Page 26 of 76 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: FFA Cup - NNSWF

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    Why shouldn't clubs charge if they are hosting, Maitland when they were in NewFM had no problem charging the NBN clubs that were playing Solo Cup as Cooks Square Park, if clubs are allowed to in the regulations you would be negligent on behalf on your club not to add that to your income stream. If you are a true supporter of your team then the $5 entry fee should not be an issue... if paying is a problem then your're probably one of them types that has an esky and a maccas family box hidden in the ute , and you leave the glass empties on the grass as your exit the venue. To you i say you are a disgrace and should bar yourself from every venue.

NPL clubs were asked who wanted to host, Magic were the last club to accept their hosting duties after most other clubs had already responded and one position was available and club were re-asked at the all clubs meeting. If you feel so strongly about hosting maybe you should notify the federation that you intend to forfeit South Cardiff's participation in the FFA Cup if they get drawn to play at a NPL venue. Because at the end of the day it is about the football and clubs should have every opportunity to participate on the best facilities that would otherwise be out of reach. Compared to NPL clubs playing on cow paddocks, cricket pitches or near chicken sheds. Magic will be charging entry and it will go far to recoup the costs in ensuring the facility is in optimum condition for its guests. Should you wish to move from behind your keyboard i'm sure many NPL clubs will relish the opportunity to take $5 off you and possibly add $2 for your car if you cant make the distance with your walking frame.
    This post summarises why local footfall fans hate the arrogant cash grabbing from clubs who think they're something.

Any club who charges for this pre season cup can get fkd.

Yes you have every right for the grab. When the season proper starts put ya prices up to $20 for all I care. You'll never be that good anyway.

Why shouldn't clubs charge if they are hosting, Maitland when they were in NewFM had no problem charging the NBN clubs that were playing Solo Cup as Cooks Square Park, if clubs are allowed to in the regulations you would be negligent on behalf on your club not to add that to your income stream. If you are a true supporter of your team then the $5 entry fee should not be an issue... if paying is a problem then your're probably one of them types that has an esky and a maccas family box hidden in the ute , and you leave the glass empties on the grass as your exit the venue. To you i say you are a disgrace and should bar yourself from every venue.

NPL clubs were asked who wanted to host, Magic were the last club to accept their hosting duties after most other clubs had already responded and one position was available and club were re-asked at the all clubs meeting. If you feel so strongly about hosting maybe you should notify the federation that you intend to forfeit South Cardiff's participation in the FFA Cup if they get drawn to play at a NPL venue. Because at the end of the day it is about the football and clubs should have every opportunity to participate on the best facilities that would otherwise be out of reach. Compared to NPL clubs playing on cow paddocks, cricket pitches or near chicken sheds. Magic will be charging entry and it will go far to recoup the costs in ensuring the facility is in optimum condition for its guests. Should you wish to move from behind your keyboard i'm sure many NPL clubs will relish the opportunity to take $5 off you and possibly add $2 for your car if you cant make the distance with your walking frame.
    What a moron, your an embarrassment to Broadmeadow, I never once ridiculed your precious brotherhood, my post wAs about sharing the games to community clubs, I'm no key board warrior you moron, after 22 years service at one club plus 10 at another as a player and official I'm well and truly qualified to comment, you continually attack me and my former club, grow up or move on, your giving Broadmeadow a bad name, I'm quite happy to bring my able body to Broadmeadow and allow you to witness my able body without walking frame, very fit 52 year old thanks,your a very defensive moron, maybe there's a secret in your luggage you need to share to the world and release your negative energy, oh, and by the way, if I want to bring maccas into your chook pen I will,

It's exactly this attitude that shows how out of touch to the grassroots some NPL clubs are.

They are far more concerned about the next pay day and how we can bleed money out of the next joe blow rather than developing the game of Football and making our beautiful game accessible to all walks of life. You have proven how foolish you are and if you and the club you support wish to charge the backbone of our beautiful game to watch park football then shame on you and them.

I'm going to watch FFA Cup Football next weekend I'm not paying a cent to watch it, goodluck to the person who ask me to pay.
    Last edited by Premy; 21-02-2016 at 07:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Not sure you can use the Southy card against FR anymore...
    Correct

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    This post summarises why local footfall fans hate the arrogant cash grabbing from clubs who think they're something.

Any club who charges for this pre season cup can get fkd.

