Page 82 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 1953

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears?

This is pure madness... 2 billions... And we can't even get rid of grass area behind goal posts At newy stadium which by the way makes us look like so ****ing amateurs.....
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

windows 10. seem to spend most of my time googling "ways to speed up windows 10" or "why is windows 10 so slow?"

How many goes do these Sydney assholes need at building a stad.

Fk them, if they build a POS the first time then wallow in it.

Then in 30 years time after other regions in NSW get theirs then the sydney rimming grubs can have another one.

As for their transport im sure the 100 bill that they squandering on roads, trains and light rail will improve things by 1 min 30 secs

WGMG is people that can't take a piss standing up complaining about equal pay. There is no gender pay gap. Differences exist because you seek flexibility and you don't ask for pay increases. Get over it.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 27-11-2017 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    WGMG is people that can't take a piss standing up complaining about equal pay. There is no gender pay gap. Differences exist because you seek flexibility and you don't ask for pay increases. Get over it.
    There is a pay gap, and it is that males get paid more than females on average. But it's because the genders are on average doing different jobs/industries and it all comes down to individual, and gender, choices rather than an ingrained system that pays females less for the same work. Show me a male mechanic working in WA mines that gets paid more than a female mechanic doing the same - you can't. But show me that same male mechanic getting paid more than a female hairdresser in Newcastle working 3 days a week because she's just come off maternity leave and that's what they're claiming is an evident paygap - which is a sack of bullshit. Pay gaps in the sense that females argue exist, just don't. It's all about choices. What would be the percentage of Fly In Fly Out workers that are male as opposed to female? A really casual assumption is 80% would be male. But nah the chick behind the bar at Club Macquarie in Cockle Creek should get paid as much hey #imwithher #isthattherighthashtag
    OK

I think there is probably a slight pay gap. But nothing anywhere near like what is reported. Statistics on this are so grossly misused its embarrassing. Add to this your points and also the fact that in many professions now there is positive discrimination towards female candidates and it starts grinding my gears too. And don't get me started on the fuss over equal prize money for eg tennis grand slams. I got no issue with them wanting to improve their compensation but playing the discrimination card and equality etc draws a long bow imo. Less tennis, less quality, less viewers, same prize money

When you're Don Bourke and you ask a Co-worker for a root and she takes that as sexual harassment and not a request for more geraniums.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    When you're Don Bourke and you ask a Co-worker for a root and she takes that as sexual harassment and not a request for more geraniums.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    There is a pay gap, and it is that males get paid more than females on average. But it's because the genders are on average doing different jobs/industries and it all comes down to individual, and gender, choices rather than an ingrained system that pays females less for the same work. Show me a male mechanic working in WA mines that gets paid more than a female mechanic doing the same - you can't. But show me that same male mechanic getting paid more than a female hairdresser in Newcastle working 3 days a week because she's just come off maternity leave and that's what they're claiming is an evident paygap - which is a sack of bullshit. Pay gaps in the sense that females argue exist, just don't. It's all about choices. What would be the percentage of Fly In Fly Out workers that are male as opposed to female? A really casual assumption is 80% would be male. But nah the chick behind the bar at Club Macquarie in Cockle Creek should get paid as much hey #imwithher #isthattherighthashtag

Haha, you have nailed it!

I think there are probably a few instances of females in the exact same position as males getting paid less, but as you have pointed out, that's not the rhetoric we're being given by and large

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    Haha, you have nailed it!

I think there are probably a few instances of females in the exact same position as males getting paid less, but as you have pointed out, that's not the rhetoric we're being given by and large
    pretty sure Hawk pays his maids and butlers the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    pretty sure Hawk pays his maids and butlers the same.
    for sure, same job same pay. the accountant does get a little more, amazing what they can do

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    as a sydney wanker - if you fix the transport into allianz and build a great stadium that learns from the mistakes of the past (ANZ) you will see an increase in attendance

the tram will be immeasurably good for the precinct, also for randwick races as well. people can cry about sports getting money but fk them, sports are great and hospitals are BORING
    yeah the light rail is needed because Allianz is a nightmare to get to, but i can't see the need to tear the stadium down and start again.

ANZ is an even bigger mystery to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    yeah the light rail is needed because Allianz is a nightmare to get to, but i can't see the need to tear the stadium down and start again.

ANZ is an even bigger mystery to me.
    i can accept that allianz isn't up to current safety standards, and from the last time i was there, the crowd amenities weren't all that great. built in 87 wasn't it? 40 years is pretty close to the useful life of a stadium i would expect.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...cine-and-space

ahem

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    Hahaha, you serious? One of the most subjective elements, the differences between players, let alone genders at an athletic level makes this "argument" null and void.

Wow, didn’t realise that super netball was actually so well paid..compared to other sports worldwide. Good on them.

I think this “pay difference” is largely due to the fact that 10-15 years ago, women wouldn’t be even playing sport professionally, if at all. The popularity of women’s sport has taken off over the last 5 years as it transitioned from semi professional to professional. The wages and pay will continue to rise.

I think the only realistic way to look at it is if you have 2 identical people, with same/similar education, experience and ability.

Sport wise, I don’t think anybody could really argue that women are as good as the males skill wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    I think the only realistic way to look at it is if you have 2 identical people, with same/similar education, experience and ability.
    100%

And I believe we'll find there is no gender pay gap when looking at it that way.

Anyone feel free to show me relevant examples to prove me wrong.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    Yeah I mean why doesn't Sam Kerr get those swaggy jetlag sunnies like Aaron Mooy did ffs.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Wow, didn’t realise that super netball was actually so well paid..compared to other sports worldwide. Good on them.

I think this “pay difference” is largely due to the fact that 10-15 years ago, women wouldn’t be even playing sport professionally, if at all. The popularity of women’s sport has taken off over the last 5 years as it transitioned from semi professional to professional. The wages and pay will continue to rise.

Sport wise, I don’t think anybody could really argue that women are as good as the males skill wise.
    Women are far better than males in sports like ultra long distance swimming.

Women are far better than males in sports like ultra long distance swimming.
    Yeah but who the **** would pay to watch it?