Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1520

Thread: FFA Cup - NNSWF

Suns 5 Toronto 1

Cardiff 4 Def Westlakes 1

Stocko 4 new lambton 4
    New lambton 4-1 pens

Singo 4 Def Westy 3

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Interesting night out at Swansea, deadset could not script that.

Swansea equalizer came late in the game.
    Game goes to penalties.
    Cooks Hill leading 4-3 on penalties.
    Lights out.
    No literally lights out, match abandoned, game to be replayed in full.
    fully abandoned and to be replayed. Ha ha ha anything can happen in cup football 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Donk View Post
    fully abandoned and to be replayed. Ha ha ha anything can happen in cup football ����
    Surely the penalties alone can just be replayed? The same players and same order as what would have been handed to the referee last night?
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Surely the penalties alone can just be replayed? The same players and same order as what would have been handed to the referee last night?
    That would just be a bit weird wouldn't it? You show up to the ground, an hour before kick-off, get ready, warm up, kick the ball once (maybe twice if your lucky), and then one team gets to sing the team song.

teams dont provide a list anymore. either way i doubt just replaying penalty kicks will be allowed. not the first time the lights have gone out during a game in local football

There is only one way to settle this - a two-man sack race held on consecutive Sundays until a winner is declared.

For anyone who doesn't know the reference:

Last edited by pv4; 13-04-2017 at 09:02 AM.
    OK

But seriously isn't there rules about games that haven't entered the second half but cut off for some reason being declared a result rather than a replay? Or if called off in first half it is a replay? There's something like that, yes? Or is my memory gone more than I realise?

If Cooks Hill were winning, shouldn't they be declared winners?

Some would say penalty shootouts are a "coin toss" anyway. Maybe it should be decided by a coin. Maybe a chocolate coin, get into the Easter Spirit. And the winner gets to eat the coin, and advance thru to the cup.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    But seriously isn't there rules about games that haven't entered the second half but cut off for some reason being declared a result rather than a replay? Or if called off in first half it is a replay? There's something like that, yes? Or is my memory gone more than I realise?

Some would say penalty shootouts are a "coin toss" anyway. Maybe it should be decided by a coin. Maybe a chocolate coin, get into the Easter Spirit. And the winner gets to eat the coin, and advance thru to the cup.
    Yes I think it happened to the Brisbane Roar a few years back, when the dutch guy was their coach.

4-4 Stocko v New Lambton

Shame we didn't get the result against New Lambton last night. Up 4-2 before a pen and then the most ridiculous back pass call I've ever seen resulted in the equaliser late. NL through on Pens. Good to show we can match it with a decent NewFM side. Hopefully carry that form into the league.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post

Not sure where the penalties were up to, but I would have thought, if both sides had taken say three penalties and Cookers were leading 3-2 , then lights went out it should be a cookers win, if there was an extra penalty taken by either side when lights went out or penalties were even after same amount of penalties taken , it should be replayed.

Imagine being 3-1 up in the penalties and lights went out haha

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Interesting night out at Swansea, deadset could not script that.

Swansea equalizer came late in the game.
    Game goes to penalties.
    Cooks Hill leading 4-3 on penalties.
    Lights out.
    No literally lights out, match abandoned, game to be replayed in full.
    So the whole area get a black out or was the blackout only at the ground and only cause the hosts were about to get knocked out??

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    So the whole area get a black out or was the blackout only at the ground and only cause the hosts were about to get knocked out??
    Only the ground, I heard the lights are on a timer, and they forgot to turn timer off or reset it post Daylight savings time.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    Only the ground, I heard the lights are on a timer, and they forgot to turn timer off or reset it post Daylight savings time.
    Or was it far east Asian betting syndicates??

Anyone remember that game in the EPL when WestHam down 2-0 and when Frank Lampard scores to make it 2-2 and lights amazingly go out never to return??

Betting syndicates rumoured to be responsible

I've been involved with football for a long time now and last night will go down
    as one of the most bizarre situations in a game I've borne witness too
    (apart from John Kosmina choking Harry James...)

Swansea keeper saved 1st Cookers kick. Cookers keeper saved Swansea's 3rd.
    Cookers 5th kicker scores for 4-3 and then one level of lighting went out. I think the
    ref was deliberating with our keeper about the lighting for the 5th kick when BOOM...all out.
    Players milled around in the middle having a larf and after 10? minutes, ref blew 3 pips for FT.
    Match abandoned.
    Players were walking off and the lights came back on. Too funny.

Latest I heard from our Secretary was Wed, April 26th as a possible/probable replay date.
    3rd Rnd draw will be done regardless and will most likely be:-
    'Winner Swansea/Cooks Hill' vs ?????? scenario.
    No idea on venue but hoping we get the game...especially after our non pre season at home with that
    track being laid. No timers on the lights either
    Track nearly finished now. Dudes laying the rubber rebound layer over Easter
    to get the job done before April 22nd (home v Thornton)

Cred to Swansea for their effort. Hardest game we've had this season.
    Suns, look out!
    Last edited by Retro Jet; 14-04-2017 at 12:15 AM. Reason: typo fix

Kinda makes sense to call the game if the ref deems it unplayable. In a normal situation if something like 70% of the game has been played whatever the score is, stays as is. However Penalties must be a different story.

I would imagine NNSW would keep it at the same venue, a bit ludicrous if they change grounds just to suit 1 team. Could seem them having it at Speers Point though. (to suit them).

Cooks Hill will just have to find other ways to boost revenue, let the same ground host it again, if it was good enough once it will be good enough again.

And if that was Cookers hardest game? I don't rate their chances going forward in either comp.

And Stags losing to Suns? Did anyone expect any different, even with Redman in goals, it's still a leaky ship.

Mayfield V Simba?

Quote Originally Posted by Shere Khan View Post
    Mayfield V Simba?
    3-0 Mayfield. From what I was told, I only saw the last goal.

Only watched 15-20, but Mayfield looked a class above, Simba certainly had 1-2 GOOD chances to put 1-2 in, but just the finishing lacking.
    Mayf keeper made a great free kick save late in the second half. Premier league stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Shere Khan View Post
    Mayfield V Simba?
    Mayfield 7 Hunter Simba 1

Anyone tell me why in the Victorian FFA cup they play extra time but here it's straight to pens, with it being a national cup you'd think the rules would be across the board