Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
Too many mistakes have been made in organising the A League.
The last 2 expansion clubs were two of these mistakes. Western United and Macarthur should never have made the cut and their crowds prove this despite them having decent teams.
It was a push but with better development and adverts they could've done this much better. Easily plenty population and talent in those areas.
I hope thee crowd gets behind Canberra.

The wanderers and Heart was a good move to create derbies. But 2 is where it should have stayed. Western United should be moved to Geelong.
Probably but will that culture take to round ball?

I believe Football needs another team in Queensland, The states too big to have just one team. Gold Coast and North Queensland have previously failed, possibly a team on the Sunshine Coast could work. They already have an NPL team there.
It does but the 2 headed crowd wont come around. Shame.

Toowoomba is a Town of 140,000 people, it doesn't have any national league teams in any sport. Why not consider Toowoomba?
no. bogan town. Does league really well.

2 other areas that need addressing are the tv coverage and the ticket prices. I think the channel 10 coverage is good, but only one game on free to air TV isn't enough when you compare it to Rugby League, AFL and cricket and while this continues football won't go forward.
yep

I don't have Paramount and from what I've heard from subscribers is that it's crap coverage of football. They need to fix that up plus put more on Paramount to make it worth getting it.
I thinks its fine. Takes a little long for the replay to get put up.