Page 92 of 123 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 2441

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Up at coffs for the week and there's an article in the local paper about moving an a league match to the town for one round. Would be marketed with coaching clinics etc. what are everyone's thoughts of moving one game up here? I know it's not ideal moving home matches etc but would be an opportunity of picking up some fans up north who may be sitting on the fence as to whether to support us or Brisbane. Excellent facilities up here too
    I would be surprised if it is us. Our first game at home is Rd 2 vs Victory.

If our Rd 1 opposition are willing to do that, by all means go for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

There you go. Beechwood announced

Dear Jeterpool,

Newcastle Jets today continued it’s off field rebuild ahead of Hyundai A-League season 11 with the signing of Beechwood Homes as a Principal Partner.

An established name in the Australian home building industry and a company with long ties to the Hunter Valley, Beechwood Homes will appear on the front of the Jets’ home jerseys throughout the 2015-16 A-League campaign.

The deal comes as a major boost for the club as the Jets continue to restructure and revitalise its operations.

Newcastle Jets Chief Executive Officer, Mr Mitchell Murphy, said that finalising a partnership with such a reputable and respected organisation as Beechwood Homes represents a significant coup for the club.

“Beechwood Homes are a highly professional company held in high esteem across New South Wales,” Murphy said. “Today we enter into the first year of what will hopefully become a long and mutually beneficial partnership with an organisation that truly cares for and delivers results for local people.”

“Throughout this partnership the Jets will work tirelessly to support Beechwood’s efforts in building great homes and communities in Newcastle and Northern New South Wales, and I know Beechwood will work enthusiastically to support our club.”

“It is a proud day for the Newcastle Jets to launch this major sponsorship with Beechwood Homes,” he said.

Beechwood Homes Managing Director, Mr Vic Cavasinni, said his organisation continually seeks to support the communities in which it operates.

“We are pleased to support the communities that support us,” Cavasinni said. “The people of Newcastle and the Hunter deserve a team in the nation’s elite football competition and we are pleased to help out.”

“We have been building houses throughout the Hunter and Northern NSW for over 35 years.”

“As builders we know the importance of building on solid foundations. We believe that the new Newcastle Jets are putting those foundation in place now, so we look forward to the journey together,” Cavasinni concluded.

While Newcastle Jets and Beechwood Homes will collaborate on a range of engagement initiatives for club Members and fans throughout the 2015-16 A-League season, football fans seeking to build a new home soon are encouraged to speak with Beechwood Homes.

Indeed, from now until 31 December 2015 Beechwood Homes is running a ‘Show Your Colours’ promotion.

Customers seeking to build a new home can receive a discount of $500 on top of any other promotion if they are wearing an A-League or NRL jersey and mention the Beechwood Homes/Newcastle Jets sponsorship when they first request their tender.

The $500 discount will double to $1000 if they happen to be wearing a Newcastle Jets, Newcastle Knights, or Sydney FC jersey at the time
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

So - logo on kit mockups plz.

"Beechwood Homes will appear on the front of the Jets’ home jerseys throughout the 2015-16 A-League campaign"

Just the Home? Different Sponsor for Away Kit?

It's been just over a month (20/5/15) since the licence was taken over and I reckon a bit of credit is due here. The club have managed to:

* Sign a new major sponsor
    * Hold 3 football forums for various entities over a 3 week period
    * Appoint a new coach and assistant
    * Re-sign the majority of last years squad
    * Establish a deal with another company (Flightcentre)

That's A LOT to do in such a short time. I don't know if additional staff from the FFA have been assigned, or if NNSWF are helping out, but I reckon the crew working behind the scenes are putting us in the best position we have been in years off the field. Shows just what can happen when the reins, or purse string are loosened. Also reflects on engagement now Tinkler has been removed.

The biggest challenge, however, is ahead. Getting together a competitive squad.
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 25-06-2015 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    It's been just over a month (20/5/15) since the licence has been taken over and I reckon a bit of credit is due here. The club have managed to

That's A LOT to do in such a short time. I don't know if additional staff from the FFA have been assigned, or if NNSWF are helping out, but I reckon the crew working behind the scenes are putting us in the best position we have been in years off the field. Shows just what can happen when the reins, or purse string are loosened. Also reflects on engagement now Tinkler has been removed.

Totally agree Jeterpool.
    We are quick to put the boot in when things aren't going right but credit where it is due, a lot of positive things have been done in the last month since FFA took over to give supporters renewed optimism for the future.

