Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nintendo 64 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Super Smash Bros Melee on gamecube >>>>>> Super Smash Bros on n64.

Diddy Kong Racing? Pfffft.

Star Wars Pod Racer was king. I played it a few months ago after years of not playing it, and I freaking sucked though
    Never owned any of the later consoles (most modern is a PS2 ) and when i tried both Melee and Brawl I couldn't really get into them. Although I will concede from what I've read that Melee was a lot more of a technical game. If interested, there's a doco on the SSB Melee competitive scene on youtube somewhere that I watched a while ago, probably easily found with a bit of searching. I never really played the game but was still interesting. If you just want some highlights from SSB64 search youtube for Isai ssb 64, the man is a god. Would not believe how far you can push the game.

Read a compelling argument a few years ago on how DKR was better than Mario Kart and have been of that belief since. I will agree that the "battling" in Mario Kart was way more fun than that of the DKR game. Although the donut level was dross, the one with the coloured blocks was gun. But I much prefer the racing in DKR than that of Mario Kart. And then it has the adventure aspect on top of that, was pretty pioneering in that regard.

E: On reading back maybe I'll expand - Racing in Mario Kart is fun too but the emphasis is mostly on the items in my opinion with a little bit of driving. Whereas DKR is mostly driving with a bit of items. Dunno, I guess I just like getting a reward for good play/skill, driving better in MK doesn't get you very far, be better off praying to the RNG gods for red shells and gold mushrooms.

On Pod racer, I agree, haha. I played it again a few years ago on the original console. And was surprised at how damn good some of the records myself of my brother had set. We were probably 10 y/o give or take, younger probably when we played it. So it was a bit of a hit to the ego when I wasn't able to smash records left and right .. or any
    Last edited by Macca; 23-01-2015 at 03:10 PM.