Yes you have every right for the grab. When the season proper starts put ya prices up to $20 for all I care. You'll never be that good anyway.
    Truth Bombs.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    It's exactly this attitude that shows how out of touch to the grassroots some NPL clubs are.

They are far more concerned about the next pay day and how we can bleed money out of the next joe blow rather than developing the game of Football and making our beautiful game accessible to all walks of life. You have proven how foolish you are and if you and the club you support wish to charge the backbone of our beautiful game to watch park football then shame on you and them.

I'm going to watch FFA Cup Football next weekend I'm not paying a cent to watch it, goodluck to the person who ask me to pay.
    I'm with you, great post

I'm not denouncing any club the chance to host these games, NPL clubs have every right to host these games much the same as any other club.
    But if they find it appropriate to charge an entry fee then as said earlier shame on them and congratulations on showing your true colors.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Before everyone starts attacking ALL NPL clubs, the only person on here who is agreeing with this is the Magician , who we all know is associated with Broadmeadow Magic. But for all we know all he does is clean the the toilets after games and slags off ForeverRed. I have been around football for over 30 years in newcastle and even though ForeverRed and his passion can go overboard a few times , to me he has more football credibility than most on here. Surely Broadmeadow can make enough money through their canteen instead of charging a $5 entry fee Magician

Quote Originally Posted by winner View Post
    Before everyone starts attacking ALL NPL clubs, the only person on here who is agreeing with this is the Magician , who we all know is associated with Broadmeadow Magic. But for all we know all he does is clean the the toilets after games and slags off ForeverRed. I have been around football for over 30 years in newcastle and even though ForeverRed and his passion can go overboard a few times , to me he has more football credibility than most on here. Surely Broadmeadow can make enough money through their canteen instead of charging a $5 entry fee Magician
    Fiar post, I definitely don't want to tar NPL clubs for actions they have yet to make. I just hop common sense prevails.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

If you find credibility from that rant you cant judge sh1t.

most of us have done that 30yrs or more of football and dont pretend to be an arrogant know it all. give it away

Any more scores in?

Charging to watch Semi-Professional football is one thing, but half these teams that are playing don't get paid to play, so it's a bit harsh to make them pay.
    I may entertain the idea of paying to watch the games if all of the games were NPL/NEWFM teams as these are all semi-professional paid players. But while there are ZPL-->ZL3 teams (With players who still have to pay their own rego and don't get paid) till participating, it is arrogant and is depriving some people of the enjoyment of watching the game.
    I know if I was charged $5 to watch a game I'd normally watch for free, I sure as hell would be smuggling in all my Maccas and food and drink that I pleased to ensure I wasn't robbed further...Free entry may leave a better taste in patrons' mouths and entice them to enjoy the range of the canteen/playing at licensed venues.

Mate I'm absolutely knackered after reading that.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Entry fee is a maximum of $5, you can put your house on it they'll charge, this is why the community clubs should host so they have he chance to make some coin, why on earth magic gets the opportunity to host after all the fixtures that were thrown their way last year is beyond me, this has nothing to do with facilities it's about giving every other club opportunity to host and gain financialy
    It helps to know the right people, these games aren't televised or need to be and they aren't needed for night.

*snippity-snip*
    Well you would defend Magic wouldn't you.

Surely Broadmeadow can make enough money through their canteen instead of charging a $5 entry fee Magician
    That's where you are going to make the money from hosting these games.

If you all are upset about being charged to enter FFA Cup fixtures communicate this with NNSWF to remove it from the regulations. As long as one club decides to charge well within their rights its not fair that they are chastised for their decision to do so. Magic will spend over $400 for line marking, rolling and stripping of the field of play to ensure it is tip top for the players. They could just get one of the pensioners to do it with their regular ride on but that isn't what Magic is about. And you all seem to forget that NPL clubs pay $2500 to enter the FFA Cup not the $250 lower division clubs do. NNSWF dont charge at the LMRFF because they cant segregate the football 5's crowd from the FFA Cup attendees if they could manage it they would as well, then everyone would be flailing their arms like Popeye's Mrs. And to think you'll make millions off the crowd at the canteen... hahaha how many people went to spectate today or yesterday? not great crowd figures today at the LMRFF lucky for 50-60 people to be watching for each team AND IT WAS FOR FREE and most would have walked straight past the canteen!!!

