Page 24 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2015

Quote Originally Posted by hausmann View Post
    You hear the stuff Tinks says and they sound okay, then you hear the stuff Thompson says from Dundee United, and they sound great! He sounds really passionate about wanting to be part of the A-League.

Remember that Tinks said that the claims that Dundee United were interested was all hot air. Another white lie from our white knight?
    Did you read the article? There doesn't seem to have been any contact between Tinks and Thompson, just as Tinkler said. FFA is likely to have been in negotiations.

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    Did you read the article? There doesn't seem to have been any contact between Tinks and Thompson, just as Tinkler said. FFA is likely to have been in negotiations.
    Thompson attended five A-League games during his three-week visit late last year and met with officials from Sydney FC, Western Sydney Wanderers, Adelaide United and Perth Glory along with representatives of HSG.
    Yes I did. Just because he hasn't talked with Tinkler doesn't mean he didn't talk with the club.

The article itself confirms they are interested. Tinkler said it was "all smoke".

Isn't it up to HSG/Tinkler to chase them as a buyer? He has shown interest, does Tinkler expect him to knock on his door or should Tinkler be the one doing the knocking?

Yes I did. Just because he hasn't talked with Tinkler doesn't mean he didn't talk with the club.
    As I said earlier, don't believe for a second that Palmer is not still tied to Tinkler. He has just gone quiet.

Furthering on my Bridges vendetta..

In Tinkler's TWG interview (http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/video...kler-exclusive) at 1:50 he said the 5 senior players he sacked had a falling out with the head coach, and "some of the assistants". Zane has been completely upfront that he fell on the sword for supporting those senior players. The only assistant to survive Tinkler's wrath was Bridges. So Tinkler there has confirmed the senior playing group fell out with Bridges.

Just thought I'd drop that there..
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Furthering on my Bridges vendetta..

In Tinkler's TWG interview (http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/video...kler-exclusive) at 1:50 he said the 5 senior players he sacked had a falling out with the head coach, and "some of the assistants". Zane has been completely upfront that he fell on the sword for supporting those senior players. The only assistant to survive Tinkler's wrath was Bridges. So Tinkler there has confirmed the senior playing group fell out with Bridges.

Just thought I'd drop that there..
    Even if they fell out with Bridges, that doesn't mean that Bridges didn't resign because of how they were treated. Maybe he didn't like them and they didn't like him. Football isn't always about liking everyone. But there is still a framework that needs to be honoured.

Maybe there was a bit of self interest - as in, if he is starting up his own player agency, he knew that he wouldn't be trusted by a single player with their livelihoods if he sided with Tinkler on this one. If that's the case, he may not be a hero, but still made the right choice in the end.

Even if they fell out with Bridges, that doesn't mean that Bridges didn't resign because of how they were treated. Maybe he didn't like them and they didn't like him. Football isn't always about liking everyone. But there is still a framework that needs to be honoured.

Maybe there was a bit of self interest - as in, if he is starting up his own player agency, he knew that he wouldn't be trusted by a single player with their livelihoods if he sided with Tinkler on this one. If that's the case, he may not be a hero, but still made the right choice in the end.
    Like I am fairly sure I've said multiple times - I don't question that Bridges has or hasn't done the right thing, because I believe he has done the right thing. I'm just continually questioning the motives of his moves, and the hero-status he should or shouldn't receive from this move. From where I'm sitting, I genuinely believe the 5 players and 3 coaches sacked were the fall-guys in an attempt by them to ensure football at this club and in this town did not get worse, but got better. Whereas Bridges seemingly did not subscribe to their beliefs, and in that I think this move was not even close to as self-less as many believe (and I believe phernz even tweeted or facebooked about?).
    OK

Like I am fairly sure I've said multiple times - I don't question that Bridges has or hasn't done the right thing, because I believe he has done the right thing. I'm just continually questioning the motives of his moves, and the hero-status he should or shouldn't receive from this move. From where I'm sitting, I genuinely believe the 5 players and 3 coaches sacked were the fall-guys in an attempt by them to ensure football at this club and in this town did not get worse, but got better. Whereas Bridges seemingly did not subscribe to their beliefs, and in that I think this move was not even close to as self-less as many believe (and I believe phernz even tweeted or facebooked about?).
    I find myself agreeing with everything PV4 is posting lately. If it keeps up I might be a candidate for a fifty-one-fifty.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-02-0...urmoil/6063436

The Newcastle Jets have made the first move to replace the players sacked by owner Nathan Tinkler last week.

Although the validity of the terminations is being challenged by the players' union, experienced defender Daniel Mullen has been offered a contract to play with the team until the end of the season.

Mullen was released by the Western Sydney Wanderers so he could reunite with his former Adelaide United mentor and current Jets coach Phil Stubbins.

Mullen said rumours of turmoil at the club did not discourage him and he has not seen any signs of disunity.

"Since I have been here I have had two sessions and everything has been very positive so far," he said.

"Yeah it has been good - the boys have impressed me so far.

"There has been a good intensity to training.

"It's the first time I have been here and the pitch is good.

"Everything is just as I expected so so far so good."

so from that article i gues everything is 'good'
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    so from that article i gues everything is 'good'
    Poet laureate that Mullen kid, for sure. Goes good. Has good engines. Uses good words. Is good, basically.

He's using subliminal messages to tell us that we're signing Curtis Good.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I find myself agreeing with everything PV4 is posting lately. If it keeps up I might be a candidate for a fifty-one-fifty.
    the bandwagon keeps on growing
    OK

the bandwagon keeps on growing
    Or in your case, gypsy caravan..

I notice he's wearing kit number 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

In better news, the Jets finally have a top notch media manager in Benny O'Neill. Shame that his first job is to put a good spin on this nonsense.
    Last edited by hausmann; 02-02-2015 at 03:52 PM.

In better news, the Jets finally have a top notch media manager in Benny O'Neill. Shame that his first job is to put a good spin on this nonsense.
    first task will be to explain why he took the job!

Good to have brought a local back to the club.
    OK

gerard laws always did a good job imo and every dealing i ever had with him he was very helpful, he was restricted by what he could achieve and i hope benny doesn't get the same restrictions
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    first task will be to explain why he took the job!
    That part is obvious. Disfunctional Jets v Mariners - you choose.

No, I think his first job is to explain whether he had any role in this marketing idea:

Also, this is his current Twitter profile pic, FFS: