Page 71 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 1953

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears?

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post

How is everyone else doing with it this year ?
    paying someone well smarter than I.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

People getting all high and mighty over Bernard Tomic.
    If they've invested any emotional capital into a bloke they've never met nor ever will then they are the suckers, not Bernie.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    People getting all high and mighty over Bernard Tomic.
    If they've invested any emotional capital into a bloke they've never met nor ever will then they are the suckers, not Bernie.
    I've met the bloke half cut in a Goldy nightclub around 5 years ago. Was a legend. Ended up shouting us drinks and having a good chat. Few photos. Nothing like the way he's portrayed. I can see why he gets the shits every now and again.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Nothing like the way he's portrayed.
    That's because the people 'portraying' him believe that Tomic owes them something.

Can only imagine old Bernie would rip it up in the Goldy bars. Good on him.

I saw an article asking why us plebs are allowed to get bored, underwhelmed, not motivated, have slack days, etc for our jobs but Bernie isn't allowed to.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I saw an article asking why us plebs are allowed to get bored, underwhelmed, not motivated, have slack days, etc for our jobs but Bernie isn't allowed to.
    Precisely. People used to get so mad at BK for not diving, but surely he was allowed to be unmotivated and have a few slack days every now and then?

Because Tomic was given MAGICAL TENNIS POWERS that made him good but he refuses to use them to a level which 'we' are happy with because if we had those same magical tennis powers we'd totally be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by steve136 View Post
    Precisely. People used to get so mad at BK for not diving, but surely he was allowed to be unmotivated and have a few slack days every now and then?
    Exactly. Difference being, BK gets replaced. We still come crawling back for Bernie
    OK

Exactly. Difference being, BK gets replaced. We still come crawling back for Bernie
    I find it amazing that people find it acceptable to demand a player perform to their predetermined standard rather than just going and cheering someone else on who more represents those behaviours.

I mean, you want 'fight' and 'mongrel' and 'grit'? Nadals right there for you.

You want elegance and grace? Go check out Federer.

You want dominance? There's Serena, but noooooooooooooo, until Tomic satisfies all those requirements ima carry on like a moron.

People are weird.

I find it amazing that people find it acceptable to demand a player perform to their predetermined standard rather than just going and cheering someone else on who more represents those behaviours.

I mean, you want 'fight' and 'mongrel' and 'grit'? Nadals right there for you.

You want elegance and grace? Go check out Federer.

You want dominance? There's Serena, but noooooooooooooo, until Tomic satisfies all those requirements ima carry on like a moron.

People are weird.
    That's nationalism for you Plague. People just want Tomic to Make Australia Great Again.

Quote Originally Posted by steve136 View Post
    That's nationalism for you Plague. People just want Tomic to Make Australia Great Again.
    Yeah I get that, but geez I don't hear much complaining about Duckworth, or Stoltenberg or Kokkinakis for not winning any majors.

These people seem very selective with their performance expectations.

chris guccione is a red-headed ethnic but somehow escapes criticism

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    Silly ranga couldn't even play with the correct hand yet crickets from the peanut gallery on that bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    ethnicity has never been an issue here. Thats added in as a kicker when describing aids ridden gypo twats like tomic and his boyfriend kyrio.

lol but, tommy hasnt killed anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    thought it just took a while for the pre-filled stuff to come in from banks/employers/etc. had no problems with it last year.
    Yes. I think you are correct. I just checked last years and I didn't do it until August.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    ethnicity has never been an issue here. Thats added in as a kicker when describing aids ridden gypo twats like tomic and his boyfriend kyrio.

lol but, tommy hasnt killed anyone.
    i see your post and raise you one dawn fraser

Yeah I get that, but geez I don't hear much complaining about Duckworth, or Stoltenberg or Kokkinakis for not winning any majors.

These people seem very selective with their performance expectations.
    Tomic and Kyrios are probably the only two players on the tour that interest me these days. The rest are mostly media controlled muppets that never tell it like it is.

You take these types away from the game and you will end up with a product nobody cares to watch.

Safan, Nastase, Ralston, Gonzales, Roddick, Agassi, Connors, McEnroe, Becker... these loose cannons are what made the game the billion dollar industry it now is.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 11-07-2017 at 01:17 PM.

Product from some players is fine. I could watch Wawrinka and Fed smoke winners all day. Kyrgios' shotmaking is pretty unreal too. I find it hard to be a fan though

What really grinds my gears about tennis these days is how the courts are too slow and bounce too much - making the game as boring as bat shit to watch compared to how it was 12 years ago or more.
    And don't get me started on that synthetic grass shit you see everywhere - they should all be torn up and replaced with either clay or plexipave to give our kids a fighting chance if they want to be professionals one day.

The match below is why we need to go back to fast courts - it was magnificent to watch.

Last edited by The Dunster; 11-07-2017 at 01:56 PM.

modern management