Page 60 of 98 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1953

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears?

Boarding and getting off planes - never know why there is a stampede to board ASAP when you have allocated seating?

And why do people need to jump up, push and shove and grab their carry on luggage as soon as the plane comes to a halt? They seem to think the doors will swing open immediately. The long queue of squashed people in the aisle holding their luggage while I sit and make a couple of calls amuses me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Boarding and getting off planes - never know why there is a stampede to board ASAP when you have allocated seating?

And why do people need to jump up, push and shove and grab their carry on luggage as soon as the plane comes to a halt? They seem to think the doors will swing open immediately. The long queue of squashed people in the aisle holding their luggage while I sit and make a couple of calls amuses me.
    1st one is to steal everyones overhead luggage space when you bring 29391 bags on board.

What annoys me the most is the ****wits at the baggage claim that stand right at the conveyer belt, nothing I like more than barging my way through and hitting people with my bag as I swing it off.

Point 1) I like to get in early as there is nothing worse than assholes taking up the overhead compartment with the 57 bags they snuck through Stevie Wonder on the gate. Especially on international I don't want to be trudging up the aisle to get shit out of my backpack during a flight. The spot above my seat is mine and I'll thrown hands with anyone who tries to take it.

Point 2) you are 100% spot on. In fact we have a game where everyone in our crew on a flight gets to pick which asshole is first to jump out of their seat before the seatbelt sign goes off on arrival. Its great for end of season trips as 20 blokes point and laugh at some idiot standing there. Highly recommend it.

Hahaha Skippy and I look set for a showdown one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdylan View Post
    Lol its just frustrating. Having 2 cats and a dog means we have to have a doggy door. Harder to keep inside warm.
    How's that doggy door situation SD?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Point 1) I like to get in early as there is nothing worse than assholes taking up the overhead compartment with the 57 bags they snuck through Stevie Wonder on the gate. Especially on international I don't want to be trudging up the aisle to get shit out of my backpack during a flight. The spot above my seat is mine and I'll thrown hands with anyone who tries to take it.

Point 2) you are 100% spot on. In fact we have a game where everyone in our crew on a flight gets to pick which asshole is first to jump out of their seat before the seatbelt sign goes off on arrival. Its great for end of season trips as 20 blokes point and laugh at some idiot standing there. Highly recommend it.
    Some must think point 1 is a status symbol - two weeks ago I got on at Brissy and was about 20th in line. Made my way to my seat, no bags at all - one guy already in his aisle seat buckled up, I was window seat. The looks and the huffing and puffing as I dared an "excuse me".

Some must think point 1 is a status symbol - two weeks ago I got on at Brissy and was about 20th in line. Made my way to my seat, no bags at all - one guy already in his aisle seat buckled up, I was window seat. The looks and the huffing and puffing as I dared an "excuse me".
    Nah, it's a convenience thing. If you're on a long flight (6hrs+) you don't want to be walking up and down aisles getting stuff from your backpack because the flight attendant made you put it somewhere else.

How often do you jerks get shit out of your bags

I do hate the jerks who steal the spot above your seat though. Had a bloke across the aisle, and a row back, put his bag in my spot once (and basically the whole cabin was free) because "he liked to have a good view of the spot his bag was". I then put my bag directly above him, and made a point of getting shit out of it multiple times not through need but just to wind him up
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    How often do you jerks get shit out of your bags
    It's better than being that asshole that gets EVERYTHING out pre-flight and sets up a base camp.
    Headphones, media player, spare water.
    Then sometimes if you gotta work you get your laptop out.
    Jumper, socks etc.

You just let the mood of the flight guide you. Legroom is vital, why clog it up with shit you don't need?

Also, if there's no one in my row but some asshole has his bag in my spot I have no qualms at all pushing that bag out of my way to get my preferred spot. It also sends a clear message to the plane that I am not a man to be messed with. I feel it sets a good tone. Let's everyone understand that "I am the captain now".

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    "I am the captain now".
    Alright, Youssef Hersei

I'm loudly and proudly a base-camp kinda guy. Jumpers/socks either in the seat slip in front or underneath chair. That seat slip fits a surprising amount in, and doesn't really invade said legroom (which when you wrote it I read as "le groom" ops: )
    OK

Alright, Youssef Hersei

I'm loudly and proudly a base-camp kinda guy. Jumpers/socks either in the seat slip in front or underneath chair. That seat slip fits a surprising amount in, and doesn't really invade said legroom (which when you wrote it I read as "le groom" ops: )
    Get back to your Pokemon, sheepv4...

tbh it's great when the airline starts cracking down on your multiple bag pests at the gate, while ya just cruise through with your smartly organised carryon that fits safely in the overhead compartment

i reckon i'd buy one of those travel jackets if i traveled more for work etc, i love traveling with no shit, exciting stuff. if i didn't have to take a bag i'd be frothing

Alright, Youssef Hersei

So you're 4'9"?

Banned
    I get up as soon as plane pulls to a halt.

My goal is to get off the thing as quickly as possible

If I travelling around Oz i have carry on anyway so the quicker i off plane then the quicker i off and on my way.

If I travelling OS and have checked well I am also in a hurry to get to the immigration queues. Last thing I want to be doing is getting stuck behind a plane load of people

You can sit waiting making calls for all I care just don't hold me up

Your right about the halfwords though who charge onto a plane to have to wait.
    I always in the last 10% now.

What's the point of getting on early and then having to wait for some twat to get up and get shit out of their bag holding 100 other people up??

Stroll on at your l leisure and go sit down

As for Plagues remark about people getting too much shit out of bag.

Better to be that person than the prat who sits in the terminal for an hour doing nothing and then gets on the plane and after everyone is seated and ready has to get up as in the hour they were in the terminal wasnt enough time to get that one ****ing item out of the bag that they need

What's more irritating is the ****ing prats who get off the plane and walk at a tenth of the pace they can. I am purposely walking to stretch the body out and don't want to be held up by some dense ****s walking 3 abreast at a snail's pace

What about the twits who on takeoff jump up and run to the toilet as soon as the seatbelt sign goes off? Can't you piss before boarding?

Lock themselves in for 10 mins (on a 60 min trip to Mel/Bris) - I reckon they are keen to get a mile high wank in to say they've done it.....

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    I get up as soon as plane pulls to a halt.

My goal is to get off the thing as quickly as possible

If I travelling around Oz i have carry on anyway so the quicker i off plane then the quicker i off and on my way.

If I travelling OS and have checked well I am also in a hurry to get to the immigration queues. Last thing I want to be doing is getting stuck behind a plane load of people

You can sit waiting making calls for all I care just don't hold me up
    I frigging hate a-holes who do that.

Unless you've got a connecting flight with a ridiculously short turn around what's the hurry.

if you want to get off so bad why don't you just get a seat at the back (if yer on a domestic) or closer to the front of the plane? the 10 bucks or whatever is a small price to pay if you're OCD enough to worry about it

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    What's more irritating is the ****ing prats who get off the plane and walk at a tenth of the pace they can. I am purposely walking to stretch the body out and don't want to be held up by some dense ****s walking 3 abreast at a snail's pace
    What? you move fast?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    if you want to get off so bad why don't you just get a seat at the back (if yer on a domestic) or closer to the front of the plane? the 10 bucks or whatever is a small price to pay if you're OCD enough to worry about it
    I do that

Always book aisle seat at front of plane

Got ****ed over taking a domestic flight around Thailand in May

Was on one of those 80 seater things. You know the ones Hawk has a private jet

****s had the door at the back Here I was at the front