Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: The A-League Expansion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Sort of like how the clubs run the EPL and still have promotion relegation??
    Not the same. They already had relegation for ages before the PL stepped away from the FA, there's no way they could have gotten away with removing it.

Not very likely to see clubs here raise their hand and say its a good idea to introduce it.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Not the same. They already had relegation for ages before the PL stepped away from the FA, there's no way they could have gotten away with removing it.

Not very likely to see clubs here raise their hand and say its a good idea to introduce it.
    We would not exist IMO if relegation was in from the start

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post

Not like the FFA have any plans on giving it to us either

I think you will find the cclubs will be for it

The bigger clubs it is in their interests to bring it in

It is also going to be a benefit for all clubs as it will keep fixtures interesting at thge end of the season

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    This.

Nothing better that 2 self interested parties dictating how another party spends their cash in the name of preventing self interest.

Madness.
    Yes and no ****er questions it either??

Why exactly are the FFA negotiating with the PFA on how much of a cut the players are getting and then telling rhge clubs what the freight is going to be??

Farce really

Australian football it's something amazing and dynamics.
    Just look at these match results

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    We would not exist IMO if relegation was in from the start
    Rubbish. We would be back up by now.

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/spo...09-p4zwf7.html

ACT bid announce Ron Smith as head of football. They've also gone past 5,000 foundation members - but it's a free membership at this stage, so it's not really a commitment in my mind.

bid day...

canberra gets some government cash: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/spo...30-p500po.html
    canberra learning from AFC wimbeldon: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/spo...30-p500pt.html

key aspects of Canberra's will be:

- A lucrative funding deal with the government and significant support from the Canberra business community.
    - A "50 plus one" ownership model which will see members retain overall control of operations. They already have 7000 members.
    - AFC Wimbledon, the most successful fan-owned club in the United Kingdom, chief operating officer Joe Palmer has joined Canberra's advisory board.
    - Famed youth coach and former Socceroos interim boss Ron Smith has signed as the club's head of football.
    - An existing stadium that has no other content for summer. Most bids do not have a stadium.

i'm quite excited by this and getting quite hopeful of them succeeding. i await the inevitable crushing feeling of devastation and disappointment when FFA announce expansion teams in sydney and melbourne.

Canberra would be a more exciting prospect, but the dollar signs for FFA in Sydney/Melbourne teams will be too hard to pass up.

Meanwhile, Southern Expansion seems to have thankfully died in the arse, and Wolves dropped off the radar

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyKplunk View Post
    Meanwhile, Southern Expansion seems to have thankfully died in the arse, and Wolves dropped off the radar
    The merging of the SW Sydney and Macarthur bids thankfully looked to have killed the abomination that was Southern Expansion. Disappointing about Wolves though but can only see one team from NSW getting in this time.

Would love to see Canberra get up but I think it'll be the Team 11 Dandenong bid that gets in with SW Sydney/Macarthur. Really those two and then Wolves & Canberra a year or two after would be ideal.

Banned
    Hope they let South in

Better to have a real club in there than another souless plastic franchise

Also be good if the no ethnics thing was banished and we can all start the reconciliation

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    I actually agree with MFKP here

I'd prefer to see South Melbourne and Canberra in

I expect neither to get the nod though

Southern Expansion died with Les...RIP

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    I actually agree with MFKP here

I'd prefer to see South Melbourne and Canberra in

I expect neither to get the nod though
    My only issue with South Melbourne is that there is no geographical difference between them Victory and City.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Canberra's a pretty white place, so I'm unsure you can support a Canberra bid while opposing the national identity policy.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    My only issue with South Melbourne is that there is no geographical difference between them Victory and City.
    They should have been admitted when Heart got put in

Hearts bid was that piss poor it fell over after a couple of years and if it wasnt for the City group bailing thgem out they would have went tits up

South have there own support which they can immeadiately add to the League

Where the hell are the rest of these New Dawn blow in Franchises from Melbourne getting support??
    Only stealing it from Heart or Victree anyway

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    They should have been admitted when Heart got put in

Hearts bid was that piss poor it fell over after a couple of years and if it wasnt for the City group bailing thgem out they would have went tits up

South have there own support which they can immeadiately add to the League

Where the hell are the rest of these New Dawn blow in Franchises from Melbourne getting support??
    Only stealing it from Heart or Victree anyway
    Thanks for your reverting thoughts, however nothing of what you said alleviates my concern about South Melbourne having no geographical difference between Victory and City.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Brisbane City have pulled out of the bidding process.

1 down.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

After reading the Brisbane City press release and what they mention about consultation with FFA I think the Ipswich bid maybe a real chance.
    I'M GULLIBLE!