Page 13 of 76 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: FFA Cup - NNSWF

http://www.pursuitofthecupau.com/#!nnsw/c1z4i

This isn't an official FFA site but gets the job done. Whichever teams win in next round play the teams from up the coast in the finals series.

Last night, at Baxter field:

Valentine too good for Simba FC
    West Wallsend beat Thornton (3-1)

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    Whos left in it in our zone here ??? is there a link we can look at ???
    Yep. Go to Wikipedia for all the best info. Most up to date at all times I think.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_F...iminary_rounds
    Last edited by Xander; 26-03-2015 at 05:17 PM. Reason: ditched the mobile website...

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Yep. Go to Wikipedia for all the best info. Most up to date at all times I think.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015...iminary_rounds
    Pursuit of the Cup is not bad either.

http://www.pursuitofthecupau.com/
    OK

CCB vs A'town
    Southy v Edgy

Magic Bye

Can someone tell me why the other teams, jesmond, valentine and west wallsend aren't in the draw, it's the FFA cup for ffs, all should be in the draw

Great work again from Eland and the crew. How F'ing hard is it to put all the names in a hat and draw the F'ers out?
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

This

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Can someone tell me why the other teams, jesmond,
    valentine and west wallsend aren't in the draw, it's the FFA cup for ffs, all should be in the draw
    Agreed forever red. I thought because ffa had taken over the running of the cup this year that it would finally be a fair draw where every team went in the same draw. But good old nnsw rig the draw again. Clubs are playing for a spot in the main draw of a nationally televised competition so how do you MANIPULATE the draw so only 3 teams from your top division (npl) can qualify for the quarter finals. And we still have byes. Ffs there are 8 clubs left. Why are they all not in a draw to play. How do you get a club getting a free pass (bye) into the quarter final stage. Does FFA even know of the ridiculous way nnsw has continually run this competition. Is there any other football federation in this country be it nsw, Victoria, S.A that deliberately draw their npl sides against each other order to make sure they eliminate over half of them before the final series. It is a SCANDAL

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Can someone tell me why the other teams, jesmond, valentine and west wallsend aren't in the draw, it's the FFA cup for ffs, all should be in the draw
    Probably should but they arent... I suppose its so that the Zone clubs get a pathway to the quarter finals... If the fed didn't, then no Zone club would fork out the $$$ to compete in the first place, pay the refs and pay to play at the speers point complex... otherwise its a glorified trial where you get smacked 12-0 by an NPL or 2nd Div club during the First/Second round... its the system we have been blessed with so why waste energy complaining.

Focus on beating Edgeworth

Quote Originally Posted by winner View Post
    Agreed forever red. I thought because ffa had taken over the running of the cup this year that it would finally be a fair draw where every team went in the same draw. But good old nnsw rig the draw again. Clubs are playing for a spot in the main draw of a nationally televised competition so how do you MANIPULATE the draw so only 3 teams from your top division (npl) can qualify for the quarter finals. And we still have byes. Ffs there are 8 clubs left. Why are they all not in a draw to play. How do you get a club getting a free pass (bye) into the quarter final stage. Does FFA even know of the ridiculous way nnsw has continually run this competition. Is there any other football federation in this country be it nsw, Victoria, S.A that deliberately draw their npl sides against each other order to make sure they eliminate over half of them before the final series. It is a SCANDAL
    Lol. The FFA do it too.
    Take some magnesium and chill out.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Lol. The FFA do it too.

Take some magnesium and chill out.
    Lol,only difference is FFA do it to ensure the best teams (THE A LEAGUE CLUBS) get bought into the draw at the latter stages. Yiu guys make sure most of the best teams in your area get knocked out by quarter finals. Oh, and I have never seen the FFA have teams progressing straight through to the main draw via a bye drawn out of a cardboard box. FMD you guys up at northern really are top notch

Lol,only difference is FFA do it to ensure the best teams (THE A LEAGUE CLUBS) get bought into the draw at the latter stages. Yiu guys make sure most of the best teams in your area get knocked out by quarter finals. Oh, and I have never seen the FFA have teams progressing straight through to the main draw via a bye drawn out of a cardboard box. FMD you guys up at northern really are top notch
    Bentliegh greens beat how many alegue teams?