I would be surprised if it is us. Our first game at home is Rd 2 vs Victory.

If our Rd 1 opposition are willing to do that, by all means go for it.
    one round, not round one.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    one round, not round one.
    Ah!

It's been just over a month (20/5/15) since the licence was taken over and I reckon a bit of credit is due here. The club have managed to:

Agree, but unfortunately in such a results based environment, all this will mean nothing if they come last again. Just hope the squad can put in a good season to maintain the current positivity, at least "moving forward" is actually happening as opposed to just talk.

wot?
    Spend $150,000 odd on a house to save $500?

Good to see Middleby has picked up employment since his demise at the Jets.

I've had a go with these.

It will most likely have a white background because the Beechwood logo text is black.

I included a white text version just for comparison.

Beechwood Jets 01.jpgBeechwood Jets 02.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    wot?

That is a cheap house

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    wot?

Ah, but if you are WEARING a Jets shirt when you take out the loan you get $1000 off.

It's all a bit ridiculous. Imagine having to get changed midway through the meeting. "Oh hang on, my Jets shirt is in the car..."
    Last edited by Xander; 25-06-2015 at 02:14 PM. Reason: words

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Ah, but if you are WEARING a Jets shirt when you take out the loan you get $1000 off.

It's all a bit ridiculous. Imagine having to get changed midway through the meeting. "Oh hang on, my Jets shirt is in the car..."
    also works if you wearing your Sydney FC shirt
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

It will most likely have a white background because the Beechwood logo text is black.

second one looks much better.

Beechwood Jets 01.jpgBeechwood Jets 02.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-06-25-20-48-04.jpg

Change the A-league badge to the FFA Cup badge and you will have our 2015 FFA cup strip

Jets in Liquidation.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/31...e-poll/?cs=305

DOZENS of unsecured trade creditors of Nathan Tinkler’s failed Newcastle Jets operation face a disastrous outcome, with liquidators saying they won’t receive any money unless legal action is successful.
    Creditors voted unanimously at a meeting in Newcastle on Thursday to place Newcastle Jets Football Operations, that buckled under the weight of more than $22 million in debt, in liquidation.
    The black hole at the middle of the company means unsecured trade creditors, owed about $1.1 million, will get nothing unless an insolvent trading claim is successful.

Creditors, including one representing several Tinkler entities, voted to appoint James Shaw, of Shaw Gidley, as liquidator.
    Mr Shaw said there was not even enough money in the failed company to pay the liquidator’s fees.
    His firm becomes a priority creditor and will be paid about $130,000 in administrator’s fees, but will conduct the liquidation free of charge.

The Herald revealed on Saturday, that when Mr Tinkler placed the company in voluntary administration in May it had $605 in the bank, $88 in office petty cash, gym equipment, some outdated merchandise and a 2009 Hyundai i30.
    Mr Tinkler owns the company and his sister, Donna Dennis, is the sole director.
    ‘‘The company is clearly very insolvent, has no licence, has no business,’’ Mr Shaw said.
    ‘‘The only option available that makes any practical sense is to resolve to place the company in liquidation.’’
    The meeting heard there was ‘‘potential’’ for a ‘‘small return’’ from the company for priority unsecured creditors, including employees and players.
    About $1.5 million is owed in wages and superannuation and employees will be able to apply for assistance under a Federal Government scheme designed to help people who lose their job due to insolvency.
    For unsecured trade creditors, including local mum-and-dad businesses, the only hope of a return is if legal action is successful.

Creditor Graham Habgood urged the Australian Securities and Investments Commission to investigate the string of Tinkler companies placed in liquidation in the past few years.
    ‘‘They have to do something, it can’t be allowed to continue,’’ he said.
    Mr Shaw confirmed he would investigate the role of parent company Hunter Valley Sports Group in the collapse.
    ‘‘We are waiting on information from Hunter Valley Sports Group to properly assess the financial position of that entity,’’ he said.
    The meeting added heat to a battle that began last week between FFA and Shaw Gidley, after Mr Shaw issued his latest creditor’s report that FFA labelled ‘‘misleading’’ and ‘‘inaccurate’’.
    Mr Shaw said that FFA requested he ‘‘make a statement’’ to the meeting, but he refused.
    ‘‘FFA has a number of concerns with comments on matters within my report,’’ he said.
    ‘‘We largely agree to disagree on a broad range of issues.’’
    Mr Shaw agreed to inform creditors that FFA withheld $300,000 in grant funds from the Jets earlier this year due to a ‘‘right of set-off’’ against money the FFA believed the Jets owed it.
    He said there was also a dispute about the amount stated in the report that could be potentially recovered from FFA under insolvency laws, with FFA claiming it had been ‘‘overstated’’.
    ‘‘I take a different view,’’ Mr Shaw said.

