Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: The A-League Expansion Thread

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    South Melbourne and Canberra are my preference - both could be ready to go with minimal fuss

glad to see Wollongong out - **** that place

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    The cynic in me reads as a holding statement to give the teams from Melbourne and Sydney more time to get their stuff sorted. Canberra have the stadium sorted, the catchment area sorted and have a $1.2m per year guarantee from the government.
    Clubs are losing cash hand over fist.
    They should have always been marketed to fat rich bastards as a convenient play thing, not this crap about 'community investment' and 'growing the game'.
    That stuff will come with results, as will hopefully a better bottom line.

get the wankers interested in boosting their ego and prepare them to lose a bunch of cash or you end up with tin pot operations like the Gypos.

Does Canberra have anyone with their own money down there or is it all govt slushfunds?
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    South Melbourne and Canberra are my preference - both could be ready to go with minimal fuss

Seriously ?. The only reason the Wolves have been wiped is to accommodate this ridiculous Southern Expansion. This has and will always be Gallops preference and you can put your house on it.

Make no mistake all these other hopefuls have been vying for one spot not two.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post

**** the Harp as well

Shit pub

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Clubs are losing cash hand over fist.
    They should have always been marketed to fat rich bastards as a convenient play thing, not this crap about 'community investment' and 'growing the game'.
    That stuff will come with results, as will hopefully a better bottom line.

get the wankers interested in boosting their ego and prepare them to lose a bunch of cash or you end up with tin pot operations like the Gypos.

Does Canberra have anyone with their own money down there or is it all govt slushfunds?
    Clubs are only losing cash hand over fist thanks to the FFA and PFA

They have driven wages and costs up and.all they have done is removed investors or clubs from getting involved as they have priced them out of the game

Look at the way they run Con out of the game

They basically priced him out

The other thing is by keeping the costs high they have also kept the ethnic clubs out by pricing them out of the comp
    I would also suggest this was also vindictive revenge

Lowys Franchise model might have worked for shopping centres but it has been a ****ing disaster for football in Oz

**** the Harp as well

Shit pub
    I love your sarcastic posts
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Chan View Post
    South West Sydney Macarthur and Canberra will be the 2
    Macarthur and west melbourne i reckon
    OK

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I love your sarcastic posts
    Sarcasm??

If you had of fronted that day you would know that we arent being sarcastic

Those who went were deeply dissappointed with your suggestion of the Harp

So this current mob won't decide on who will be the next in but they are happy to say who won't be in.

They wonder why people think they are incompetent.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Clubs are only losing cash hand over fist thanks to the FFA and PFA
    yes, this was my point.

its no surprise that once the right FRC's got involved in our game they finally had the guts to challenge Gallop and Silver Spoon Boy to a dick waving contest (which they won).

Sage deserves a lot of the credit, he was loud from the start and openly flouted the rules just to showcase how stupid the idea of 'fairness' is.

Now they have the power, they will handle the money. no one cares about a 'fair' comp, just 'the best' comp.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    yes, this was my point.

its no surprise that once the right FRC's got involved in our game they finally had the guts to challenge Gallop and Silver Spoon Boy to a dick waving contest (which they won).

Sage deserves a lot of the credit, he was loud from the start and openly flouted the rules just to showcase how stupid the idea of 'fairness' is.

Now they have the power, they will handle the money. no one cares about a 'fair' comp, just 'the best' comp.
    I wouldnt say we had a fair comp any more anyway

Since season 1 the comp has been constantly watered down from an even salary capped league to one that actually favours the Sydney and Melbourne teams over the other 6 thanks to all the changes the FFA have pushed through to help Blue Aids FC

It actually works against us Gypos and Nix the most

We at least have Griff to help balance the ledger

Thise ****s dont

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/spo...16-p50a0i.html

opinion piece from a Times reporter. makes some good points.

Gotta be South East Melbourne and Canberra. **** South Melbourne, and in particular **** SMFCMike.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdan View Post
    Gotta be South East Melbourne and Canberra. **** South Melbourne, and in particular **** SMFCMike.
    Why??

