Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: The Best Coffee In Novocastria Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    No clue when it comes to coffee, I don't drink much and pretty much only instant when I do.

I'm not a craft beer afficionado or anything close - but I think if anyone can't tell the difference between say a VB/New/etc and a pale ale you're kidding yourself. There are definitely beers I much prefer to others when given the choice.
    I find the hangover the next day is the measure of any beer. Anyone that's downed a dozen or more silver bullets back in the day will understand what I mean. They made you crook as a dog the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    Pretty good list.

My usual haunts for a quick coffee are The Locale and The Hood. Used to be huge into Corner Lane but found my last few to be a bit hit and miss.

Also, Swell on Llewelyn St is pretty solid. And Bolton Street Pantry.

If only they knew how to make coffee in western Sydney. Can't find anything better than a 7/10 around here, other than a few places in Parra.
    haha I used to be head barista at both of those joints owned by the same people, so I will take that as a compliment.

I just drink cold brew now, the guy at the markets that sells it does a great job if I can't be ****ed making my own.

All I drink is double shots of espresso in a 90ml espresso cup. I can't bring myself to put sugar or milk into it as it destroys the flavour and aroma.
    I'm currently on the hunt for a coffee machine to save a few bucks - but doing the maths it will take about 5 years before I break even - if I'm lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    All I drink is double shots of espresso in a 90ml espresso cup. I can't bring myself to put sugar or milk into it as it destroys the flavour and aroma.
    I'm currently on the hunt for a coffee machine to save a few bucks - but doing the maths it will take about 5 years before I break even - if I'm lucky.
    And can I get a machine that fills a cup. This 60ml of supposed "good" coffee is for mice (& roaches).

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    And can I get a machine that fills a cup. This 60ml of supposed "good" coffee is for mice (& roaches).
    Your Gulfstream G550 should have come with a coffee machine Hawk.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    If I was going to get a home coffee machine and had Hawk like cash the only machine to purchase is a La marzocco GS3 about the $8k mark, something a bit more reasonable is the La marzocco Linea Mini aorund the $5k mark, but just as importantly as the machine is the grinder and a mazzer mini about $1k is the go.

A good grinder is as important if not more important than the machine so factor that into your costs.

As for my home coffee, I run a hario skerton hand grinder, bonavita electric kettle which allows temp control and precise pouring and a chemex as the pour over device, either that or buy a bottle of cold brew from the guy at the farmers markets and have it on ice.

I have a kettle and some blend 43.

My dad used to swear by this....