Page 25 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    No, I think his first job is to explain whether he had any role in this marketing idea:

You do realise that media is a completely separate department to marketing?
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Also, this is his current Twitter profile pic, FFS:

What a disgraceful embarrassing shameful photo.
    No one wears Oakleys anymore.

Benny OUT.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

Scot circling as time ticks away for Nathan Tinkler
    By JAMES GARDINER
    Feb. 2, 2015, 11 p.m

TIME is almost up for besieged Newcastle Jets owner Nathan Tinkler.

Football Federation Australia has effectively issued Tinkler with a show-cause notice following last-ditch crisis talks between the former billionaire and FFA chief executive David Gallop on Monday.

Adding further intrigue to the Jets ownership wrangle, the Newcastle Herald has learnt that Dundee United chairman Stephen Thompson is in Australia, suggesting the Scottish Premier League club are still in the frame.

There was also speculation on Monday night that Argentinian striker Jeronimo could be set to join the list of player departures.

Central to Tinkler’s discussions with Gallop were debts well in excess of $500,000, including $140,00 to Northern NSW and unpaid superannuation to players and staff.

Tinkler had given an undertaking to settle the club’s accounts and rectify other operational issues, including the appointment of a chief executive, by last Saturday.

“FFA advised the Jets that it has decided to give the club a formal notice in relation to its financial state,’’ an FFA spokesperson said.

‘‘The Jets will be given a short period to respond to the formal notice.”

After saying in an interview last week that ‘‘creditors are getting paid as we speak’’ and ‘‘it will all be resolved’’ Tinkler again told the FFA that outstanding liabilities would be met and key staffing levels upgraded to A-League standard.
    See your ad here

“FFA today held another round of talks with Nathan Tinkler and received assurances about his intention to recapitalise the Newcastle Jets and comprehensively address urgent issues in the club’s operation,” an FFA spokesman said.

Tinkler was not available for comment on Monday night.

After putting the Jets up for sale in August, Tinkler took the club off the market last month despite an approach from Dundee United, who baulked at the $5million price tag.

But notwithstanding Tinkler’s regular denials, the Tangerines are keeping close tabs on developments at FFA headquarters and majority stakeholder Thompson is in Australia visiting his daughter.

“The interest is still there,’’ Thompson told the Newcastle Herald. “I think there is an opportunity for A-League clubs to be successful on and off the field, whether it’s the Jets or other clubs.

‘‘We have shown we can build something sustainable in Scotland.

‘‘We have made a profit over the past five years and I’m not aware of too many other clubs who have achieved that.

“Australia is a growth market for the game while in Scotland, in general, the game is struggling.

‘‘But we have shown what can be achieved if you do the right things. I have no doubt you could transfer that success to Australia.’’

Dundee United sit fourth on the SPL table and beat Aberdeen 2-1 on Saturday to book a berth in the Scottish League Cup final against Celtic.

While Tinkler held talks with FFA, the Professional Footballers Australia players union was awaiting revised termination offers for the five players the club moved to sack last week.

Captain Kew Jaliens, 2008 grand final hero Joel Griffiths, David Carney, Adrian Madaschi and Billy Celeski were told on Wednesday night that their contracts would be terminated.

Jeronimo, who is the Jets’ equal leading goal scorer with three goals, is understood to unhappy with the recent events at the club and wants out.

The club has proposed to pay out Jaliens, Griffiths, Madaschi and Celeski, who are off contract at the end of the season.

However, the players union has requested clauses be added to protect player entitlements and outstanding statutory obligations, including superannuation.

‘‘Nothing has changed with regards to our position,’’ PFA spokesman Beau Busch said. ‘‘We have not received revised termination offers. That status quo remains.’’

The PFA is also awaiting a response from the Jets regarding Carney.

After initially offering to pay out the final 18 months of his contract, the Jets moved to sack the former Socceroo, with no payout, over three alleged breaches.