So you think that this artificial war that Lowy started with his bigoted stance on ethnicity that has divided the game in two should be continued just because he had scores to settle from the 1980s??

Reality is the bloke Lowy was wrong wrong wrong about ethnicity and football

Kicking the wogs out as he done has not done anything to appeal to main stream Australia as the propoganda claimns

All it has done is marginalised and splintered footballs support to fight amongst one another

Anyone who now feels comfortable coming to football in oz because Croats or Italians or Greeks have been kicked out is nothing but a racist bigot anyway

If anything the most important decision this new FFA board is to make is to see that a real football club like South are admitted ASAP and not to avoid choosing them over some make believe proposition

nah.
    the idea behind the A-League was solid.
    it needed to be new and different.

but.

Frank Lowys departure and the re-admission of the legacy clubs should have been done way sooner. it was always the obvious move.
    by bringing them back in later, they are playing from behind, so will need to open themselves up to also be more inclusive in order to pay the bills.

if they were in from the start of the A-League it wouldnt have worked. it just would have been NSL v.349

South Melbourne (and probably Marconi eventually) should be layups to return. hope they get the spot.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    Why??

So you think that this artificial war that Lowy started with his bigoted stance on ethnicity that has divided the game in two should be continued just because he had scores to settle from the 1980s??

Kicking the wogs out as he done has not done anything to appeal to main stream Australia as the propoganda claimns

All it has done is marginalised and splintered footballs support to fight amongst one another

Anyone who now feels comfortable coming to football in oz because Croats or Italians or Greeks have been kicked out is nothing but a racist bigot anyway

If anything the most important decision this new FFA board is to make is to see that a real football club like South are admitted ASAP and not to avoid choosing them over some make believe proposition
    Listen to this far left outraged moron.

The game was sinking into an ethnic sewer. Yeah it was competitive but limited to growth. There was no chance of growing he game without mainstream population having some sort of belonging. Those that did soon left and went to AFL/League.

What Lowy did was include 80% more of Australia and was a master stroke. Your superior race can still compete.

I'd bet you were at one of these fully sick clubs and are butt hurt. Think you need a bigger plug and a tissue.

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Police View Post

Quote Originally Posted by bigdan View Post
    **** South Melbourne, and in particular **** SMFCMike.
    So you support #FranksCartel TOURNAMENT, no? Surely your anger at me shows you fear #SMFC and we belong at the top of Australian football, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Police View Post

The game was sinking into an ethnic sewer. Yeah it was competitive but limited to growth. There was no chance of growing he game without mainstream population having some sort of belonging. Those that did soon left and went to AFL/League.

What Lowy did was include 80% more of Australia and was a master stroke. Your superior race can still compete.

I'd bet you were at one of these fully sick clubs and are butt hurt. Think you need a bigger plug and a tissue.
    The A-League is a massive failure as far as producing elite players though. Compare how many of our lads were playing 1st team football in the best leagues around the world back in the NSL days to the current situation.

Players now make too much coin playing in the A-League to ever want to venture overseas and try to make it at the highest level. At best they go overseas to sit on the bench or play for some unknown Euro club - then return demanding top dollar at an A-league Club.

Don't drink the Lowy Family Kool Aid either - With pretty much complete control of the game in this country things have not improved as far as the Socceroos are concerned.

If we still had to qualify through Oceania / South America I doubt we'd have made another WC after 2006 - and only Diego Forlan and a few others being injured allowed us to qualify then as well. Full fit Uruguay would have killed us.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 25-10-2018 at 11:03 AM.

nah.
    the idea behind the A-League was solid.
    it needed to be new and different.

but.

Frank Lowys departure and the re-admission of the legacy clubs should have been done way sooner. it was always the obvious move.
    by bringing them back in later, they are playing from behind, so will need to open themselves up to also be more inclusive in order to pay the bills.

if they were in from the start of the A-League it wouldnt have worked. it just would have been NSL v.349

South Melbourne (and probably Marconi eventually) should be layups to return. hope they get the spot.
    This.