And for those who claim Magic is out of touch with the community you have no idea what you are talking about, please call out other clubs who worked so hard to assist the community... Our charity shield has raised over $40K for the Westpac Rescue, in 2013 we raised over $8000 for Hunter prostate cancer, 2014 over $6000 for Autism, Magic currently sponsors Hunter Simba their gear as an account they pick up at the end of the season with NNSWF. Our players raised money for the boy at South Cardiff who tragically lost his family, we were the centre piece to an event to raise money for Molly-Jane Boyson through Chris Turner raising thousands just at our home game, just to name a few main ones off the top of my head.

If NCC didnt mess up Adamstown Oval we would all be talking about if A'town would be charging, but Magic obliged to host the fixture on thursday after receiving a call from NNSWF i was told this afternoon from a committee member as Magic were the second game of the three fixtures, just to clarify one of my earlier statements.

If you all are upset about being charged to enter FFA Cup fixtures communicate this with NNSWF to remove it from the regulations. As long as one club decides to charge well within their rights its not fair that they are chastised for their decision to do so. Magic will spend over $400 for line marking, rolling and stripping of the field of play to ensure it is tip top for the players. They could just get one of the pensioners to do it with their regular ride on but that isn't what Magic is about. And you all seem to forget that NPL clubs pay $2500 to enter the FFA Cup not the $250 lower division clubs do. NNSWF dont charge at the LMRFF because they cant segregate the football 5's crowd from the FFA Cup attendees if they could manage it they would as well, then everyone would be flailing their arms like Popeye's Mrs. And to think you'll make millions off the crowd at the canteen... hahaha how many people went to spectate today or yesterday? not great crowd figures today at the LMRFF lucky for 50-60 people to be watching for each team AND IT WAS FOR FREE and most would have walked straight past the canteen!!!

And for those who claim Magic is out of touch with the community you have no idea what you are talking about, please call out other clubs who worked so hard to assist the community... Our charity shield has raised over $40K for the Westpac Rescue, in 2013 we raised over $8000 for Hunter prostate cancer, 2014 over $6000 for Autism, Magic currently sponsors Hunter Simba their gear as an account they pick up at the end of the season with NNSWF. Our players raised money for the boy at South Cardiff who tragically lost his family, we were the centre piece to an event to raise money for Molly-Jane Boyson through Chris Turner raising thousands just at our home game, just to name a few main ones off the top of my head.

If NCC didnt mess up Adamstown Oval we would all be talking about if A'town would be charging, but Magic obliged to host the fixture on thursday after receiving a call from NNSWF i was told this afternoon from a committee member as Magic were the second game of the three fixtures, just to clarify one of my earlier statements.
    Sorry but you've totally missed the point, every club helps out in the community, most you don't hear about, this is about engaging football people who would normally not visit an NPL club, I'd start by greeting with open arms and try and get them to return

As long as one club decides to charge well within their rights its not fair that they are chastised for their decision to do so.
    Just because you can doesn't mean you should. You may be allowed to charge whatever you want but everyone is allowed to condemn Magic for doing so.

Should ask for donations at the gate.
    Disclose cost of ground prep, and that once these costs are recouped, that all gate takings will be split between clubs competing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

We'll done idiot.
    We should all bow down and kiss Magics feet for all the great work they do. Raising all that money for charity, when did they come up with the idea to do that that no other club in NNSW has ever done.

Yeah even more evidence that you are and magic are out of touch.
    I have the sudden urge to go to Magic park next Sunday, just going to walk straight in. Please come tell me how awesome Magic are and because they're so awesome that's why I should have paid $5.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    We'll done idiot.
    We should all bow down and kiss Magics feet for all the great work they do. Raising all that money for charity, when did they come up with the idea to do that that no other club in NNSW has ever done.

Yeah even more evidence that you are and magic are out of touch.
    I have the sudden urge to go to Magic park next Sunday, just going to walk straight in. Please come tell me how awesome Magic are and because they're so awesome that's why I should have paid $5.
    Excellent, while you are there enjoy a kebap roll with plenty of chilli flakes and some bbq sauce. For anyone who has been in a committee and volunteered you may begin to understand how much work it takes to recoup $400 from the canteen.

Whilst in attendance your bow is not required sometimes people just dont know that what we do at Magic Park and that it is not always for Magic's express benefit/profit like so many people seem to suggest.