Page 1 of 76 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: FFA Cup - NNSWF

FFA Cup - NNSWF

Can I just ask why they changed the old system and how the new one is better?

Im just glad its randomly drawn for the 1st rounds again.

I quite like the new one... I think it works much better.
    Some interesting match ups there. New Lambton vs New Lambton and Swansea vs Belswans.
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

its better because the old one wasn't at all fair for newfm and nbn teams.

Zone league teams got a way easyier run to Coffs then Newfm.

Always 2 zone league teams then 2 nbn teams at coffs. Then a random draw could have placed 2 nbn teams on the same side of the draw meaning a good chance of our best not representing nothern. I am a big fan of zpl and there is some quality in it but its probably not worthy of representing Nothern new south wales.

This way is much fairer for the Nbn and Newfm teams. If a zone league team can knock them off then they deserve to be there but they shouldn't get a 'free ride' like they got before.

Just looking at it though. Lower zone leagues half are guaranteed two games.
    Third round realistically should be nearly all Npl.
    I understand about who represents Nnsw but isn't it the beauty of the cup?
    By third round Npl again will be taking the majority of income through games played at their grounds.
    If you want a fair draw why not include all and if Magic draw New Lambton FC then throw them a bone and have the game home for New Lambton.

Quote Originally Posted by Shere Khan View Post
    Just looking at it though. Lower zone leagues half are guaranteed two games.
    Third round realistically should be nearly all Npl.
    I understand about who represents Nnsw but isn't it the beauty of the cup?
    By third round Npl again will be taking the majority of income through games played at their grounds.
    If you want a fair draw why not include all and if Magic draw New Lambton FC then throw them a bone and have the game home for New Lambton.
    No where in the world are teams just in one hat, not even FA cup. EPL teams dont come into that until Rd.3 or 4.
    Going about it your way, A-league teams shouldn't get a later entry either. Could have Melbourne Victory playing against Hunter Simba (old rivals i hear!)

Seems like there are some L3 teams missing... I thought every team was involved?

And Belmont Tingira in?

I thought it might have just been the new teams in L3 not involved but Cooks Hill only have one team and i assume its the NEWFM one?

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Seems like there are some L3 teams missing... I thought every team was involved?
    Not all teams are automatically involved. That was the case in the past, but now you have to register your interest before being involved in the Cup.

Some good local matchups in the First Round too. Its pretty cool that New Lambton FC's (ZL3) first ever competitive game will be against the New Lambton Eagles FC.
    I too prefer the new style draw. We have made it to Coffs twice in the past with the old system, but this new one allow the best teams to represent NNSWF in that tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    Not all teams are automatically involved. That was the case in the past, but now you have to register your interest before being involved in the Cup.
    Clubs can only nominate 1 team (That Rules out Cooks Hill, Uni and Olympic Lower ZL teams)

Ah ok, that makes sense.
    Cooks Hill L3 were involved last year weren't they? I swear i watched them out at Morisset?
    Has that rule come in this season?

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Ah ok, that makes sense.
    Cooks Hill L3 were involved last year weren't they? I swear i watched them out at Morisset?
    Has that rule come in this season?
    New rule for FFA cup now they run it from qualifying rounds all the way thru

Quote Originally Posted by Swanky View Post
    New rule for FFA cup now they run it from qualifying rounds all the way thru
    Ok right, because last year was still considered NNSW State cup wasn't it.
    All over it now! haha

Quote Originally Posted by Swanky View Post
    Clubs can only nominate 1 team (That Rules out Cooks Hill, Uni and Olympic Lower ZL teams)
    So this applies even if the two teams have nothing to do with each other except share a club name ie.bero ZPL & other bero ZL squad

Those two Bero's are completely different clubs.

They're both in the cup.

If teams are from the 1 club only can compete has to be the highest team

Mayfield Seniors/Juniors Separate Clubs as with Bero, New Lambton, Dudley and Charlestown now that Azzurri or CCB have broken away from the juniors