Carney has accepted two breaches but has formally rejected the third. If an agreement cannot be reached, the matter is likely to go to arbitration.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/28...inkler/?cs=306
    I would think they would give tinkler a week to respond to the show cause then strip the license, so my tip, FFA announcement early next week, perhaps even sunday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pico View Post
    I would think they would give tinkler a week to respond to the show cause then strip the license, so my tip, FFA announcement early next week, perhaps even sunday.
    I read somewhere, I think it was in the Australian, that they have to give him 14 days for the show cause That wasn't the case for Clive Palmer so not sure if it is correct or not.

It's also in the smh version of the story. Can't post link.

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    You do realise that media is a completely separate department to marketing?
    I'm unsure about the Jets. But what you said is untrue of many organisations, where the roles work side by side or are even performed by the same staff.

I'm sure Benny will let us know. Does he have a forum profile yet and, if so, can he give me some positive rep please?

Banned
    I'm unsure about the Jets. But what you said is untrue of many organisations, where the roles work side by side or are even performed by the same staff.

I'm sure Benny will let us know. Does he have a forum profile yet and, if so, can he give me some positive rep please?
    Someone please Neg rep this bloke.

I am all out

Well let me tell you it is.
    MDT is commercial & marketing, Benny is media manager
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

tinks interviews always remind me of this

A-League: Newcastle Jets owner Nathan Tinkler talks FFA, sacked players, debt, creditors
    BARRY TOOHEY THE DAILY TELEGRAPH FEBRUARY 03, 2015 8:
    NATHAN Tinkler admits he has trust issues with the FFA and chairman Frank Lowy, and has accused the five senior players he sacked from the Newcastle Jets last week of baulking over their termination payouts.
    But in this explosive interview with Barry Toohey, the Jets owner and former billionaire mining magnate says he has no intention of being walked over by the FFA or the players and is not about to lose control of the A-League club like he did the Newcastle Knights.
    BT: You appear to be on the brink of having your A-League licence revoked after being issued with a show-cause notice for failing to meet your financial obligations to the club. Is that your take on it. Nathan. after your phone hook-up with FFA on Tuesday?
    NT: The FFA have reiterated the points they wanted addressed a few weeks ago and when they stressed those points before, I said it would take until mid-February to get those things done and I’ve stood by that time frame. The January 31 date (deadline) was news to me. I said mid-February and that’s what I’m standing by.
    BT: If everything is okay at your end, what is the hold up?
    NT: It takes time to secure CEO’s and it takes time to get things in order. I’ve effectively had all this dropped in my lap a few weeks ago and I think I’m responding to it better than most. But that hasn’t stopped the FFA dropping the boot in along the way, making it that bit harder.
    BT: Given the turmoil at the club, surely the FFA is entitled to be seeking assurances from you on the Jets’ future?
    NT: The trouble is it’s kind of hard to take the FFA at their word. I’m supposed to go ahead and fix all these things in good faith that I’m going to keep the licence after it is done. While they are looking for assurances that these things are going to get dealt with, I’m looking for assurances that when they are dealt with, I am going to keep the licence and we move forward.
    BT: Are you referring to a conversation with Frank Lowy over the payment of $5 million for the Jets licence?
    NT: It was absolutely about the fee, yes. I was told that all clubs had paid it. We’ve had a few conversations about that and it hasn’t changed the fact. I can guarantee you the liabilities of the club now are nothing like the $5 million that was paid to them.
    BT: How much are the club’s liabilities?
    NT: A million dollars injected into the club will fix all those issues.
    BT: Where is the money coming from?
    NT: It will come from me. I’m not a public company and everyone can go around and worry about all that sort of stuff. It’s ridiculous the conjecture and the bullshit that goes on around me. Everyone wants to line up and have a kick but lots of people would be happy to be as poor as me.
    BT: Creditors are lining up to be paid. Why haven’t you injected that money in already?
    NT: Because of a combination of reasons. There are a few things there that I want the new CEO to come in and get on. There are some pretty uncommercial arrangements around the Emerging Jets (junior) program and other areas that I think need restructuring. If I come running in and pay the money, then what happens? Everyone just keeps their hand out. There has been a real hand-out culture at the club to the point where now, even players think they can dominate it. We have started putting money in. You’ve seen players being signed — that doesn’t happen with no money. Getting the roster right has been the first thing we have taken on.
    BT: Shouldn’t the creditors be the priority?
    NT: The creditors will get dealt with. They always get dealt with. No-one is running away from them. I’ve paid more soccer bills than anyone in the Hunter, I can tell you that.
    BT: The club doesn’t have a CEO. When will that be remedied?
