Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1520

Thread: FFA Cup - NNSWF

Quote Originally Posted by RANGER09 View Post
    Terrace 4 - Uni 2
    Bero vs Nelson Bay??? Anyone???

I'm not going to stop trying until I see you smile Mitchy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mefa1984 View Post
    Bero vs Nelson Bay??? Anyone???

Got postponed because of the heat on the weekend, not sure when it will be played atm
    Novocastria Youth

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchy View Post
    Got postponed because of the heat on the weekend, not sure when it will be played atm
    Ah, cheers

Bero Beat Nelson Bay 2 -0 last night could have been 20 but to Nelson bay credit they scrambled well and there keeper had a blinder. Also having a couple of chances there self

with that the first goal didn't come till around the 70 min mark with Nelson bay hitting the post 1 on 1 thinking it was in all money bero literally ran down the other end of the field and scored

Cardiff City v Barnsley
    1--0

Barnsley player sent late in the game, then the assistant, then the coach, refereeing a bit out there at times.
    end to end game played in a pretty quick tempo, goal for Cardiff came just before the send off.
    Both sides missed plenty of chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    Cardiff City v Barnsley
    1--0

Barnsley player sent late in the game, then the assistant, then the coach, refereeing a bit out there at times.
    end to end game played in a pretty quick tempo, goal for Cardiff came just before the send off.
    Both sides missed plenty of chances.
    Could be a long season for the Bulldogs if they keep this red card rate up.

Garden Suburb v Bolwarra/Lorn

4-2 (2-1)

Only about 65 minutes played total due to an injury in the first half requiring an ambo. Even though he was technically off the pitch (but inside the fence), both sides talked the refs down from playing on for his safety.
    Hopefully its not as bad as it sounded, and hopefully a speedy recovery for your player.

Suburb down to 10 after about 3 minutes into the second half.
    Red card aside as I think it had to be given, the refs tonight were shocking, extremely card happy and numerous clearly onside runs flagged for offside. If these are the cream of the crop for refs, then we're in trouble for the future of football in this country.

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Blues 3-1 merewether

Blues down to 10 at 2-1

#magicofthecup

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    If these are the cream of the crop for refs, then we're in trouble for the future of football in this country.
    Didn't think that a 3rd round FFA cup tie in the Northern NSW division was the yard stick for the future of Australian football... but I could be wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    Blues 3-1 merewether

Blues down to 10 at 2-1

#magicofthecup
    Another red?

#survivethesuspensions
    OK

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Another red?

#survivethesuspensions
    I'm not one to start rumours or controversy..... But it could have something to do with the NCIP

#survivetheethnics

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Didn't think that a 3rd round FFA cup tie in the Northern NSW division was the yard stick for the future of Australian football... but I could be wrong?
    I agree, poor comment from Roundball, very poor

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    I agree, poor comment from Roundball, very poor
    Except these are refs who referee the top divisions in NNSW. Their decision making for what was/wasn't a card was extremely inconsistent and clear onside runs being flagged offside.

The center ref, was a younger guy(20s), who is probably working his way up in his refereeing qualifications. Why can't we be critical of referees? Why are they a protected species? If they have a poor game, they should be able to be called out on it, just like any player on the field.

Except these are refs who referee the top divisions in NNSW. Their decision making for what was/wasn't a card was extremely inconsistent and clear onside runs being flagged offside.

The center ref, was a younger guy(20s), who is probably working his way up in his refereeing qualifications. Why can't we be critical of referees? Why are they a protected species? If they have a poor game, they should be able to be called out on it, just like any player on the field.
    Younger ref working his way up, but also the refs who ref top divisions? Probs one or the other.

Where were you to see the offside? Behind the linesman for each of them?
    Sure treat them like you would a team member. If they do something good, give them credit. If they make a mistake, to you hassle them about their mistake all game? Do you encourage them to improve?

Refs could be critical of players as well, if the players all obeyed the rules of the game they wouldnt have to do anything .

Hey. No one said you can't be critical of referees, it was just a bit of an over reach to say that the performance of a 20 yr old referee was enough for you to question the future of all young players in Australia and by extension the trajectory of the game itself in our little country...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Look I take my hat off to Refs, in my opinion it's a thankless job. We know they aren't there to cheat and they certainly cop more criticism then they should.

