Page 69 of 76 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 1520

Thread: FFA Cup - NNSWF

Have said it for seasons and seasons. The two top zone league tiers are stronger then the New FM competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Look I take my hat off to Refs, in my opinion it's a thankless job. We know they aren't there to cheat and they certainly cop more criticism then they should.

Just to ad some context to last nights display. I thought the ref done a reasonable job under difficult circumstances last night. There were a few questionable decision last night in our game yet the one that was most baffling was a case in which a Bolwarra-Lorn player injured himself quite bad, anyone from Bolwarra-Lorn got an update on the lad?
    In this instance 2 players went in for a challenge were the ball was heading out. Our player had the front position and step across the ball to see it out, the lad from Bolwarra-Lorn come into the contest with a strong 50/50 shoulder which was met with another strong shoulder from our player. Legs got tangled and the lad from Bolwarra was in some pain. To me I seen the challenge as fair and a throw in to Garden Suburb. Lad from Bolwarra stays down and rightfully so, treatment proceeded to given to the lad and the ref checks the players welfare. Up until this point in my opinion the ref has done everything right.
    Bolwarra-Lorns Goal Keeper then makes his way to the ref from about 60 meters away, a good 2-3 minutes after the tackle. He says to the ref that "our player has to be sent", the linesman then says "our player is lucky to be on the park". The ref then gives our player a yellow card to which the young lad from Bolwarra-Lorn who is on the ground in excruciating pain tells the ref "it was a 50/50 ref".
    It was all really bizarre if you ask me.

To the lad from Bolwarra-Lorn, it didn't sound good when it happened hope you're back up on your feet soon.
    @Roundball... That's how you critique a ref's performance. Add a bit of context.

It sounds like he was swayed a bit by the emotion of the injury, which is understandable for someone who is a bit younger , although I agree that no matter the outcome of the tackle you still have to ref based on the facts.

Maybe his thoughts were "if I don't give him a card the team with the injured player may go in search of retribution". Not saying that Bolwarra were thinking that or even acting like, I wasn't at the game. So effectively he's given a very soft yellow card to try to calm things down after what sounds like a painful accidental coming together. If so, then i'd say it's not the worst decision he could have made.
    Last edited by Frodo; 13-04-2018 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Love you Roundball.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

He says to the ref that "our player has to be sent", the linesman then says "our player is lucky to be on the park". The ref then gives our player a yellow card to which the young lad from Bolwarra-Lorn who is on the ground in excruciating pain tells the ref "it was a 50/50 ref".
    It was all really bizarre if you ask me..
    Azzurri had a player sent off last night after he and another player both went strongly into a 50/50. The other player went in with some studs showing but nothing too bad (a free kick at best). Referee immediately blows a foul in favour of Azzurri. Merewether player stays on the ground in significant pain (possible back/neck injury?). After a couple of minutes the referee shows the Azzurri player a red card. How is that for bizarre. Azzurri gets the free kick but gets a red card?

Hope the Merewether player is ok, an ambo was required.
    It's was criticism because the discussion was about rego cost and you stated ours is higher than yours

Quote Originally Posted by the_butcher View Post
    Azzurri had a player sent off last night after he and another player both went strongly into a 50/50. The other player went in with some studs showing but nothing too bad (a free kick at best). Referee immediately blows a foul in favour of Azzurri. Merewether player stays on the ground in significant pain (possible back/neck injury?). After a couple of minutes the referee shows the Azzurri player a red card. How is that for bizarre. Azzurri gets the free kick but gets a red card?

Did the free kick, after the card etc had been given, stay to Azzurri? Was there push/shove/language/etc involved in and around it too, as in was the red solely given for this challenge? Reading it there, without full context, sounds bizarre indeed.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by the_butcher View Post

I am trying to get my head around a 50/50 challenge, some studs showing and then a neck injury. I am definitely lost here

Quote Originally Posted by The Anvil View Post
    I am trying to get my head around a 50/50 challenge, some studs showing and then a neck injury. I am definitely lost here
    Glad I'm not the only one. Unless he flipped I'm 180 in this 50/50 some studs challenge

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Glad I'm not the only one. Unless he flipped I'm 180 in this 50/50 some studs challenge
    Player is ok - bad concussion and very sore neck. I believe the injury was from twisting and hitting the ground (whip lash?) in the tackle process but it was confusing indeed given the tackle dynamics.

From what I gathered the ref gave a decision but then spoke to the linesman who advised him what he saw (the ref was further away and on a worse angle so probably why he went with the linesman who was quite close) and reversed it to the red for azzurri. The azzurri coach apologised for the 'bad' tackle by his player while the game had stopped so he obviously thought it wasn't a great challenge...

But at the end of the day the player is ok which is the main thing and good luck to azzurri boys in the next round - great atmosphere with the crowd!

Is it just like the nrl refs cracking down in the opening rounds, or has there been a lot of red cards already this season? Azzurri, Suburb, Barnsley, Bero, and a few more I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabaye#4 View Post
    Is it just like the nrl refs cracking down in the opening rounds, or has there been a lot of red cards already this season? Azzurri, Suburb, Barnsley, Bero, and a few more I think.
    Barnsleys cards are definitely not a crack down, first one was a studs up tackle, didn't see it myself but told it was warranted. And the second one was two yellows second one for kicking ball away.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabaye#4 View Post
    No idea what nrl is but the red card in the Garden Suburb FFA Cup game was completely warranted.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Draw for the next round:

Edgeworth Eagles vs Singleton Strikers
    Wallsend FC vs Broadmeadow Magic
    Lambton Jaffas vs South Cardiff
    Kahibah vs Hamilton Olympic
    Raymond Terrace vs Garden Suburbs
    Cardiff City vs Cessnock City
    Swansea FC vs Thornton Redbacks
    Hamilton Azzurri vs Charlestown City Blues
    Lake Macquarie City vs Maitland FC
    Dudley-Redhead United vs Valentine FC
    Toronto-Awaba FC vs Adamstown Rosebuds
    Weston Workers Bears vs BYE

To be played late April/early May.

Azzurri v Azzurri hhhmmmmm is it home teams first mate ?

Teams listed first are the ones drawn first so I would assume so.

Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    Teams listed first are the ones drawn first so I would assume so.
    Without sounding naïve, where is Hamilton Azzurri ground

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    Without sounding naïve, where is Hamilton Azzurri ground
    I would say Smith Park where all the junior teams play but I could be wrong.

Correct

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    The game will be played at Smith Park, under one light, with no field markings. #magicofthecup

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    Azzurri v Azzurri hhhmmmmm is it home teams first mate ?
    Double figures

Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    The game will be played at Smith Park, under one light, with no field markings. #magicofthecup
    And our old mate Ned Devine to blow up about it !!

Dates and locations for Round 4 locked in:

1 May

Lambton Jaffas vs South Cardiff - Arthur Edden Oval @ 7:00pm

2 May

Edgeworth Eagles vs Singleton Strikers - Jack McLaughlan Oval @ 7:00pm

Raymond Terrace vs Garden Suburbs - King Park @ 7:00pm

Hamilton Azzurri vs Charlestown City Blues - Lisle Carr Oval @ 7:00pm

Dudley-Redhead United vs Valentine FC - Lydon Oval @ 7:00pm

Toronto-Awaba FC vs Adamstown Rosebuds - Lyall Peacock Field @ 7:00pm

Lake Macquarie City vs Maitland FC - Macquarie Field @ 7:00pm

Wallsend FC vs Broadmeadow Magic - The Gardens @ 7:00pm

Swansea FC vs Thornton Redbacks - Chapman Oval @ 7:00pm