    NT: I am hoping he will start in the next week or two. I had planned to announce it (on Monday) but with the FFA going out and shooting their mouth off like they do, that sort of places a bit of a storm-cloud over everything. Anybody taking on a new job is entitled to seek some assurances and I’ve told the candidate to go and have a chat with the FFA and get those assurances as well.
    BT: You don’t seem to have much faith in the FFA?
    NT: We need to know that if we fix all these problems, the FFA, in relation to the licence, is going to stand by their word. They don’t have a great track record of doing that. We are entitled to be concerned. I want an assurance from the FFA that when I deal with all that, then I will be treated fairly and stop being discriminated against and there’ll be no more conjecture and bullshit around us holding the licence.
    BT: Given you publicly said you badly wanted the Jets out of your life late last year, what is your motivation in all of this?
    NT: I put a lot of money into the club and I’ve put a lot of money into the town and the region — into supporting its sport. The NRL saw fit to line up and take it (the Knights) off me and some people and the media are claiming there was a win in all that. But I can tell you right now, the NRL aren’t putting the $1.5 million into junior development in the area that I was putting in. The club lost. The club lost the best coach the game’s ever had and they lost the most generous owner they’ll ever have.
    BT: So now you don’t want to lose the Jets?
    NT: If the FFA want to line up and do the same thing with the soccer, well I’m not going to take it lying down this time. I’ve put a lot of money into that club and I’m the first to put my hand up and say I wish it was managed better but it hasn’t been. But now I’m bringing in people so that it will be. I haven’t lost anyone else’s money — it’s my own.
    BT: Was it your bitterness over the way you lost the Knights then that led to you putting the boot into the Jets and the town like you did in August last year?
    NT: Yes, at that point in time it was. I was extremely disappointed in a lot of people the way that went down with the Knights.
    BT: To the point where you put the Jets up for sale and said you didn’t want anything to do with them or any sporting club. You said you “wanted them out the door”.
    NT: I said I was keen to get the Jets out the door at the time but look, it was a poorly chosen phrase. I’m not going to go away from that. It’s been the beat-up line for you blokes in the media so that everyone could run around and hack on me. But the club is no longer for sale. My hands are on the wheel now and we are putting in place measures to secure the future and turn this club around.
    BT: What about the way you went about sacking the five senior players and coaching staff last week that has plenty of people off-side. Any regrets?
    NT: No, none at all. Big decisions needed to be made because of the culture of losing at the club over a long period. Have a look at how the senior players we’ve got rid of have carried on since they left. They say they are good examples for the club and yet all they have done since they were terminated is to prove to everyone they are the sort of senior players and leaders you don’t want in your club.
    BT: Aren’t they entitled to fight for everything that is owed to them before agreeing to leave given you forced them out?
    NT: They are getting what is entitled to them in full. Everything is there including superannuation. Not a dollar has been left out. All they have to do is sign the mutual termination with the agreed amount on it and they will be paid. But they want me to pay them first before they sign and that’s not going to happen. Sign the paperwork and it will be dealt with — simple. They haven’t got a job here. They are terminated from the club and that’s it. I don’t know why they are hanging around because they made it clear it was an environment they wanted to change and not be a part of. They can now not be a part of it but they don’t want to go.
    BT: Given where the club is on the ladder and the season is a lost cause, what is the point in bringing in another five players now?
    NT: So you advocate we never start rebuilding, Barry? We just let it go do we or wait until this time next season and start again?
    BT: No, you rebuild but with a long-term strategy, not filling holes for the sake of it.
    NT: Everyone is obligated to have 21 senior players on your roster and if five of those are sitting on the bench doing nothing, then you are at a distinct disadvantage.
    BT: Will you be at Hunter Stadium on Friday night for the game against Brisbane?
    NT: Yeah, every chance.
    BT: Are you expecting Jets fans to vent their frustration at how the club is being run?
    NT: What at me, you mean? Maybe, if they are happy losing they will. Anybody who is happy at how the Newcastle Jets have been going is a fool. We are all in the same boat though because that’s what a club is. I’m not happy. But it’s a bigger fool that thinks they can go to bed tonight and wake up in the morning and it will all be fixed. This club has been failing for four years. There is an inherent culture of failing here. We had the top goalscorer in the league last year (Adam Taggart) and still couldn’t make the semi-finals. Please … I apologise for not being a loser. I’m not going to accept that. Any member that does, they can whinge their heart out. I’m sorry but this club is going to win and we are going to make the necessary changes so it does win.
    BT: How long is it going to take?
    NT: Do yourself a favour and do a little Google on Perth Glory sacking their coach and having an upheaval last year. How are they travelling now? Or Google who won the competition last year (Western Sydney) and where are they travelling? Things can turn around quick in this game. The only thing that won’t change is the media’s perception of me.

NT: If the FFA want to line up and do the same thing with the soccer (as the Knights), well I’m not going to take it lying down this time.
    Its just one massive ego thing and a bit about 5mill.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairgo View Post
    A-League: Newcastle Jets owner Nathan Tinkler talks FFA, sacked players, debt, creditors
    BARRY TOOHEY THE DAILY TELEGRAPH FEBRUARY 03, 2015 8:
    NATHAN Tinkler admits he has trust issues with the FFA and chairman Frank Lowy, and has accused the five senior players he sacked from the Newcastle Jets last week of baulking over their termination payouts.
    But in this explosive interview with Barry Toohey, the Jets owner and former billionaire mining magnate says he has no intention of being walked over by the FFA or the players and is not about to lose control of the A-League club like he did the Newcastle Knights.
    BT: You appear to be on the brink of having your A-League licence revoked after being issued with a show-cause notice for failing to meet your financial obligations to the club. Is that your take on it. Nathan. after your phone hook-up with FFA on Tuesday?
    NT: The FFA have reiterated the points they wanted addressed a few weeks ago and when they stressed those points before, I said it would take until mid-February to get those things done and I’ve stood by that time frame. The January 31 date (deadline) was news to me. I said mid-February and that’s what I’m standing by.
    BT: If everything is okay at your end, what is the hold up?
    NT: It takes time to secure CEO’s and it takes time to get things in order. I’ve effectively had all this dropped in my lap a few weeks ago and I think I’m responding to it better than most. But that hasn’t stopped the FFA dropping the boot in along the way, making it that bit harder.
    BT: Given the turmoil at the club, surely the FFA is entitled to be seeking assurances from you on the Jets’ future?
    NT: The trouble is it’s kind of hard to take the FFA at their word. I’m supposed to go ahead and fix all these things in good faith that I’m going to keep the licence after it is done. While they are looking for assurances that these things are going to get dealt with, I’m looking for assurances that when they are dealt with, I am going to keep the licence and we move forward.
    BT: Are you referring to a conversation with Frank Lowy over the payment of $5 million for the Jets licence?
    NT: It was absolutely about the fee, yes. I was told that all clubs had paid it. We’ve had a few conversations about that and it hasn’t changed the fact. I can guarantee you the liabilities of the club now are nothing like the $5 million that was paid to them.
    BT: How much are the club’s liabilities?
    NT: A million dollars injected into the club will fix all those issues.
    BT: Where is the money coming from?
    NT: It will come from me. I’m not a public company and everyone can go around and worry about all that sort of stuff. It’s ridiculous the conjecture and the bullshit that goes on around me. Everyone wants to line up and have a kick but lots of people would be happy to be as poor as me.
    BT: Creditors are lining up to be paid. Why haven’t you injected that money in already?
    NT: Because of a combination of reasons. There are a few things there that I want the new CEO to come in and get on. There are some pretty uncommercial arrangements around the Emerging Jets (junior) program and other areas that I think need restructuring. If I come running in and pay the money, then what happens? Everyone just keeps their hand out. There has been a real hand-out culture at the club to the point where now, even players think they can dominate it. We have started putting money in. You’ve seen players being signed — that doesn’t happen with no money. Getting the roster right has been the first thing we have taken on.
    BT: Shouldn’t the creditors be the priority?
    NT: The creditors will get dealt with. They always get dealt with. No-one is running away from them. I’ve paid more soccer bills than anyone in the Hunter, I can tell you that.
    BT: The club doesn’t have a CEO. When will that be remedied?
    NT: I am hoping he will start in the next week or two. I had planned to announce it (on Monday) but with the FFA going out and shooting their mouth off like they do, that sort of places a bit of a storm-cloud over everything. Anybody taking on a new job is entitled to seek some assurances and I’ve told the candidate to go and have a chat with the FFA and get those assurances as well.
    BT: You don’t seem to have much faith in the FFA?
    NT: We need to know that if we fix all these problems, the FFA, in relation to the licence, is going to stand by their word. They don’t have a great track record of doing that. We are entitled to be concerned. I want an assurance from the FFA that when I deal with all that, then I will be treated fairly and stop being discriminated against and there’ll be no more conjecture and bullshit around us holding the licence.
    BT: Given you publicly said you badly wanted the Jets out of your life late last year, what is your motivation in all of this?
    NT: I put a lot of money into the club and I’ve put a lot of money into the town and the region — into supporting its sport. The NRL saw fit to line up and take it (the Knights) off me and some people and the media are claiming there was a win in all that. But I can tell you right now, the NRL aren’t putting the $1.5 million into junior development in the area that I was putting in. The club lost. The club lost the best coach the game’s ever had and they lost the most generous owner they’ll ever have.
    NT: If the FFA want to line up and do the same thing with the soccer, well I’m not going to take it lying down this time. I’ve put a lot of money into that club and I’m the first to put my hand up and say I wish it was managed better but it hasn’t been. But now I’m bringing in people so that it will be. I haven’t lost anyone else’s money — it’s my own.
    BT: Was it your bitterness over the way you lost the Knights then that led to you putting the boot into the Jets and the town like you did in August last year?
    NT: Yes, at that point in time it was. I was extremely disappointed in a lot of people the way that went down with the Knights.
    BT: To the point where you put the Jets up for sale and said you didn’t want anything to do with them or any sporting club. You said you “wanted them out the door”.
    NT: I said I was keen to get the Jets out the door at the time but look, it was a poorly chosen phrase. I’m not going to go away from that. It’s been the beat-up line for you blokes in the media so that everyone could run around and hack on me. But the club is no longer for sale. My hands are on the wheel now and we are putting in place measures to secure the future and turn this club around.
    BT: What about the way you went about sacking the five senior players and coaching staff last week that has plenty of people off-side. Any regrets?
    NT: No, none at all. Big decisions needed to be made because of the culture of losing at the club over a long period. Have a look at how the senior players we’ve got rid of have carried on since they left. They say they are good examples for the club and yet all they have done since they were terminated is to prove to everyone they are the sort of senior players and leaders you don’t want in your club.
    BT: Aren’t they entitled to fight for everything that is owed to them before agreeing to leave given you forced them out?
    NT: They are getting what is entitled to them in full. Everything is there including superannuation. Not a dollar has been left out. All they have to do is sign the mutual termination with the agreed amount on it and they will be paid. But they want me to pay them first before they sign and that’s not going to happen. Sign the paperwork and it will be dealt with — simple. They haven’t got a job here. They are terminated from the club and that’s it. I don’t know why they are hanging around because they made it clear it was an environment they wanted to change and not be a part of. They can now not be a part of it but they don’t want to go.
    BT: Given where the club is on the ladder and the season is a lost cause, what is the point in bringing in another five players now?
    NT: So you advocate we never start rebuilding, Barry? We just let it go do we or wait until this time next season and start again?
    BT: No, you rebuild but with a long-term strategy, not filling holes for the sake of it.
    NT: Everyone is obligated to have 21 senior players on your roster and if five of those are sitting on the bench doing nothing, then you are at a distinct disadvantage.
    BT: Will you be at Hunter Stadium on Friday night for the game against Brisbane?
    NT: Yeah, every chance.
    BT: Are you expecting Jets fans to vent their frustration at how the club is being run?
    NT: What at me, you mean? Maybe, if they are happy losing they will. Anybody who is happy at how the Newcastle Jets have been going is a fool. We are all in the same boat though because that’s what a club is. I’m not happy. But it’s a bigger fool that thinks they can go to bed tonight and wake up in the morning and it will all be fixed. This club has been failing for four years. There is an inherent culture of failing here. We had the top goalscorer in the league last year (Adam Taggart) and still couldn’t make the semi-finals. Please … I apologise for not being a loser. I’m not going to accept that. Any member that does, they can whinge their heart out. I’m sorry but this club is going to win and we are going to make the necessary changes so it does win.
    BT: How long is it going to take?
    NT: Do yourself a favour and do a little Google on Perth Glory sacking their coach and having an upheaval last year. How are they travelling now? Or Google who won the competition last year (Western Sydney) and where are they travelling? Things can turn around quick in this game. The only thing that won’t change is the media’s perception of me.
    Whilst this bloke continues to back a bloke like Stubbins he is proving he has NFI

A few things:

- This appears solely about getting back what Tinkler feels he is owed from the FFA, if he mentions $5million again, my god.
    - The use of the words "Commercial" and "emerging Jets" in the same sentence. Player production is going to go fine when aiming to make a profit from working mum and dad.
    - Still appears to lack respect or idea about how industrial relations work.
    - Seems to like to make references to a) Brisbane SACKING THEIR COACH and starting again and b) Perth SACKING THEIR COACH and starting again, and this is the same as what we are doing.

Hey Mr Tinkler. **** OFF
    Go jetties

Interview with a man who has been cornered. Wants the FFA to treat him fairly now but is not going to show the money to sacked players until they sign theur rights away. Bit hypocritical. Once again it is all about him with absolutely no thought or understanding of supporter culture. Supporters are an afterthought at best or considered fools if they disagree with him. Get rid of this bloke.

Gallop tells Tinkler to move quickly or else
    By IAN McCULLOUGH and JAMES GARDINER
    Feb. 3, 2015, 9:30 p.m

FOOTBALL Federation Australia chief executive David Gallop has ordered Jets owner Nathan Tinkler to get the A-League club’s house in order or face the consequences.

The FFA issued the Jets a show-cause notice on Monday after Tinkler missed a January 31 deadline to pay well in excess of $500,000 to creditors.

The formal issue of a notice is the first step towards revoking the club’s licence.

The governing body did not detail how long Tinkler had to settle the debts and fix operational issues, but it was clear it wanted immediate action.

‘‘We’ve had concerns about the state of the club for some time now,’’ Gallop said on Tuesday. ‘‘We’ve given the club formal notice around their financial position and we need to put things in place quickly.

‘‘It’s our responsibility to make sure that the club is aware of its obligations and fills those obligations in a timely manner. The consequences are obvious.’’

Already without a chief executive after Robbie Middleby and chairman Ray Baartz quit last month, Tinkler moved last week to sack five senior players and let go three members of the coaching staff.

Assistant coach Michael Bridges has left and Argentine striker Jeronimo is believed to want out.

Championship-winning assistant coach Mark Jones has returned and former Olyroos winger Travis Cooper and South Korean left back Lee Ki-je signed short-term deals on Tuesday.

Gallop said the way the club was being run was not up to the standard of a professional sporting organisation.

‘‘We’re the controlling body of the sport and we’re entitled to require our clubs to operate in a sustainable and responsible way,’’ he said.

‘‘If that doesn’t happen, there are steps we can take. We’re not at that stage yet.

‘‘We’ve given the club time to manage its affairs, but that can’t be timeless.’’

Tinkler said last week that he was willing to pay the Jets’ debts, but only if the FFA paid him back $5million he claims he is owed, believing he was overcharged when he took over the club from Con Constantine in 2010.

The Newcastle Herald reported in May 2012 that Tinkler had paid FFA a $3.5million acquisition fee when he took over.

Tinkler tried to hand back the licence over the fee before reaching a compromise at a meeting with FFA chairman Frank Lowy in a Brisbane airport hangar.

It is understood the compromise, including a settlement to Jason Culina, who was sacked in the first year of a three-year, $2.65million deal, was significantly less than the initial figure.

‘‘That issue is in the distant past, in our view,’’ Gallop said. ‘‘It’s subject to legally binding settlement agreements.

‘‘We certainly don’t expect there to be focus on that into the future and reject that suggestion and assertion, and that’s been made clear to the current owner. He’s given assurances that he is serious about fixing the club’s financial and operational problems.

‘‘We’ve indicated to him that he needs to now do things to put his words into practice.

‘‘We want to see the club fully staffed and operating in a manner that befits a team in a national competition.’’

After putting the Jets up for sale in August, Tinkler took the club off the market last month despite an approach from Dundee United, who would not meet the $5million price tag.

Dundee United chairman Stephen Thompson is in Australia and keeping close tabs on the ownership developments.

United, who have posted a profit in four of the past five years, pocketed $3.9million on Tuesday after the transfer of midfielder Stuart Armstrong and winger Gary Mackay-Steven to Celtic.

Tinkler appears to have the backing of fellow A-League owners. The chairmen are understood to have held an informal meeting where they agreed to support the former billionaire as long as he cleared his debts by the end of February.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/28...r-else/?cs=306
    Strange to see the HAL owners backing Tinks, you'd think they'd pick their battles and allies a little better.
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

Love how he argues that he wont fix the debts until the FFA gives all the guarantees that he will keep his licence and then goes on to say he cant understand why the players are refusing to sign mutual terminations until they have received all their entitlements since they have been fired. Lets hope the FFA take the same approach with him soon.
    This bloke is delusional!

Quote Originally Posted by hausmann View Post
    Interview with a man who has been cornered.
    That's exactly what I took out of the piece too. He clearly has his back against the wall and appears to be very concerned about his license, wonder why that is, if he had the means to address all the concerns as he claims the FFA would have no grounds, not to mention this is the bloke who was allegedly ready to launch legal action.

I had to laugh at the line about not paying his emerging jets bill because he basically wants some leverage over NNSW, whilst complaining like a little bitch about how he's treated by the FFA. This bloke has the worlds largest victim syndrome I've ever seen.

Good to see the CEO has some brains by running to the hills, you'd be a fool to get into bed with Tinks, I'm looking at you Stillborn!

Quote Originally Posted by Pico View Post
    Strange to see the HAL owners backing Tinks, you'd think they'd pick their battles and allies a little better.
    It doesn't say how many support him.
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Anyone else wake up this morning with a hate for Everton?