The professional teams might not start till there's only 32 teams left, but even From that point the draw is controlled.

Banned
    Same FFA who actually rig the draw so one of the NPL sides actually make the semis.
    Same FFA who rig the draw so 3 HAL teams are defo knocked out after the first round they are involved as they are MADE to play HAL teams and do not get the opportunity to smash some NPL side??

Northern have plenty of issues and are worthy of criticism make no mistake about it.

You though are pissing into the wind here

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    Probably should but they arent... I suppose its so that the Zone clubs get a pathway to the quarter finals... If the fed didn't, then no Zone club would fork out the $$$ to compete in the first place, pay the refs and pay to play at the speers point complex... otherwise its a glorified trial where you get smacked 12-0 by an NPL or 2nd Div club during the First/Second round... its the system we have been blessed with so why waste energy complaining.

Focus on beating Edgeworth
    Says he, with Magic getting a bye so far in to the competition ..... pleassssse

Luck of the draw

This has been completely open and in the Preliminary Series Rules since the day Northern first released them so there is no point complaining "conspiracy"or "SCANDAL" now. And yes the FFA know the rules so they obviously accept the ideas behind them.

The rule broke the series up into three pools Northern (all Associations except Newcastle/Lake Mac & Hunter) and they were guaranteed to of eight spots in the Qtr Finals and theat in the first Round of those Qtr Finals they can not draw each other.

NewFM/ID were put into Southern Pool A Four Round 1 and played only each other and were guaranteed three of eight Qtr Finals Spots.

NPL Sides were put into Southern Pool B and would be guaranteed the remaining three spots provided they beat the lower grades clubs they may come up against along the way.

It is done that way do get sides willing to enter, why would a Tamworth side enter or Balina if they might draw Edgie in Round 1 and have to travel 6 hours to get smashed. Why would NewFm teams bother since in theory all NPL clubs should beat them, and so on with the ID teams.

Places in the Finals Series of the FFA Cup (where A League Teams join), is based on the number of initial entrants so the more entrants the more chances you have of retaining our current two places. To get those I think its around 80 sides to keep two spots, Northern makes it worth clubs entering because there is a chance they can make the Qtr Finals.

If all you do is set it up so its 8 NPL Clubs why not just call it an extra Round of the NPL?

Or you could call it an FA cup competition

Quote Originally Posted by curious_fan View Post
    This has been completely open and in the Preliminary Series Rules since the day Northern first released them so there is no point complaining "conspiracy"or "SCANDAL" now. And yes the FFA know the rules so they obviously accept the ideas behind them.

The rule broke the series up into three pools Northern (all Associations except Newcastle/Lake Mac & Hunter) and they were guaranteed to of eight spots in the Qtr Finals and theat in the first Round of those Qtr Finals they can not draw each other.

NewFM/ID were put into Southern Pool A Four Round 1 and played only each other and were guaranteed three of eight Qtr Finals Spots.

NPL Sides were put into Southern Pool B and would be guaranteed the remaining three spots provided they beat the lower grades clubs they may come up against along the way.

It is done that way do get sides willing to enter, why would a Tamworth side enter or Balina if they might draw Edgie in Round 1 and have to travel 6 hours to get smashed. Why would NewFm teams bother since in theory all NPL clubs should beat them, and so on with the ID teams.

Places in the Finals Series of the FFA Cup (where A League Teams join), is based on the number of initial entrants so the more entrants the more chances you have of retaining our current two places. To get those I think its around 80 sides to keep two spots, Northern makes it worth clubs entering because there is a chance they can make the Qtr Finals.

If all you do is set it up so its 8 NPL Clubs why not just call it an extra Round of the NPL?
    Because with an open draw there is a chance NPL clubs can meet each other early on in the Cup as there is also a chance of a Zone league Club avoiding a NPL Club all the way through.
    That is the beauty of a Cup competition.

Although I agree with the Northern and Southern pools concept to lessen travel on Clubs.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    Says he, with Magic getting a bye so far in to the competition ..... pleassssse
    To be fair to The Magician, I didn't hear any whinging when they got drawn against the Jaffa's. Luck of the draw, play on!