Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ALM - Jets v Victory - 3 February 2024 6:00pm

ALM - Jets v Victory - 3 February 2024 6:00pm

we gonna get pumped.

Looks like the match preview on the A-league website has been created by AI - just a bunch of statements of fact. I particularly like the one below

Fornaroli has been a talisman in front of goal for Mel Victory, scoring on 13 occasions. The striker is the league's top scorer in 2023/2024.
    He's going to do well to get back from Qatar in time for the match.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    we gonna get pumped.

Looks like the match preview on the A-league website has been created by AI - just a bunch of statements of fact. I particularly like the one below

He's going to do well to get back from Qatar in time for the match.
    Another week, another goal conceded from a set piece.

Ahhh classic Jets

When does the white elephant get addressed. Did Newcastle and nnsw move to the Central coast

I don't mind the football we're playing at the moment: considering the circumstances, Stanton is doing a good job.
    Young team, there will be mistakes, and that's ok.
    But the playing style is positive, ball and players movement are ok. We even score goals.

Just get rid of Ingham, please

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    I don't mind the football we're playing at the moment: considering the circumstances, Stanton is doing a good job.
    But the playing style is positive, ball and players movement are ok. We even score goals.

I must be watching a differnet game because when Taylor and Piscopo are out our style is pass around the back until a fullback becomes free for a pass. Mark our FBs and we wont get out of our halves
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post

Totally agree Mic, I think we look pretty good for majority of games, get rid of Ingham

Now that he's back in the squad, I'd like to see Aquilina get put in at RB over Ingham.

Good to see names like Piscopo and Taylor back in the squad, I agree with Stanny that the team looks infinitely better with them two in the team, much more creativity and it brings out the best of Stamma as well.

Does anyone know when we can possibly expect Bayliss and Dowse back to full health, wish we could see how both would have developed over the course of the season as I was a fan of what we saw from Bayliss and liked what I saw from Dowse last season for Perth

how does Izzo get man of the match? He wasn't even the best keeper on the pitch in that game.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    how does Izzo get man of the match? He wasn't even the best keeper on the pitch in that game.
    It would be based on their stupid "player index" system - I guarantee two penalty saves gave him big points without noting the context.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

What was the story with a member of the Jets coaching staff sprinting all the way round he outside of the pitch to the other side of the field late in the 2nd half?

He looked like he was checking on the well being of a player who was limping (but not down requiring attention), but the game was going on and he was also clearly passing instructions and dictating something to the players as they set up to defend a corner.

Don't think I'd ever seen it before. Obviously not any major issue but just thought in the world of everything being hyper analysed seeing someone clearly coaching outside the technical area was a new one, even for all the nonsense we've seen at the Jets over the years.

Agree with the Taylor and Reno thoughts. Also we look better with 2 strikers especially the unimaginative way we are playing and the one dimensional teams that are in this league. Why not just start Goodwin with Stammo and see if we can change things around instead of always chasing our tails.

Also, they ran out modus cans in the 2nd half, for a crowd of sub 6k.

Shameful.

Sort it out with Middleby and co at the next meeting please Mr Jeterpool.

Cheers.
    plague.

Wow, did you get permission to post from the sheep quiz overlords
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    What was the story with a member of the Jets coaching staff sprinting all the way round he outside of the pitch to the other side of the field late in the 2nd half?

He looked like he was checking on the well being of a player who was limping (but not down requiring attention), but the game was going on and he was also clearly passing instructions and dictating something to the players as they set up to defend a corner.

Don't think I'd ever seen it before. Obviously not any major issue but just thought in the world of everything being hyper analysed seeing someone clearly coaching outside the technical area was a new one, even for all the nonsense we've seen at the Jets over the years.

Agree with the Taylor and Reno thoughts. Also we look better with 2 strikers especially the unimaginative way we are playing and the one dimensional teams that are in this league. Why not just start Goodwin with Stammo and see if we can change things around instead of always chasing our tails.

Also, they ran out modus cans in the 2nd half, for a crowd of sub 6k.

Shameful.

Sort it out with Middleby and co at the next meeting please Mr Jeterpool.

Cheers.
    plague.
    Goodwin can't handle starting yet nor should he based on his form

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Goodwin can't handle starting yet nor should he based on his form
    So he can play the last 20mins of a game but not the first 20? Does time work differently in each half?

Please explain this to me.

So he can play the last 20mins of a game but not the first 20? Does time work differently in each half?

Please explain this to me.
    The tiredness in players and intensity in the final 20 mins is extremely different to the start of a game and he's shown nothing this season to suggest he is ready for that

The tiredness in players and intensity in the final 20 mins is extremely different to the start of a game
    So you're saying his team mates will be better if he plays the 1st 20 mins.

Cool, now I get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    It would be based on their stupid "player index" system - I guarantee two penalty saves gave him big points without noting the context.
    The Paramount player index points needs to go. It's absolute crap....

So you're saying his team mates will be better if he plays the 1st 20 mins.

Cool, now I get it.
    Can you read? Apparently not

Can you read? Apparently not
    I completely understand what you're trying to explain. I just disagree with it.

In a team of indifferent results and performances, sticking to the same method doesn't seem to be getting anywhere. I'm longing for a different approach.

I think the Wellington game is a great example of my frustration.

Everyone knows Wellington try and score on the break, then defend deep for the rest of the game.

They peppered long balls to Barbarouses like they always do and we gave away an early pen. From that moment everyone knew what was going to happen. We were going to have the bulk of the play and they were going to sit deep and counter.

All we did in attack was go side to side trying to find an open channel for our wide men to cross in. Our game plan was also completely transparent.
    Problem was we were always free at the back and lacking more than one (albeit very good) target for the crosses.

At the 5 minute mark when the pen was converted our coach needed to decide how he was going to play it. Yet he tried the same thing for 40 more minutes before deciding to put an extra man up front (Goodwin for stynes) to take advantage of our tactics. Why not straight away?

He then waited till 67th minute to sacrifice a back for the extra attacker and we scored not long after.

When a red card is given in games coaches immediately sacrifice players and change tactics because of what is in front of them. Yet we still have this mentality of 'waiting to see' when we concede early or the game falls into the opponents hands like Wellington.

I just want coaches to be braver and smarter. At the moment they all seem to be reading from the same book and it doesn't seem to be helping anyone.