Banned
    3-1

Game set match Virgili with a second

Bloke mishit it and deceived keeper and defender as it trickled in

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    3-1

Game set match Virgili with a second

Bloke mishit it and deceived keeper and defender as it trickled in
    Virgilli missed a tonne of chances that should have had the game dead and buried very early on. Special mention to Coffs' keeper, very impressed with him.

Week in week out? Haven't heard anything in the forums for weeks about the refs. Exactly what people expect. Now your saying they aren't doing there job, should be sending ppl off. Which is generally when ppl then harp on that the refs are being too heavy handed and ruining the spectacle. Make up your minds

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
    Week in week out? Haven't heard anything in the forums for weeks about the refs. Exactly what people expect. Now your saying they aren't doing there job, should be sending ppl off. Which is generally when ppl then harp on that the refs are being too heavy handed and ruining the spectacle. Make up your minds
    Good post, the refs have been decent this season and controlled the cards which has been refreshing to see.

When players make the best decisions 100% of the time, stop intentionally trying to deceive the referee by diving, claiming throw ins etc, maybe then we can expect referees to get it right 100%.
    Sure, there are some average calls on Occassion, some calls they get wrong. They interpret what they see in a split second from their position on the field. We've seen premier league, World Cup referees make blunders due to their positioning and interpretation, it's unreasonable to expect different at our level. At the end of the day, they are doing their best in a job not many would give a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
    I think the point might have been missed a little. If someone from an NPL Club had their leg broken more would have been said. Send off's or lack of them cost teams games. Especially in Byron Bay's case. Why travel or this way to loose one of their best for their season with little punishment

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    When players make the best decisions 100% of the time, stop intentionally trying to deceive the referee by diving, claiming throw ins etc, maybe then we can expect referees to get it right 100%.
    Sure, there are some average calls on Occassion, some calls they get wrong. They interpret what they see in a split second from their position on the field. We've seen premier league, World Cup referees make blunders due to their positioning and interpretation, it's unreasonable to expect different at our level. At the end of the day, they are doing their best in a job not many would give a go.
    That an absolute cop out of excuses for the bloke with the whistle

We not talking about unsighted
    We not talking about not seeing

We talking about a referee clear as day seeing a foul and then not following the rules correctly

A studs up diving in challenge is a red card

If refs focused on applying the rules correctly and stop worrying about having to write an after match report then your points can be taken on board

Go watch NPL this weekend and guaranteed you will see blokes not get yellows for dissent and blokes not get red for fouls deserving of red

All because the bloke with the whistle fails to apply the rules correctly

Show me in the Fifa rule book where it refers to a "studs up" challenge being a red card?
    Can Assure you, the world would implode if referees issued red cards for dissent In EPL, npl, World Cup matches.

Why can't the player take some responsibility for his own actions? Why is it the refs fault?

Banned
    Read the bit about excessive force

If you are injuring your opponent with a crazy lunging tackle then you have exceeded it

Punishment is red

Players take responsibility??

When a bloke voluntarily withdraws and gives himself a red then you refs are redundant

Stop passing the buck

The referee there is in place to apply the rules without favour and being impartial

Sometimes they going to have to make decisions not well received

Maybe need to grow a pair of they worried about consequences

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Show me in the Fifa rule book where it refers to a "studs up" challenge being a red card?
    Can Assure you, the world would implode if referees issued red cards for dissent In EPL, npl, World Cup matches.

Why can't the player take some responsibility for his own actions? Why is it the refs fault?
    One of the more bizarre posts I've seen on here in a long time, and that's saying something.

Nobody is able to show me where it says all studs up challenges are a red card. You know why? Because it doesn't exist. Yeh, excessive force, unsporting behaviour etc, it's all there. I saw a 50/50 challenge where both players challenged and the result was a broken tibia. The other player used excessive force. Is it a red? A red every time excessive force breaks a leg?
    It's down to interpretation. I'm not saying the referee was right or wrong with this single decision, just offering an alternative opinion which is difficult for you to comprehend, I know.
    Hell, Ramos' challenge just before he got knocked over by a feather and got the guy a red card, his challenge could've easily broken a leg. No red for him.

I'm not referring 100% to this incident in the NNSW cup match. It's a response to all the referee bagging for an incorrect decision.

And why is it so absurd that players don't intentionally try to break people's legs, don't go in studs up, don't abuse referees? Why is that so bizarre?

Responsibility isn't about sanctioning oneself, they show responsibility by not making tackles they know are illegal in the first place.

It's like being rear ended. And saying it's the police/ insurance companies fault. The person at fault is the tackler. Sure, he should be punished. And it's disappointing he was not if it is as bad as made out. As I said, just offering a defence, I'm sure there's a few people that saw it differently again.

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    I think the point might have been missed a little. If someone from an NPL Club had their leg broken more would have been said. Send off's or lack of them cost teams games. Especially in Byron Bay's case. Why travel or this way to loose one of their best for their season with little punishment
    If we are referring to the tackle in the 12th minute against Maitland. It was reckless, not excessive. It wasn't 'studs up'. Just because a guy broke a leg, as much as that sucks, you can't go off the injury incurred to determine the punishment. I saw a guy go into a tackle one time at high speed to kick the ball same time as his opponent and snapped his own tib/fib.

why is this game scheduled when the socceroos are playing also tonight

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    why is this game scheduled when the socceroos are playing also tonight

Once again highlights Northerns incompetence

Seemed rather stupid yesterday wandering out of Speers Point at midday.

Why Edgy and Maitland were not playing after Magic defied logic really.

Northern NSW Football incompetence

Anyone know if the game is at JM or Speers Point?

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    Anyone know if the game is at JM or Speers Point?
    Speers Point

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Once again highlights Northerns incompetence

Seemed rather stupid yesterday wandering out of Speers Point at midday.

Why Edgy and Maitland were not playing after Magic defied logic really.

Northern NSW Football incompetence
    What? bartv and fuxtel... oops

Score?

Quote Originally Posted by mefa1984 View Post
    Score?
    Edgy 1-0

Banned
    3 pm tomorrow
    Rd of 32 draw