Just to ad some context to last nights display. I thought the ref done a reasonable job under difficult circumstances last night. There were a few questionable decision last night in our game yet the one that was most baffling was a case in which a Bolwarra-Lorn player injured himself quite bad, anyone from Bolwarra-Lorn got an update on the lad?
    In this instance 2 players went in for a challenge were the ball was heading out. Our player had the front position and step across the ball to see it out, the lad from Bolwarra-Lorn come into the contest with a strong 50/50 shoulder which was met with another strong shoulder from our player. Legs got tangled and the lad from Bolwarra was in some pain. To me I seen the challenge as fair and a throw in to Garden Suburb. Lad from Bolwarra stays down and rightfully so, treatment proceeded to given to the lad and the ref checks the players welfare. Up until this point in my opinion the ref has done everything right.
    Bolwarra-Lorns Goal Keeper then makes his way to the ref from about 60 meters away, a good 2-3 minutes after the tackle. He says to the ref that "our player has to be sent", the linesman then says "our player is lucky to be on the park". The ref then gives our player a yellow card to which the young lad from Bolwarra-Lorn who is on the ground in excruciating pain tells the ref "it was a 50/50 ref".
    It was all really bizarre if you ask me.

To the lad from Bolwarra-Lorn, it didn't sound good when it happened hope you're back up on your feet soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Younger ref working his way up, but also the refs who ref top divisions? Probs one or the other.

Where were you to see the offside? Behind the linesman for each of them?
    Sure treat them like you would a team member. If they do something good, give them credit. If they make a mistake, to you hassle them about their mistake all game? Do you encourage them to improve?

Refs could be critical of players as well, if the players all obeyed the rules of the game they wouldnt have to do anything .
    If he's refereeing top divisions in NNSW and younger (compared to normal refs) he can't still be working his way up? Possible future a-league ref? Who knows.

When I say clear, I'm talking a meter (or more in some instances, literally running passed players after the ball is played), not your average off the shoulder type decisions.
    I'm rarely publicly critical of referees, I just felt in this instance, it needed to be brought up, as it was worse than we'd normally see on a weekend. I do make sure to let the referees know after the game when they had a great game.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Hey. No one said you can't be critical of referees, it was just a bit of an over reach to say that the performance of a 20 yr old referee was enough for you to question the future of all young players in Australia and by extension the trajectory of the game itself in our little country...
    Sure, perhaps a slight overreach, perhaps he had an off night, which we all know happens.

My point is more, that I hope this isn't the type of referee we're promoting through grassroots and into the a-league (again, noting this is off one performance and he could be a great referee). As referee(s) and their quality definitely impacts the type and style of football and players we develop in our little country.

Soooo... FFA Cup.. Any other results?

I heard Singleton Strikers (NewFM) finished 1-1 with Charlestown Hammers (ZL2)? Strikers through on pens..
    Two other NewFM teams had close games with ZPL teams and Swansea getting over Belmont Swansea?

Soooo... FFA Cup.. Any other results?
    Cardiff City 1 - 0 Barnsley United
    Hamilton Azzurri 3 - 1 Merewether Advance
    Wallsend FC 5 - 0 New Lambton FC
    Swansea FC 3 - 1 Belmont-Swansea
    Dudley-Redhead FC 5 - 3 West Wallsend FC
    Warners Bay FC 3 - 4 South Cardiff FC
    Singleton FC 1 - 1 Charlestown Jnr (Singleton FC advance 4-3 on penalties)
    Garden Suburb FC 4 - 2 Bolwarra Lorn FC

Games on tonight:

Maitland Jnr vs Toronto-Awaba FC
    Raymond Terrace FC vs Beresfield United FC

Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    Cardiff City 1 - 0 Barnsley United
    Hamilton Azzurri 3 - 1 Merewether Advance
    Wallsend FC 5 - 0 New Lambton FC
    Swansea FC 3 - 1 Belmont-Swansea
    Dudley-Redhead FC 5 - 3 West Wallsend FC
    Warners Bay FC 3 - 4 South Cardiff FC
    Singleton FC 1 - 1 Charlestown Jnr (Singleton FC advance 4-3 on penalties)
    Garden Suburb FC 4 - 2 Bolwarra Lorn FC

Games on tonight:

Maitland Jnr vs Toronto-Awaba FC
    Raymond Terrace FC vs Beresfield United FC
    Terrace 4 -1 Bero
    Was watching a live Facebook feed of game, 1-1 at the break Bero went down to 10 in the back end of second half and Terrace put 3 on them with most of their regular attacking players having a rest tonight.

Didn’t cookers play Kahibah the other night as well? What was that score