Page 10 of 76 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: FFA Cup - NNSWF

Home of football - who are they kidding.
    I know from an extremely reliable source that the specs for the surface at speers is NOT what the suppliers recommended.
    In their wisdom NNSW decided their own specs and the suppliers took the money ....lots of our money.
    Add the disgraceful design of the stands to the issues too.
    It could of and should be so much better.
    These issues of injuries were forecast.

So nobody ever does an ACL on normal grass do they? As for the statistics are you going to share your sources this time?

Round 3 out yet ?

I heard Luke Walker out for year with ACL. he injured himself on real grass

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    I heard Luke Walker out for year with ACL. he injured himself on real grass
    That's it, I've had it with these real grass playing fields. If they're not to wet to play on, blokes are always getting injured on them. I'd say real grass is responisble for the majority of injuries in NNSW and it's time we put a stop to it!!

That's a real shame for all the guys who did their ACL. Hopefully they have a quick and easy recovery and are back to it soon.
    OK

Some good match ups for the next round, with south Cardiff received the bye, surely it's rigged

Does anyone know a) when the next round is pencilled in for b) when the teams are to be drawn and c) when the fixtures will be announced with times etc. Got blokes with cricket commitments as I'm sure many clubs would......

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbelong@jesmondpark View Post
    Does anyone know a) when the next round is pencilled in for b) when the teams are to be drawn and c) when the fixtures will be announced with times etc. Got blokes with cricket commitments as I'm sure many clubs would......
    You guys got Mayfield

OK

Last nights catchup games;
    Thornton 12-0 Medowie
    West Wallsend 3-2 Singleton

This coming weekend should be interesting with all NPL squads going head to head.As they are the first meaningful games we should now be able to start sorting the wheat from the chaff so to speak.Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonester View Post
    This coming weekend should be interesting with all NPL squads going head to head.As they are the first meaningful games we should now be able to start sorting the wheat from the chaff so to speak.Can't wait.
    As opposed to the non meaningful games played in the previous rounds.
    You lot at CCB have much more to worry about then a meaningful cup game after an under strength Olympic handed it to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    As opposed to the non meaningful games played in the previous rounds.
    You lot at CCB have much more to worry about then a meaningful cup game after an under strength Olympic handed it to you.
    Obviously one needs to choose their words more carefully when posting as some people are just a tad too precious or delicate.I meant meaningful in the context of a contest.CCB winning 15/0 or Edgy winning 12/0 etc doesn't relate to a meaningful contest in relation to the standard of the opposition not the importance of the tie.This week will allow teams to gauge where they're at.Trial games are what they are,a way for coaches to evaluate & conditioning.Wouldn't worry too much about said trial,think CCB will finish above Olympic without a problem.My opinion only so don't start getting worked up ok!

Obviously one needs to choose their words more carefully when posting as some people are just a tad too precious or delicate.I meant meaningful in the context of a contest.CCB winning 15/0 or Edgy winning 12/0 etc doesn't relate to a meaningful contest in relation to the standard of the opposition not the importance of the tie.This week will allow teams to gauge where they're at.Trial games are what they are,a way for coaches to evaluate & conditioning.Wouldn't worry too much about said trial,think CCB will finish above Olympic without a problem.My opinion only so don't start getting worked up ok!
    Pot calling the kettle black. Who is the precious one now...

Like it or not the cup involves other clubs outside of your little NPL bubble. To suggest that the previous games where not meaningful reeks of disrespect towards those clubs and players involved.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Pot calling the kettle black. Who is the precious one now...

Like it or not the cup involves other clubs outside of your little NPL bubble. To suggest that the previous games where not meaningful reeks of disrespect towards those clubs and players involved.
    You need to calm down & analyse before you criticise.Reread my previous post & jump down off that high horse you're on.You are obviously associated with one of the teams that were towelled up & therefore your post reeks of sour grapes.All I'm doing is calling a spade a spade not a shovel.My opinion nothing more.As I said reread my previous post.

You need to calm down & analyse before you criticise.Reread my previous post & jump down off that high horse you're on.You are obviously associated with one of the teams that were towelled up & therefore your post reeks of sour grapes.All I'm doing is calling a spade a spade not a shovel.My opinion nothing more.As I said reread my previous post.
    It's a little amusing/embarrassing how you seek calm, then go of on a rant.

I'm on no high horse and no sour grapes from me either. You're right I do play for one of the said clubs that were beaten in the earlier rounds, however we were not "towelled up" as you put it we were beaten 3-0 in a good contest.

Let me put a question to you. If you're struggling CCB make it to the round of 32 in the FFA cup and get "towelled up" by say Melbourne Victory 8-0 would that be seen as "meaningful" game?
    Seen as though you are quick to give out advice I'll return the favor for you. Instead of looking down your nose on the non NPL clubs maybe try accept the competition for what it is and show a little respect to all parties involved.
    You can try to defend your statement all you want claiming that you were talking about a contest between 2 clubs, however it won't wash. Your comments where intended to say that everything before this round was non meaningful and that's the your comment has been seen.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

It's a little amusing/embarrassing how you seek calm, then go of on a rant.

I'm on no high horse and no sour grapes from me either. You're right I do play for one of the said clubs that were beaten in the earlier rounds, however we were not "towelled up" as you put it we were beaten 3-0 in a good contest.

Let me put a question to you. If you're struggling CCB make it to the round of 32 in the FFA cup and get "towelled up" by say Melbourne Victory 8-0 would that be seen as "meaningful" game?
    Seen as though you are quick to give out advice I'll return the favor for you. Instead of looking down your nose on the non NPL clubs maybe try accept the competition for what it is and show a little respect to all parties involved.
    You can try to defend your statement all you want claiming that you were talking about a contest between 2 clubs, however it won't wash. Your comments where intended to say that everything before this round was non meaningful and that's the your comment has been seen.
    As previously stated it would be meaningful in context of being a round of the cup,for Victory they would see it as a means to an end,for CCB it would be thought of as possibly a bridge too far & treat it accordingly.I'm happy your team was competitive & congrats for that,unfortunately not many Zone teams were.It is what it is,you're passionate about your club & comp,great but the post wasn't meant to deride other teams & comps it was the Cup in relation to NPL teams.P.S. Can't see CCB getting to Quarter Final really!

Wouldn't worry too much about said trial,think CCB will finish above Olympic without a problem.My opinion only so don't start getting worked up ok!
    Lol, this is a joke right??

Quote Originally Posted by Blueboy View Post
    Lol, this is a joke right??
    No joke,time will tell won't it.If I'm wrong don't forget to let me know,if not I bet I don't hear from you!

No joke,time will tell won't it.If I'm wrong don't forget to let me know,if not I bet I don't hear from you!
    CCB need josh maguire and troy hearfield back if you want to finish out of the bottom 3. Just my opinion but. If I'm wrong don't forget to let me know