Page 6 of 76 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: FFA Cup - NNSWF

First New Lambton derby was a cracker. Happened to catch it randomly after strolling over to have a watch. The ..new.. new lambton looked very very solid against a strong zpl side..should have won really. Theyll be hard to beat in zl3

Personally, I was a huge fan of the pitch. Passes stayed crisp and first touches were much easier due to no bobbling etc
    All the games seemed to flow much faster than the usual pace on grass. I can see the benefits of the artificial turf wherein by being able to hit passes better and take better first touches it has the potential to improve skills greatly, especially if you had a dream situation where most clubs were able to afford such facilities.

So which games can we look forward to next round.

Who do Valentine play? If its and NPL side could probably give the best indication of their quality for the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Local Rules View Post
    So which games can we look forward to next round.
    Suns Vs Olympic!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    Who do Valentine play? If its and NPL side could probably give the best indication of their quality for the season.
    Dudley ZPL

I know a few players were frustrated with the pitch and finding it hard to turn on.

I was at the physio this morning and there was apparently two guys in there for shot knees after playing on the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by NUGUNS View Post
    I know a few players were frustrated with the pitch and finding it hard to turn on.

I was at the physio this morning and there was apparently two guys in there for shot knees after playing on the weekend.
    yep one of the kotara boys went off with a knee injury, waiting on scans tomorrow, im leaning towards acl gone.

Quote Originally Posted by sharky21 View Post
    Stockton result is the other way around.
    fixed

Quote Originally Posted by NUGUNS View Post

Unfortunately injuries will happen regardless of the playing field. Basketball pitch, squash court, tennis court, football pitches across all codes etc

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    Unfortunately injuries will happen regardless of the playing field. Basketball pitch, squash court, tennis court, football pitches across all codes etc
    Yet the instances of injury on synthetic field happen far too frequently yet the blame never ends up on plastic fields as the statistics are fudged to neglect the blame falling on plastic pitches

What statistics are you claiming are fudged? Do you have your own from which you draw your conclusion. Please share if you do.

I had no issue with the pitch. I played with developing shin splints and and joint pain and the only soreness I have after the weekend is muscular as expected.

I don't see how playing on these fields leads to more injuries aside from 'grass' burns but they weren't even that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    I had no issue with the pitch. I played with developing shin splints and and joint pain and the only soreness I have after the weekend is muscular as expected.

I don't see how playing on these fields leads to more injuries aside from 'grass' burns but they weren't even that bad.
    Fully agree. Leading into the weekend was really struggling with knee pain. Played 90 mins yesty morning. Had no issues today other then general soreness. If anything knees etc feel better then on normal grass fields. I believe its fully personal preference.

How is the heat that radiates off those rocks surrounding the fields, oh my days.
    OK

Does anyone know when we're getting times etc for this weekend? Need to organise work etc

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Yet the instances of injury on synthetic field happen far too frequently yet the blame never ends up on plastic fields as the statistics are fudged to neglect the blame falling on plastic pitches
    Maybe you should post the statistics with the concrete proof concluding they're tampered with?
    C,mon even you know better than to post such a comment.

I know a few players were saying that the ground felt like it was burning they're feet. And it also seems to be a bit harder to dive on as a keeper as ever dive felt like you were getting a bad grass burn.

The heat coming off the pitch itself was pretty intense Im assuming this was from the rubber underlay. Within the first 30 seconds of running out onto the pitch my immediate thoughts were that it doesn't feel firm enough under foot, I was very surprised at how much you seem to sink into the surface yet it does seem to have quite a bit of flex/bounce when running and you do get used to it after a while. Also the first time I tried to do a quick turn you realise that the normal twisting your boot into the ground to turn doesn't work meaning most of the force goes through your knee hence all of the sore knee complaints. Overall I thought the ground offered so much more than a normal pitch, 1st touches and firm flat passes were made considerably easier and given that soccer is a winter sport id say the pitch heat issue cant really be put down as a con.

Just popped up on NNSWF Facebook... some more uploads of photographs too... Early start for Magic.

http://www.northernnswfootball.com.a...d=10&tx_ttnews[year]=2015&tx_ttnews[month]=02&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=4191&cHash=7b4d5da3e4f9012379e49783866044b3