Eh, it's a separate identity to what we're dealing with now, so all good for us moving forward.

But jeez, how did it come to this.....
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Newcastle Jets Football Operations = Mark Bridge in the '08 Grand Final.

Despite what people will try and tell you, that shit never existed.

Mitchell Murphy building for future despite uncertainty By ROBERT DILLON June 25, 2015, 9:30 p.m.

Making it official: Beechwood Homes managing director Vic Cavasinni, second from left, seals the deal to become the Jets home-game "principal sponsor". Picture: Marina Neil
    Making it official: Beechwood Homes managing director Vic Cavasinni, second from left, seals the deal to become the Jets home-game "principal sponsor". Picture: Marina Neil
    See your ad here
    MITCHELL Murphy knows he needs to keep kicking goals if he is to be retained as the long-term chief executive for the Newcastle Jets.

The announcement on Thursday that the Jets had secured a home-game ‘‘principal partner’’, Beechwood Homes, for one season with a one-year option should only enhance his prospects.

It will be just the second cash-paying major sponsor in Newcastle’s history, after online bookmakers Centrebet in season 2008-09.

The club’s other major sponsors have effectively been Clayton’s deals, promoting companies owned or affiliated with former owners Con Constantine and Nathan Tinkler, such as Parklea Markets, Hunter Ports and Castle Quarry Products.

Murphy said the Beechwood deal was for a ‘‘sizeable figure’’ and negotiations were well advanced with a potential major sponsor for Newcastle’s away-game strip.

‘‘The market is tough for everybody and we learned very early on that to go and sell the kit holistically, for both home and away, in the current commercial landscape is going to be difficult,’’ Murphy told the Newcastle Herald.

‘‘So we decided to go with a hybrid model, where we’re selling the front of the home jersey and also the front of the away jersey to different partners.

‘‘We’re well down the track with negotiations on that. I suppose it makes it easier when you’re spreading the sell, rather than asking someone to come up with one very big number.’’

Beechwood Homes managing director Vic Cavasinni said the Hunter Region had been ‘‘kind’’ to his company over the past 35 years and this was a chance to ‘‘support the community’’.

See your ad here
    Beechwood is also a sponsor of the Newcastle Knights.

“The people of Newcastle and the Hunter deserve a team in the nation’s elite football competition and we are pleased to help out,’’ Cavasinni said.

“. . . as builders we know the importance of building on solid foundations. We believe that the new Newcastle Jets are putting those foundations in place now, so we look forward to the journey together.’’

The only complication in negotiating the deal was that Beechwood also sponsors Sydney FC, so an agreement was reached whereby Newcastle’s shirts will advertise Autism Awareness for their home games against Sydney.

‘‘We contacted Sydney FC to let them know we were speaking to Beechwood,’’ Murphy said.

‘‘We wanted to be transparent about it. They were incredibly supportive.’’

Having been appointed as Newcastle’s CEO in February, Murphy’s future was clouded by the demise of Nathan Tinkler as Jets owner last month.

Like the rest of Newcastle’s administrative staff, Murphy is on a rolling month-by-month contract while the club remains under Football Federation Australia ownership.

But his aim is to stay at the helm once the governing body finds a new owner for the franchise.

‘‘For me, it’s quite simple,’’ Murphy said.

‘‘It’s business as usual until a new owner comes in, and then we’ll see how that new owner wants to progress.

‘‘But I’m fully committed to the club and I think we’ve shown a lot of positive signs in recent weeks that the future looks bright.

‘‘There’s a lot of work still to be done, and we’re very aware of that, but I think we’ve made some profound inroads.

‘‘It’s an unusual set of circumstances, but the commitment and resilience of the staff has been first-rate.’’
    http://www.theherald.com.au/story/31...ainty/?cs=3398

I think it is great that we will be having 2 different front of shirt sponsors one for home and one for away. Does anyone want to have a stab at who the away sponsor will be or how much it is going for?

Autism Awarness against Sydney at home is a nice touch too