Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Trial Games

Quote Originally Posted by I changed my user name View Post
    Jaffas very impressive , early indications making for positive vibes in the Jaffas camp.

No other teams having trials yet ? seems odd given we are well into February now.
    Have been 2 good results, but also havnt played any one of similar quality with no disrespect to Lakes or the suns, but they are obviously in different divisions.
    Although I did hear the Suns played Adamstown last week and Suns were up 1-0 at half time and from what the suns said yesterday it ended up 4-3 win to Adamstown?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaf Jaf View Post
    Have been 2 good results, but also havnt played any one of similar quality with no disrespect to Lakes or the suns, but they are obviously in different divisions.
    Although I did hear the Suns played Adamstown last week and Suns were up 1-0 at half time and from what the suns said yesterday it ended up 4-3 win to Adamstown?
    You can only deal with what is in front of you at that given time and Jaffas are doing exactly that. Pretty sure someone said that Adamstown only played a one of the parts of that game with a few first grade players and also with multiple first grade players not playing so not sure if that is totally accurate but regardless back to Jaffas and they are looking very sharp and showed the gulf in divisions and worth noting they had a few senior players that you would think would start missing yesterday.

You can only deal with what is in front of you at that given time and Jaffas are doing exactly that. Pretty sure someone said that Adamstown only played a one of the parts of that game with a few first grade players and also with multiple first grade players not playing so not sure if that is totally accurate but regardless back to Jaffas and they are looking very sharp and showed the gulf in divisions and worth noting they had a few senior players that you would think would start missing yesterday.
    Pity that so far Jaffas have played sides about as hard as a week old blancmange,play a team of some considerably more substance before talking them up.Hopefully they'll get past their first FFA Cup game & we'll see them play a better quality side

Quote Originally Posted by Tonester View Post
    Pity that so far Jaffas have played sides about as hard as a week old blancmange,play a team of some considerably more substance before talking them up.Hopefully they'll get past their first FFA Cup game & we'll see them play a better quality side
    Talking them up ? merely saying that they are looking impressive and "early indications are good" ..... hardly a claim for world domination.

Talking them up ? merely saying that they are looking impressive and "early indications are good" ..... hardly a
    claim for world domination.
    Talking them up would equate to how impressive they look beating below par teams which is what you have been doing on multiple threads

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
    Talking them up would equate to how impressive they look beating below par teams which is what you have been doing on multiple threads
    Touché!Well said.

Ok calm down ... slow day in the hairdressers is it (joke) .

You are correct Jaffas should not be acclaimed as world betters based on the findings of two trails games against lower division teams . I certainly am not doing so , merely pointing out that they are looking impressive at this early stage and happy to stand by that statement.

I am also fairly certain other strong NPL teams would settle the balance against the sons and Lakes with similair scorelines or perhaps even better them and if i attend games featuring other NPL teams I will give a balanced review of these teams as I have jaffas.

FYI , Jaffas is not my team.

Ok calm down ... slow day in the hairdressers is it (joke) .

You are correct Jaffas should not be acclaimed as world betters based on the findings of two trails games against lower division teams . I certainly am not doing so , merely pointing out that they are looking impressive at this early stage and happy to stand by that statement.

I am also fairly certain other strong NPL teams would settle the balance against the sons and Lakes with similair scorelines or perhaps even better them and if i attend games featuring other NPL teams I will give a balanced review of these teams as I have jaffas.

FYI , Jaffas is not my team.
    Chill out mate just winding you up,can't get too serious until the serious stuff starts eh!

Chill out mate just winding you up,can't get too serious until the serious stuff starts eh!
    I hear ya mate

Motown v Belswans

3rds
    0-3
    2nds
    1-1
    Firsts
    2-0

Motown 2 for 2 against New FM teams this year....

and we are definitely not claiming to be world beaters. But in I changed my user name defence, Lakes are no mugs. They beat Olympic and took points from the jets and some big scalps last year.
    Pretty similar team from what I could see.
    We have a challenge against Pheonix this year, our bogie team! 1st year up we lost and drew with them, a trial last year they beat us 1-0!
    hahaha! hopefully we can break our duck!

Toronto v Mayfield
    4-3

I think the Stags were down 3-1 at one stage, Shal came off, 23s keeper went on and so did a couple other 23/19s guys. This made the difference, fresh young legs. Could be a tough season but better days will surely be ahead.

Cheers,anyone else having a hit out this weekend apart from Charlestown?
    Any scores Charlestown against valo

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
    Any scores Charlestown against valo
    Charlie won firsts 2/1 drew 22's & won easy 19's.Playing Wallsend this Sunday,should give slight indication of their(Wallsend's)chances this season.Will know more about Azzuri in a few weeks time.

Quote Originally Posted by 2285 View Post
    Olympic beat brookvale 5-3 in 1st and u/22's won 4/2
    What was the game like? How did Olympics new recruits go?

Jesmond play Merewether at Heaton Park this Sunday, Feb 15. If any team were looking for a kick to play our 3rd grade around noon please make contact on 0412 449 333.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbelong@jesmondpark View Post
    Jesmond play Merewether at Heaton Park this Sunday, Feb 15. If any team were looking for a kick to play our 3rd grade around noon please make contact on 0412 449 333.
    Wallsend Zl3 could possibly field a team to play your third grade team ill contact the directing coach and get back to you asap

Quote Originally Posted by Jaf Jaf View Post
    and we are definitely not claiming to be world beaters.
    But in I changed my user name defence, Lakes are no mugs. They beat Olympic and took points from the jets and some big scalps last year.
    Pretty similar team from what I could see.
    We have a challenge against Pheonix this year, our bogie team! 1st year up we lost and drew with them, a trial last year they beat us 1-0!
    hahaha! hopefully we can break our duck!
    I think you will find the Lakes side this year is considerably weaker than that of last year Tanch. The Walker brothers are about the only players that stayed

I'm backing valo to win newfm.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    I'm backing valo to win newfm.
    That currently looks a bit like saying I am backing Jets to finish last LOL ... I agree Valo team to beat although might not be so easy mind.