Page 23 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2015

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    I wouldn't take anything that bloke says as gospel either. Blogger masquerading as a journo. And failing at it.
    100% agree. His credibility is pretty much non existent

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Geez it's hard to gauge the actual truth - were Branko, GVE and Phil completely hamstrung by Middleby, Baartz and Palmer? Why exactly did those three walk? Was it that Tinkler had stupidly left the club in their hands and found out a few weeks ago it was a basket case that could not be sold? Did the senior players become more agitated because those three were actually their allies telling the coach how to run things?

Someone should write a book one day !
    I reckon you have hit the nail on the head with all of that. The only extra point I would make is that Stubbins seems to have undermined Middleby and Baartz very early in his tenure by communicating directly with Tinks. Tinks then has responded favourably this and seen Phil as an honest bloke rather than I see it as a political ploy to protect himself.

I would reckon the internal review was orchestrated by Phil and Tinks to get rid of Middlny and Baartz who jumped ship early.

Anyone after a ticket to the Aussie match tonight? 110 bucks selling cost price.

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    I reckon you have hit the nail on the head with all of that. The only extra point I would make is that Stubbins seems to have undermined Middleby and Baartz very early in his tenure by communicating directly with Tinks. Tinks then has responded favourably this and seen Phil as an honest bloke rather than I see it as a political ploy to protect himself.

I would reckon the internal review was orchestrated by Phil and Tinks to get rid of Middlny and Baartz who jumped ship early.
    That's really interesting. It's got me thinking now too...
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Of course he has been going around both RM and RB. Wasn't it about 7-8 weeks now Stubbins said it is Tinklers money and he was letting him know directly how it was being spent.

Sure that was almost 2 months back.

But Middleby wasn't doing anything! It was all Palmer and has been for the past 4 years. Bit hard to go behind someone's back when they aren't doing anything.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Of course he has been going around both RM and RB. Wasn't it about 7-8 weeks now Stubbins said it is Tinklers money and he was letting him know directly how it was being spent.

Sure that was almost 2 months back.
    It was only 3-4 weeks ago and what is your point?

Don't recall GVE doing so and Branko stated that once Palmer became his contact point to Tinks it was the beginning of the end.

It shows that Stubbins was covering his arse early on and undermining RM & RB. However if it's true that RM & RB were signing the players then Stubbins probably had every reason to bypass them

That Stubbs was undermining early on to deflect as much resposibility as possible way from him. That was my point and all IMO of course.

If my time frame is wrong then happy to be corrected, Not worth getting on a soapbox over quite frankly.

Sticking to his story, certainly ain't gonna be a dull finish to season and offseason

Alot of what he said was true as far as pumping money in and also coping the blame for shit results and lets face it we've all been bagging results since GVE came in. Interesting he couldn't work out Clayton's comments in the paper. I'll tell him why because he's a lying, backstabbing #$%*. Sacking him is the best thing the club has done.

Tinks just sacked Ange Postecoglou.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Tinks just sacked Ange Postecoglou.
    He would to

FFS Gallaway starting for WSW!!!!....... I obviously know nothing about football
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Fully expecting him to score the winner.

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    FFS Gallaway starting for WSW!!!!....... I obviously know nothing about football
    Comments I have seen on twitter suggest that he has left an acreage for City to get in behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Comments I have seen on twitter suggest that he has left an acreage for City to get in behind him.
    Being destroyed by the Hoff ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    he kept true form, still gash

Dundee still keen

It’s believed Thompson, who expressed his interest in the club to the Hunter Sports Group last December, may consider approaching Tinkler directly in a bid to thrash out a deal as the Tangerines seek to expand into Australia, a country it sees as a potential pipeline for emerging talent.
    http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/artic...-jets-ready-go

Just do it!

Quote Originally Posted by scarfy96 View Post
    You hear the stuff Tinks says and they sound okay, then you hear the stuff Thompson says from Dundee United, and they sound great! He sounds really passionate about wanting to be part of the A-League.

Remember that Tinks said that the claims that Dundee United were interested was all hot air. Another white lie from our white knight?