Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Best Coffee In Novocastria Thread

Anyone had a coffee at the Macadamia Castle near Ballina - awesome and locally produced.

The barista there guarantees that you will be satisfied otherwise a remake or refund.

Shame it will be bypassed in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    parrently 5 union has good coffee. should check it out. may have to grind a bean though.
    I see what you did there.. hahaha.. Pecker was telling me you get there to sample the beans a bit..

Quote Originally Posted by skippy View Post
    thats the one, beans are delish hopefully he has good people on the machine
    No idea who was behind the machine, two young bearded blokes.

Flavour wise, really good but not remotely hot enough and far too milky (probably as a result of not being hot enough).

a mate of mine swears by one penny black in Hunter st mall.
    I had a decent cup at ground floor in Hunter st once.
    Apparently darkhorse is well worth the look, a coffee shop with antique furniture shop attached - planning on taking the Mrs there for a little date. I think it's in islington
    a few people at the Mrs work also love the cafe attached to the nursery just on newcastle-side of Greenhills on the main road

I've not been in the office regularly for a few months... didn't realise there was also a new place opened up in Darby St, the old Pacific Dreams building. Will be checking that out soon as well.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    a few people at the Mrs work also love the cafe attached to the nursery just on newcastle-side of Greenhills on the main road
    My office is just near Greenhills and I can't even picture where this nursery/cafe is?

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    My office is just near Greenhills and I can't even picture where this nursery/cafe is?
    Heritage Gardens Nursery, at a guess.

I think we worked out in the old foz that you and I do the opposite trips each day, Grimario..
    Maito to Newy and Newy to Maito yeah?..

I think we worked out in the old foz that you and I do the opposite trips each day, Grimario..
    Maito to Newy and Newy to Maito yeah?..
    Sure do. House swap? My missus goes out to Charlestown 4-5 days a week for work as well. Madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Sure do. House swap? My missus goes out to Charlestown 4-5 days a week for work as well. Madness.
    Hahaha.. Ahhh man, should have mentioned earlier.. I had been looking for someone to rent my place while I'm in Europe for 11 weeks..
    Rent was going to give me a massive fisting while travelling.. Sorted now though..

Anyway, back to coffee.. As i've said previously.. I am "not allowed" to try out any other coffees around the East Maitland area due to g/f owning Slices Deli.. (I get in enough shit off her if I go to get Noodle Box or Sushi for lunch instead, haha)

"not allowed" meaning that if I go elsewhere, I keep it highly under wraps..

you can see it from the main road. Between where the freeway-end joins the road and green hills, on your left if you're heading towards Maitland

you can see it from the main road. Between where the freeway-end joins the road and green hills, on your left if you're heading towards Maitland
    Ahhhhhh yeah.. I was thinking you meant the literal Greenhills shopping centre..
    I know where it is now.. I've seen the advertising for the cafe on that main stretch a bit, never stopped in though..

a mate of mine swears by one penny black in Hunter st mall.
    I had a decent cup at ground floor in Hunter st once.
    Apparently darkhorse is well worth the look, a coffee shop with antique furniture shop attached - planning on taking the Mrs there for a little date. I think it's in islington
    Wife got oone from One Penny Black - place smelt odd

No idea who was behind the machine, two young bearded blokes.

Flavour wise, really good but not remotely hot enough and far too milky (probably as a result of not being hot enough).
    Yeah I went in today as well, pretty much the same outcome tasted good but needed to be a bit hotter.

Than wandered down to One Penny Black for one, it was spot on only went with the blackstar coffee, but they do single origins there as well which may be worth a shot.

Lately I have also been to Salunas on Hunter st, near the greater union, they use Di bella beans which are a Brisbane coffee they do a single origin as well. It was pretty good as well.

Coffee On Crown: Roast there own I believe, I wasn't happy with my coffee, no crema, really acid taste to it. Have heard good things from others but maybe I just got a shit one.

Glee Roasters on darby st: Just a little hole in the wall coffee shop, but roast there own as well, have been there twice had there Akiko blend, have had a really really good coffee both times, it seems to have a really high caffeine content as after 1 piccolo I have been buzzing.

Also did not realise that a pre-requisite for being a barista was having a shitty beard, every damn place.

The amount of money I spend on coffee, I am seriously considering putting in a request for a pod machine of some sort for the office.

I've not been in the office regularly for a few months... didn't realise there was also a new place opened up in Darby St, the old Pacific Dreams building. Will be checking that out soon as well.
    Went in there today. Agosti Espresso. Apparently been roasting beans for a while and has a place over at Honeysuckle. Will have to go back and have another one to see how consistent they are but definitely one of the best coffees I have had in Newcastle in a long while.

Ahhhhhh yeah.. I was thinking you meant the literal Greenhills shopping centre..
    I know where it is now.. I've seen the advertising for the cafe on that main stretch a bit, never stopped in though..
    Good coffee - more of a sit, down brekky sort of place rather than a takewaway. You have to walk through the gardens to get to the cottage.

Went in there today. Agosti Espresso. Apparently been roasting beans for a while and has a place over at Honeysuckle. Will have to go back and have another one to see how consistent they are but definitely one of the best coffees I have had in Newcastle in a long while.
    Have now had three coffees from there, different barista on all occasions and the coffee has been consistently fantastic. Huzzah. Now, if they took amex, I could do work lunches there

Have now had three coffees from there, different barista on all occasions and the coffee has been consistently fantastic. Huzzah. Now, if they took amex, I could do work lunches there
    Where in honeysuckle are the Grim? Might take the wife there - she's the coffee drinker.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Where in honeysuckle are the Grim? Might take the wife there - she's the coffee drinker.
    No idea where the one at honeysuckle is. The one I've been to is in the old surf shop just off the corner of Hunter abs Darby.