of the words they choose to use.
    Homophobic and negligent for saying the "p" word as a descriptor? Please don't Gaz.

I hear more gay guys call themselves that than straights!

I'll have to put away 30% of my Monty Python's Flying Circus collection too.

Will try to be good from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Homophobic and negligent for saying the "p" word as a descriptor? Please don't Gaz.
    Just getting tired of counseling suicidal teenagers still discovering their sexuality and terrified of coming out as they are fearful of their sexuality being accepted by anyone beyond their imitate friendship circle because of the way words like poof, poofter, faggot and gay are used so loosely by so many as a derogatory comment.

The English language has so many other verbs, nouns and adjectives we can use to describe and insult each other with.

Maybe I'll feel differently if I get to go a week without having to deal with a young person struggling with feeling accepted.

/rant

Carry on.

Offside rules. **** me they make it more complicated every time they try to simplify it

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    I'm with you on that Gav - I think we should be a bit firmer about it on the forum

I'm legitimately shocked that no one has hit Mr Fish with the "yeah so how come black people can call each other n***a its a double standard" defence.

I think we're pretty tough on the offside rule

The offside one is just complete garbage.

Passive offside can see a bloke get a 10 yard head start on his marker.

Ball gets played down the flank. Early ball in

The bloke in the offside position is then advantaged by being offside.

Happens far too often.
    Gospel.
    Blight on the game.

The second the bloke hanging offside turns and runs get yer flag up and if he's a gypo card the sorry ass povo prick.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    I'm legitimately shocked that no one has hit Mr Fish with the "yeah so how come black people can call each other n***a its a double standard" defence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post

I hear more gay guys call themselves that than straights!

I'll have to put away 30% of my Monty Python's Flying Circus collection too.

Will try to be good from now on.
    ^
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Banned
    Wayne Rooney's hair

Going bald one minute

Then has a full head of hair

Now going more and more bald every passing day

Seriously he have some type of rug and the carpet fibre keep coming out or what??

Wayne Rooney's hair

Going bald one minute

Then has a full head of hair

Now going more and more bald every passing day

Seriously he have some type of rug and the carpet fibre keep coming out or what??

Wayne Rooney
    +1

Cold mornings

Quote Originally Posted by Superdylan View Post
    Cold mornings
    You're getting in before it gets cold?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles