Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Football Kits Thread

good to see liverpool go a more classic look after those two horror away kits last season.

quite like the 3rd kit

Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Re: Man united kit.
    I really can't see the arsenal likeness but I do see the Nigel De Jong target on their chests, I hope they don't get drawn against AC Milan in Europe this season.

New West Ham kit...

Sorry, wrong pic...

No like....I know it's a nod to the 86 team but West Ham without blue sleeves is like Arsenal without white (I know they tried it themselves once).

And the blue shorts make it look pox !

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    New Manure kit

Can't help but feel that a red shirt, with white on the sleeves (granted this one isn't full white sleeves), is too similar to an iconic Arsenal kit. Those sleeves are very similar to the 12/13-13/14 Arsenal ones though, with the white followed by the dark on the end.

I don't see the huge issue with the gold Chev logo tbh, but a lot of Manure fans are whinging about that (and also that Fellaini is in the picture).

I still will never work out why Manure don't go black shorts to go with their black socks for their home kit, but anyway.
    it doesn't look anything like an arsenal kit.

we've always worn white shorts; black short are only used when there is a clash.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    Excuse the photoshop job but if we do GazFish's trick of removing logos/sponsors/badges you're going to tell me they're not even remotely alike looking?

Yep I get Manure have always done white shorts, I've just never understood why. Red devils IMO should just be red and black. The white should only be used as really thin trim IMO. I have never understood why the white is so prominent in their kits - particularly seeing as though one of their main rivals Arsenal use red & white. Always made sense for me for Manure to steer away from the white.
    OK

Excuse the photoshop job but if we do GazFish's trick of removing logos/sponsors/badges you're going to tell me they're not even remotely alike looking?

Yep I get Manure have always done white shorts, I've just never understood why. Red devils IMO should just be red and black. The white should only be used as really thin trim IMO. I have never understood why the white is so prominent in their kits - particularly seeing as though one of their main rivals Arsenal use red & white. Always made sense for me for Manure to steer away from the white.
    two red shirts look kind of alike; who'd have thunk it? looks like a united shirt to me. is it really that much different from something like this:

why would we base our kits on what colour shorts arsenal wear? maybe you guys should wear blue shorts.

ps: united have worn red shirts and white shorts since 1902, whereas arsenal didn't adopt their current red until the 1930s.

Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

two red shirts look kind of alike; who'd have thunk it?
    Do they look alike or not parksey? You're giving mixed messages m8.

What is your reasoning for saying Arsenal should wear blue shorts?

Wiki tells me in the 20s/30s Manure didn't even wear red shirts - is this true?

New kit looks pretty similar to that Sharp kit. I still have no idea why adding white to the sleeves would be deemed as a good option by Manure, though.
    OK

Do they look alike or not parksey? You're giving mixed messages m8.

What is your reasoning for saying Arsenal should wear blue shorts?

Wiki tells me in the 20s/30s Manure didn't even wear red shirts - is this true?

New kit looks pretty similar to that Sharp kit. I still have no idea why adding white to the sleeves would be deemed as a good option by Manure, though.
    well when you blank out all the club crests and sponsors then yes: two red shirts look rather similar. as far as the design goes i don't think they resemble an arsenal kit anymore than the next red shirt.

what is your reasoning for saying united should wear black shorts?

according to my extensive knowledge, they had a white shirt with a red v for about 3 years in the 20s and a hooped shirt for one year in 1934. other than that it's been the red shirt with white shorts ever since they've been man utd.

yeah, i dunno. maybe because it's been a pretty constant feature of the kit throughout the club's history.

dont mind the new Inter kit.

Note: not any sign of the carry on about the size of the sponsors logo even though its about 3 x bigger than Uniteds
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

yeah i'm a fan

I'm with parskey. They don't look anything like an arsenal kit, except the colour red.

I do however reckon they look heaps like Liverpool.

FFS pv4 it's a red shirt, with white trim. Call FIFA, the socceroos and Brazil look similar too, but we only let in 4 against that team playing Wanderers shirts.

yeah i'm a fan
    agree. Me too

Napoli denim third kit

:rolfz:
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Napoli denim third kit

Oh wow
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles