Page 18 of 76 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: FFA Cup - NNSWF

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    Its a cup competition... David vs goliath... even though we expect David to give Goliath a run for his money, usually Goliath teaches David a devastating lesson, thats life, its a jungle out there.

To keep the integrity of the competition and to ensure maximum participants from our region all teams need to be able to reach the stage Westy and Jesmond did, this years qualification run has been a huge success for those clubs.

And to think otherwise would not be in the spirit of the game, whats next, opposition (lower division opponent) picks starting lineups for NPL teams? NPL teams come in last round? NPL teams play with only 9 men?

Sometimes the facts hurt but thats reality; Magic U22's comprehensively beat Northern Inlands best and West Wallsend struggled against 4th Division opponents.

No senior side should have to play two (2) full games on the one (1) weekend especially at the top level. Most have jobs to go to on Monday. Its crazy. Needs to be better programmed, its not good as a spectacle obviously from previous posts and can contribute to serious injuries as it probably did for young Virgili. Was it him that injured himself at the same ground in the pre season?

Anyway the comp is set up for the NPL teams which is probably the right thing to do as they are the best teams but giving them marked advantages throughout the comp takes away a bit from what I believe the competition was set up for, obviously NPL teams would have a greater advantage backing up the next day so why do it.

When they get to this stage (last 4 or maybe even 8) they should be home and away fixtures so supporters can get behind them played on weekends over 2 weeks and there club fixtures moved to mid weeks. Then we will give clubs from all levels an even chance and clubs a chance to profit from their success.

Just my thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Dontknowmuch View Post
    No senior side should have to play two (2) full games on the one (1) weekend especially at the top level. Most have jobs to go to on Monday. Its crazy. Needs to be better programmed, its not good as a spectacle obviously from previous posts and can contribute to serious injuries as it probably did for young Virgili. Was it him that injured himself at the same ground in the pre season?

Anyway the comp is set up for the NPL teams which is probably the right thing to do as they are the best teams but giving them marked advantages throughout the comp takes away a bit from what I believe the competition was set up for, obviously NPL teams would have a greater advantage backing up the next day so why do it.

When they get to this stage (last 4 or maybe even 8) they should be home and away fixtures so supporters can get behind them played on weekends over 2 weeks and there club fixtures moved to mid weeks. Then we will give clubs from all levels an even chance and clubs a chance to profit from their success.

Just my thoughts

When it was in Coffs harbour the final would be played Sunday afternoon if it involved a team from up there... thats 3 games for the weekend for those teams, could have been even more?.

Well the result almost makes this weekends fixture of Magic vs Eagles the unofficial State Cup Final. See you all at Magic park to get behind NNSWF's representatives for the FFA Cup Round of 32.

Not sure if the Westy goalkeeper was injured or went to the BK school of diving but he barely moved for most of the Broadmeadow goals I saw. Had a defender taking his goal kicks go I'd wager it was the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontknowmuch View Post

Just my thoughts
    I agree 2 games in 2 days isn't ideal, but it had nothing to do with Virgili getting injured. He didn't play the first game, and the injury seemed to come from awkward contact with an opposing player, not because he'd run himself into the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    Not sure if the Westy goalkeeper was injured or went to the BK school of diving but he barely moved for most of the Broadmeadow goals I saw. Had a defender taking his goal kicks go I'd wager it was the former.
    Injured he was limping on Saturday if he took a goal kick it went short he wasn't right to start with then started limping late in the second half

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken ranger View Post
    Injured he was limping on Saturday if he took a goal kick it went short he wasn't right to start with then started limping late in the second half
    Injured or not, those goals would not have been stopped..

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    When it was in Coffs harbour the final would be played Sunday afternoon if it involved a team from up there... thats 3 games for the weekend for those teams, could have been even more?.

Well the result almost makes this weekends fixture of Magic vs Eagles the unofficial State Cup Final. See you all at Magic park to get behind NNSWF's representatives for the FFA Cup Round of 32.
    Congrats to edgy on winning the unofficial State Cup Final at Wanderers today. Welcome back to the NPL and your 4th straight NPL loss magic. Reality has returned after knocking in 20 goals against two struggling lower division sides last week. No disrespect intended to the two lower division teams

Quote Originally Posted by winner View Post
    Congrats to edgy on winning the unofficial State Cup Final at Wanderers today. Welcome back to the NPL and your 4th straight NPL loss magic. Reality has returned after knocking in 20 goals against two struggling lower division sides last week. No disrespect intended to the two lower division teams
    as a magic supporter, 100% agree with ya here winner.
    daja vu starting to kick in from last season, formation and lineups need to be changed.

3-0 Heidelberg. 40mins in
    Heidelberg taking the pi**

Good to see edgeworth promoting the gunners strip, WTF

Game now live on fox sports 5 for anyone interested

Anyone know when this seasons FFA Cup draw will be done?

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyALegend View Post
    Anyone know when this seasons FFA Cup draw will be done?
    Magic have drawn the bye

Quote Originally Posted by winner View Post
    Magic have drawn the bye
    Surely no-one can be surprised by that!

Straight to the final I heard

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Straight to the final I heard
    at magic park with eland referee

Merry New Year evereebodii

Any news on draw?

Anyone got a copy of the 2016 draw - I notice the first NNSW cup matches are supposed to be played on the 20th/21st February yet the FFA Cup website says nominations are closed 26th Feb

Draw to take place next week for zone teams