Page 48 of 76 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: FFA Cup - NNSWF

Muswellbrook v Swansea just finished.
    Still played in Muswellbrook.

1-1 end of normal time
    Swansea won on pens 4-5

Any results from games at Dudley today ? and at Muswellbrook ?

Westlakes 2 - 1 Hamilton

Azzurri throughly outplayed

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    Westlakes 2 - 1 Hamilton

Azzurri throughly outplayed
    Reports say many got got
    OK

Dudley 1 - 1 Suburbs.

Dudley through on pens. Have to give Dudley credit due to their field being pretty much dry and flat except for a small section considering the rain and the two games on earlier in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Reports say many got got
    Watching yesterday as a netrual was interesting, from the theatrics when the Azzurri Captain went down seemingly breaking his leg in half, only to come back on the field minutes later, turning down the stretcher in the process to the 'Ultra' on the far hill who did not let up the good natured cheering all game. Coaches exchanging words at full time, a sublime goal from 35 yards out, almost injury time goal from Azzurri GK, this game did have it all. Azzurri wanted it more in the last 10 and almost jagged 2 goals, but Westlakes were the better team and with their usual 2 strikers would have been 5-0 at the half. But that's Cup football, the dream of the Azzurri is over for another year.
    Last edited by The Postman; 19-03-2017 at 11:07 AM.

Games at Bero FC are off!

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    Watching yesterday as a netrual was interesting, from the theatrics when the Azzurri Captain went down seemingly breaking his leg in half, only to come back on the field minutes later, turning down the stretcher in the process to the 'Ultra' on the far hill who did not let up the good natured cheering all game. Coaches exchanging words at full time, a sublime goal from 35 yards out, almost injury goal from Azzurri GK, this game did have it all. Azzurri wanted it more in the last 10 and almost jagged 2 goals, but Westlakes were the better team and with their usual 2 strikers would have been 5-0 at the half. But that's Cup football, the dream of the Azzurri is over for another year.
    Yeah mate, absolutely spot on about the theatrics from the Skipper that did his ACL and attempted to play on. What a scumbag

Westlakes outplayed for majority of the game, maybe two 10 minute spells when they were the better team and credit to them, they made those spells count. Lucky they have a switched on coach at the helm, otherwise I'd be tipping them for a long year.

Quote Originally Posted by salmon View Post
    Yeah mate, absolutely spot on about the theatrics from the Skipper that did his ACL and attempted to play on. What a scumbag

Westlakes outplayed for majority of the game, maybe two 10 minute spells when they were the better team and credit to them, they made those spells count. Lucky they have a switched on coach at the helm, otherwise I'd be tipping them for a long year.
    Did he? Ah that's terrible, couldn't tell from the stands to be honest, you wouldn't normally see wouldn't see a bloke continue playing on like he did. He and #28 were a class above yesterday.

I feel for the bloke who did his ACL, I figured that's what had happened from the way he went down initially but was pretty surprised when he continued on. When he went down a second time I felt like going over and saying its not worth it, may as well just go off. Azzurri were good value yesterday and while we were poor, they still played a solid game. The last 10 were a bit shaky from us and you guys didn't stop coming, but we really should have buried the game in the 10 leading to half time. Fair play though, it was a tight encounter and you guys should look forward to a strong season ahead. All the best

Pasadena on?

Don't think any grounds were open today ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shere Khan View Post
    Pasadena on?
    called off

Nests on the home dugout at Blacksmiths Oval
    Round 2

Swansea v's Belswans...... odds on.

so score for Cardiff v Charly was 9-0, is this correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    so score for Cardiff v Charly was 9-0, is this correct?
    Score sheet says 8.

Lydon Oval is always great for drainage. Games were never in doubt

Quote Originally Posted by United View Post
    Score sheet says 8.
    8 or 9 who's counting then.
    match report the one I have is very one sided.

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    8 or 9 who's counting then.
    match report the one I have is very one sided.
    No counting I actually have the team sheets as most lost count. First 10 mins Charlestown took it to Cardiff. But as the goals started going in some of the Charlestown players looked like they gave up

Quote Originally Posted by United View Post
    No counting I actually have the team sheets as most lost count. First 10 mins Charlestown took it to Cardiff. But as the goals started going in some of the Charlestown players looked like they gave up
    fair enough.
    how are Charly fairing this year, haven't heard much about them?